Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I remember it being a short walk to the aquarium from Mambo Beach and a resort on that little island too!   Beautiful area.

I guess this is a different Mambo?

20221008_141650.thumb.jpg.f80659e6fdf3265f0bb218d3744b67ba.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Thanks.  Trying to gauge when we can think about booking again.  I would like to cruise but don't want to have to wear a mask at any point in the trip.  I guess we will wait till sometime next year or longer to be sure.  I have seen a few posts on some of the other lines of masks being required part way through the cruise.  

I cruises in January on Allure and masking was an issue inside the ship and on St. Thomas as well as airports, airplanes, and taxis. Cruised again in April on Allure and never touch a mask all week, exactly as it should be unless one disires to wear one. There were also only about 4000 guests in the ship which was awesome. I suspect I'll never get to experience that again.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Thanks.  Trying to gauge when we can think about booking again.  I would like to cruise but don't want to have to wear a mask at any point in the trip.  I guess we will wait till sometime next year or longer to be sure.  I have seen a few posts on some of the other lines of masks being required part way through the cruise.  

I'd book now. 

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I cruises in January on Allure and masking was an issue inside the ship and on St. Thomas as well as airports, airplanes, and taxis. Cruised again in April on Allure and never touch a mask all week, exactly as it should be unless one disires to wear one. There were also only about 4000 guests in the ship which was awesome. I suspect I'll never get to experience that again.

When I was on Navigator in September there was no mask wearing on board or on excursions.  Only time I put on a mask was in the embarkation hall. They said it was a county of LA rule.  I took it off as soon as I was walking up the gangway. Only had the mask on for 15 minutes.  On debarkation I grabbed one of the masks they were offering as you got to the bottom of the gangway but upon entering the debarkation hall saw that not a single CBP agent had one on.  I took mine off and no one said a thing to me. I suspect that any other port would be different than LA.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Every week or so we stumble across a little something of his, an old toy or leftover bag of litter, that needs to be disposed of. My wife has talked about replacing him but I want to wait until we don't travel for work so much.

You don't replace them because you can't. You can only adopt a new fur kid into the family.

• Like 13

Just saw a very interesting movie on Netflix, Blonde about Marilyn Monroe very long intense adult movie , I would be surprised if she doesn’t get nominated for a Oscar for this .

as for masks my July 2021 edge didn’t require them , November allure did , February summit didn’t, most likely we will bet our third booster before next months Beyond cruise.

Edited by George C
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

How are things here? Crappy...just got home today from the 9-day on the Adventure out of Bayonne. Both my wife and I have covid. Total bummer of an ending to an otherwise pretty nice trip. We both know now, however, that a ship of that size is bigger than we like. Just feels too crowded at times. So many people...not enough masking. 

I hope you feel better soon.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

Book now before prices go any higher.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

most likely we will bet our third booster before next months Beyond cruise.

Our next cruise is Dec 4th.  I plan on getting my 2nd booster this month, probably next weekend.   Then get my flu shot early November.   

Eric got a booster in August before our August 28th sailing .  I have to check his card as I cannot recall if that was his 2nd or 3rd booster.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Our grandson proudly displays his b'day cake 💙

image.thumb.jpeg.754845e8eedeec42487b3da4ef6e7dfd.jpeg

Yom Huledet Sameach to your grandson.  What a sweet and proud smile!

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Luckynanaare you back from your Adventure sailing?   I hope you had a wonderful cruise and both feel OK?

I was just about to post that but saw you beat me to it.  Hope @LuckynanaMaryann will post soon and let us know what a good time they had.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Book now before prices go any higher.   

I think I will wait to see if the "winter surge" changes protocols.  Like I said it would completely ruin a cruise for us having to wear a mask at any point.  Plus, the next cruise we want to take is a Panama Canal and I think they still have testing or vaccination requirements along with some ports require masks.  Until then I will enjoy hearing about everyone else's cruises and enjoy our land trips.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

I would like to cruise but don't want to have to wear a mask at any point in the trip

I don't think anyone would indicate you 'have to' wear one - at least not on RCL. Anyone's guess how the regulations could change going forward. Hopefully we're starting to move away from all this. It has gotten old. 

• Like 1

Just now, OnTheJourney said:

Curious as to why? Given a choice between masking and not cruising at all, I'm fine with the mask. The crew is masked at all times. 

Wearing a mask ruins any activity for me.  All I can think about is when I can take it off.  I absolutely hate having my nose covered by anything.  I wore one when required back in 2020 but have not had to in almost 2 years now.  I am not willing to pay to be tortured by being on a ship and unable to leave when suddenly having them be required.  I am very happy to be retired and not have had to work during this time.  

• Like 7

At least the weather was a little better for granddaughter’s cheering at the football game.  Another win for them, 32-12.  Grandson’s team, and the team she cheers for remain undefeated.

As for masks, I have a new package of KN95s being delivered tomorrow.  I need those for my trips to the hospital with my daughter.  At least they are less expensive, and easier to find now.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

How are things here? Crappy...just got home today from the 9-day on the Adventure out of Bayonne. Both my wife and I have covid. Total bummer of an ending to an otherwise pretty nice trip. We both know now, however, that a ship of that size is bigger than we like. Just feels too crowded at times. So many people...not enough masking. 

Hopefully you will both feel better very soon.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

Just saw a very interesting movie on Netflix, Blonde about Marilyn Monroe very long intense adult movie , I would be surprised if she doesn’t get nominated for a Oscar for this .

as for masks my July 2021 edge didn’t require them , November allure did , February summit didn’t, most likely we will bet our third booster before next months Beyond cruise.

I saw Blonde.In my opinion the movie was awful but the acting of the actress who portrayed Marilyn Monroe was excellent.I predict that she will win the Golden Globe for Best Actress and possibly the Oscar as well.Considering that she is not an American actress is the primary reason her acting was so remarkable.

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

What was your favorite beach?

That would be a hard one... all three are SO different from each other, and what is important to some people might not be to others.

I guess if I had to rank them, it would be:

1. Klein Bonaire
2. Mambo Beach
3. Eagle Beach

My adoration of snorkeling is driving the ranking, though.  

Klein Bonaire has NO facilities at all -- it's just an uninhabited island... but the water and sand are beautiful, it's not crowded, and the snorkeling is amazing. You just feel like you're one with nature -- sand, sea, snorkeling, and sun.  If you want toilets, shops, and restaurants, you'd hate it.

Mambo Beach has decent snorkeling, but it's the exact opposite of sparse Klein Bonaire -- you can barely see sand because there are so many loungers, umbrellas, and palapas everywhere.  If you want toilets, shops, and restaurants, you'd love it.

Eagle Beach has no snorkeling at all, but even on a busy day it's so huge that it's not crowded.  Umbrellas and loungers are a ripoff here, IMO ($30-$40 for umbrella and two loungers).  There is a restaurant/bar on premises, with toilets.  I've never gotten food/drink there, though, so I can't comment on quality or pricing.

Not sure if that answers your question, but that's my take on it.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Wearing a mask ruins any activity for me.  All I can think about is when I can take it off.  I absolutely hate having my nose covered by anything.  I wore one when required back in 2020 but have not had to in almost 2 years now.  I am not willing to pay to be tortured by being on a ship and unable to leave when suddenly having them be required.  I am very happy to be retired and not have had to work during this time.  

That’s why we chose celebrity for our first cruise back from Covid - edge 9/2021.  It felt terrific to vacation as we did before Covid.  We have cruised twice since then on rccl and no masks were necessary either.  We wouldn’t cruise if masks were required. 

Edited by maggieq
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just wondering if you require a mask to be worn by your patients in your office.