Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Our temperature this morning 

4D63CD4F-F766-474B-9AE0-C827EC57B56A.thumb.jpeg.c6888a83af52152d54039f4f0d8f468e.jpeg

and they are right about the dense fog.  Can barely see to the road. This looked a little eerie this morning. 

E0A95144-BDC8-42A6-95D4-168F938DF56B.thumb.jpeg.7173a12b69763bd6a2a4f2bb96a25724.jpeg

Today is the first day, in a long time, that I don’t have anything planned.  Well, except for a meeting tonight of a local government board that I serve on.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

My eldest grandchild who was born with bilateral club feet has reached a milestone of walking unaided at almost 18 months. He's doing so well and had brilliant treatment at St George's in London. 

He will still wear boots and braces at night for 12 hours until he's 5 years, but so happy with his progress 

Fabulous news🥰

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Houston we have a Problem !!   Welcome to Philly, Meet the South Philly Bombers !!🤣

Did you see the story that Angelo's pizza in South Philly denied an order from the Astros.

I probably would have made them the best possible pizzas and 'maybe" mix up their toppings😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The after show last night with all the captains was a huge disappointment as far as I'm concerned. All Andy did was ask a bunch of nonsense questions when the time could have been used to delve into the responsibilities of their jobs or something of substance. They could have even talked about their thoughts on Beyond. Then they bring in Cat Lady Captain Kate and she asks more stupid questions.

And what was the big deal about this taking place on Beyond? We got to see nothing of the ship. They never even talked about the ship. That entire worthless show could have been filmed in any studio. Sorry I stayed up for it.

• Like 7

Going back to a few posts that I may have missed the last couple of days. 

@ReneeFLL  I really like Mike’s formal outfit. 

@DaniDanielle Love your granddaughter’s Halloween costume

@BonTexasNY Sorry to hear you will be back in the boot.  Hope things get better for you. 

@George C   Sorry to hear your niece needs an operation.  Hope all goes well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I seem to have more time to read now.  It slowed down considerably when our grandson was with us 24/7 this summer.

I just finished one of the new James Patterson books 22 Seconds, and I am currently about half through the old Brad Thor novel, Use of Force.

Waiting in the wings is the new Lee Child Book, No Plan B, that Susan is currently reading.  Also waiting in the wings is the new CJ Box book, Treasure State.

I am also on the library wait list for new books by Nelson DeMille and Michael Connelly.  Just hope I am done with these by the time those are ready for me.

Love all these authors.  Replace Brad Thor with Harlan Coben, and you’d have my list😹.  I’ll have to look into him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Love all these authors.  Replace Brad Thor with Harlan Coben, and you’d have my list😹.  I’ll have to look into him.

I have read a couple of Thor’s books, and like them.  I have read all of Harlan Coben’s books.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Bit of excitement at Taronga Zoo in Sydney this morning, five adult lions got out of their enclosure.  Zoo and surrounding suburb went into lockdown.  Thankfully lions were found within the zoo and returned safely to their enclosure with no injuries to them or any humans.

Thank you for the update.  I heard earlier that they had escaped, but had not heard they had been safely found.  Whew.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Thank you for the update.  I heard earlier that they had escaped, but had not heard they had been safely found.  Whew.

At least they didn't end up dead like what happens to so many animals that don't behave the way humans want them to.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did you see the story that Angelo's pizza in South Philly denied an order from the Astros.

I probably would have made them the best possible pizzas and 'maybe" mix up their toppings😇

Yes, I heard that. Could have sprinkled the pizza with a laxative topping. 😁🤣

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Saw my Podiatrist today.  I now have to revert back to wearing the dreaded 'boot" every time I walk.  My ankle healed beautifully but the rest of my foot is finding difficulty becoming pain free because it's been non weight baring for 7 weeks.  Apparently, I'm not walking as I should, my gait is off which is causing pain.

I'm so sorry you are still hurting. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Still can't get logged on using my iPhone. Stalls mid way. Tried turning off and on, tried clearing history. Nothing works. I think the only reason I can post on here via my laptop is that I have kept the tabs open all night long.

Here is some good ones.

E.H. Taylor Jr. Small Batch (If you can find it)

Old Forester 1920 Prohibition Style

Henry McKenna Single Barrel 10 Year Bottled-in-Bond

Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve

Elijah Craig Small Batch

Wild Turkey Rare Breed Bourbon (highly recommend this)

Weller Special Reserve (if you can find it, this is fantastic)

Wild Turkey was always my favorite partially because of Jerry Jeff Walker song Up against the wall redneck mother, I have a bottle of rare breed at home , need to limit how many I have due to the 116.8 proof. Thanks for the list will go shopping soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The after show last night with all the captains was a huge disappointment as far as I'm concerned. All Andy did was ask a bunch of nonsense questions when the time could have been used to delve into the responsibilities of their jobs or something of substance. They could have even talked about their thoughts on Beyond. Then they bring in Cat Lady Captain Kate and she asks more stupid questions.

And what was the big deal about this taking place on Beyond? We got to see nothing of the ship. They never even talked about the ship. That entire worthless show could have been filmed in any studio. Sorry I stayed up for it.

100% agree, only I didn't really stay up any later than normal 🤣

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, George C said:

Wild Turkey was always my favorite partially because of Jerry Jeff Walker song Up against the wall redneck mother, I have a bottle of rare breed at home , need to limit how many I have due to the 116.8 proof. Thanks for the list will go shopping soon.

Yes that high proof can bite you if not careful. But it is so good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Cruise Critic is really hacking me off. Still can't log in via my phone. I changed my password. It works on my laptop but not my phone. Anyone else having problems still?????

All good here with laptop, desktop and Android Samsung Galaxy Phone.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I agree, I figured it would be more like a Captain's Corner with the five Below Deck Captains and Captain Kate.  Definitely a wasted opportunity.

The Below Deck Adventure episode they aired was the one that was on last week too.  I don't see all the crew making it the whole season.  My guess would be each department loses at least one person.  Oriana, Kyle and Jessica would be my guesses at this point.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Do you have your septic in the front yard? I'm thinking I see a mound in the front yard in less that is just shadows?

Yes, it used to be in the side yard, but when we but on the addition we had to update the entire system. It is now a tertiary system.  We did this so it did not have to go into the farm field. You can’t drive a large tractors over a system in concern of crushing the septic lines.

A little info below. Our septic bed was reduced to under half the size by going this way. 

Tertiary Septic Systems

What is a Tertiary Septic System?  It is a Septic System that complies with the Effluent Quality Criteria as regulated by the Ontario Building Code (OBC) table 8.6.2.2.A  This waste has been dramatically reduced in strength from a normal residential strength waste count of 120-150mg/l BOD5 to a mere 15 mg/l.

Waste exiting a Tertiary System is reduced to about 1/10 the strength of what regular residential strength waste is! Because of this, Leaching Bed sizing is reduced to ½ of what a conventional system would require, and in some instances it is ¼ the size of a conventional bed!

This is excellent news for those who are short on room or truly care about their waste water polluting the groundwater and wells of themselves and their neighbours.  The Ecoflo and FAST reduce the introduction of nitrates into the groundwater and surrounding lake by 1/3 automatically and the BIONEST reduces the nitrates by 2/3 .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

What a game.  No roof open last night. 😉

My morning show on ESPN says the Phillies often knew what type of pitch the Houston guy was throwing.  His arm motion and the way he angled the glove were "tells."  

I think they said the Houston pitcher gave up 5 homers last night, they said he had no home runs in his last 500 pitches.

1 minute ago, Paul from Maryland said:

My morning show on ESPN says the Phillies often knew what type of pitch the Houston guy was throwing.  His arm motion and the way he angled the glove were "tells."  

I think they said the Houston pitcher gave up 5 homers last night, they said he had no home runs in his last 500 pitches.

At Least there weren't cheating with Trash Can Lids and players wired up like some team did.

All legal for what you mentioned above.

28 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Cruise Critic is really hacking me off. Still can't log in via my phone. I changed my password. It works on my laptop but not my phone. Anyone else having problems still?????

Just a hunch...delete the Safari cache on your iPhone.  Settings, Safari, Advanced, Website Data.  Swipe left to delete the data for Cruise Critic.  If the password is hard to type...be careful to not make a typo mistake.  

After deleting the cache I'd take Safari out of memory and re-launch it.  Probably not necessary but won't hurt.