Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I prefer to drive, but so does Dick 

He will let me drive only if we’re going downtown. 
I can’t nap when he drives because I don’t dare take my eyes off the road. 

We both don’t like driving, we also don’t like how each other drives , me to fast , her to slow , so we never drive more than a couple of hours , we are the only people we know who flies from Dallas to Houston to cruise from Galveston (about a five hour drive)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@ReneeFLL You asked about P-platers.  After  learner drivers have logged 120 hours of supervised driving (including 20hrs of night driving) and been driving for at least 10months, they do their driving test in their car and if they pass, they are then P-Plate drivers (Provisional drivers).  They can drive unsupervised but max speed is 100km/hr (even on freeway) and they cannot have more than 1 passenger in the car (except immediate family) between 11pm and 4am and there is a zero alcohol limit.  Initially they have white & green p-plates they must display on front and back of car when driving then they progress to red P plates (white square with red P).  It’s usually the red & white p-plates drivers that are reckless and known for speeding.

Thanks for the explanation. Our driving lessons aren't nearly as strict, but they probably should include more training.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

DH is experimenting.... made gnocchi from purple sweet potatoes. Very tasty, though some improvement is needed on their appearances 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.8a5c6652320ca10500ce7c6d7f43d7ff.jpeg

These look yummy.    Purple is my favorite color💜

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love Wegmans.  Wish we had one near us.  The section with the Bills gear would be a bonus.  Bills country even extended to Cleveland for a couple of years after the original Browns moved to Baltimore.  The Bills marketed "dog pound" end zone tickets in Cleveland and would get quite a few Browns fans to make the drive through Erie to Orchard Park.  That of course ended when the Browns team was reactivated in Cleveland.

I also love Wegmans.  We have none in RI but there’s one just outside Boston, about an hour’s drive (yes, I love it so much I sometimes go up there).  There are many around my oldest DD in PA so I always make a visit when we’re there. 

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I used to do all of the driving, no matter how long the trip.  It's not that I don't trust Micheline's driving, it just somehow seemed like my job.  A few years ago, she drove for a couple of hours partway through a long trip.  It felt SOOOO much better being able to relax for a bit.  I wasn't nearly as tired or stressed at the end of the trip.  I'll still do most of the driving but she will usually take the wheel for a bit to give me a break.

Same for us on long drives. Andy does the majority and I drive just to give him a rest.  

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I prefer to drive, but so does Dick 

He will let me drive only if we’re going downtown. 
I can’t nap when he drives because I don’t dare take my eyes off the road. 

Funny, when I drive Andy can go right to sleep. I’m wide awake when he drives- hard to sleep with one eye on the road 🤣!

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

As you all know today was my first day back to work since Thursday.    Overall, it went well.    I was very busy all day.   I found it very difficult to wear a mask while congested so I stayed in my office most of the day with no mask on.    I only put it on when I left my office to go to shared areas or the bathroom.     I hope to be caught up on my work by end of tomorrow.   If everyone leaves me alone like they did today.     No nap was needed but I will definitely go to bed early  tonight.

Sounds like your 1st day back went well.  I bet you’re looking forward to the weekend!

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

My next tweak to the recipe will be a change in the dark rum.  I'm not really using a true dark rum.  I'm using Appleton Estate aged Jamaican rum.  A true dark rum usually has molasses or caramel and a different flavor profile.  Off to the liquor store in the next couple of days to see what's available.  I've been told not to use a spiced rum like Kraken since its taste is too strong, but I think I'll try it...in the name of science of course.  If that still isn't perfect, I might tweak the ratio of pineapple juice (more), orange juice (less), and guava juice (slightly less).  If I can find it, I'll also try some passion fruit juice.  Of course, I'll share my results here.

Oh the sacrifices you make for us Bob 😉!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Dinner tonight.

IMG_20221019_185413.jpg

Are you on another cruise, Graham?  It looks like the windows behind you could be on a ship?  Food looks wonderful!

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

As you all know today was my first day back to work since Thursday.    Overall, it went well.    I was very busy all day.   I found it very difficult to wear a mask while congested so I stayed in my office most of the day with no mask on.    I only put it on when I left my office to go to shared areas or the bathroom.     I hope to be caught up on my work by end of tomorrow.   If everyone leaves me alone like they did today.     No nap was needed but I will definitely go to bed early  tonight.

Hopefully you'll get caught up tomorrow, Debbie, but try not to overdo it!!

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

DH is experimenting.... made gnocchi from purple sweet potatoes. Very tasty, though some improvement is needed on their appearances 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.8a5c6652320ca10500ce7c6d7f43d7ff.jpeg

That sounds interesting, as well as delicious!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Here now…

Pool closing is tomorrow.

IMG_1763.MOV 21.16 MB · 4 downloads

We had our pool closed before we left for our cruise and put all of the outdoor furniture away, just in case a hurricane visited while we were away.  Thank goodness we did, since Jim has to watch what he lifts for a while since his surgery.😉

• Like 4

I am not a big fan of long driving trips but always split such trips with my husband. I have no fear of city driving having driven in and around NYC my whole driving life. On a longer trip we will typically take approximately 2 hour turns. It just seems safer.  We also don't drive more than about 8 hours / day. Too many stories of people falling asleep driving.  We find it more enjoyable to break it up and go out for a nice dinner. 😉

• Like 7

I wanted to thank @brilloheadfor the advice about looking after a tonsillectomy patient. The surgery was last Tuesday, and it’s been, well, horrible. Thankfully, she’s getting better now. 

I’ve just been scanning the posts this week, but I wanted to say I like snow. At least until March; then it gets a bit much.

I feel I can release this photo of my grandson. It’s his first selfie! He’ll probably get more proficient later. My daughter doesn’t want any identifiable photos online, but you can’t tell much.

B4F8B211-53FC-4898-9296-C04F8E1F5594.jpeg

• Like 16

20 minutes ago, mets07 said:

I am not a big fan of long driving trips but always split such trips with my husband. I have no fear of city driving having driven in and around NYC my whole driving life. On a longer trip we will typically take approximately 2 hour turns. It just seems safer.  We also don't drive more than about 8 hours / day. Too many stories of people falling asleep driving.  We find it more enjoyable to break it up and go out for a nice dinner. 😉

I have lived in NY all my life and have only driven in Brooklyn and Long Island.My parents never drove.I did not dive until I was 28 .

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

I wanted to thank @brilloheadfor the advice about looking after a tonsillectomy patient. The surgery was last Tuesday, and it’s been, well, horrible. Thankfully, she’s getting better now. 

I’ve just been scanning the posts this week, but I wanted to say I like snow. At least until March; then it gets a bit much.

I feel I can release this photo of my grandson. It’s his first selfie! He’ll probably get more proficient later. My daughter doesn’t want any identifiable photos online, but you can’t tell much.

B4F8B211-53FC-4898-9296-C04F8E1F5594.jpeg

He looks adorable.  He's much better at taking a selfish than I am😃

I hope she feels better soon.💐

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mets07 said:

On the subject of mai tai's, I thought some of you would enjoy these recipes from Royal Caribbean. This is a page of one of the old hardcopy drink menus from quite a few years ago......

20221019_200907.thumb.jpg.4e5067356d7eea21adcc2b51ded8420e.jpg

I have some of those glasses.    Look at those prices, any idea what year this is from?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have some of those glasses.    Look at those prices, any idea what year this is from?

We have one glass of that type as well. There is no year on the drink booklet. We started sailing RC in 2004 so I am guessing from somewhere between then and 2010 but really don't know. There is reference to a 15% gratuity being added so perhaps that is a clue. Ha. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, mets07 said:

On the subject of mai tai's, I thought some of you would enjoy these recipes from Royal Caribbean. This is a page of one of the old hardcopy drink menus from quite a few years ago......

20221019_200907.thumb.jpg.4e5067356d7eea21adcc2b51ded8420e.jpg

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was just going to say Look at those prices.  We had some of those glasses, but someone got rid of them.  I found out after the fact.   

Had hurricane glasses from NCL, Carnival, Royal, and from where I had the best Cat 5 ever, Pat O’Brien’s.  

• Like 4