Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have lived in Arkansas for over 40 years.   This is the earliest I remember seeing snow here. Not a bunch but still snow.

20221112_083250.jpg

I remember when it snowed in NY where I lived in April, once on Easter Sunday.

Mother nature is very unpredictable.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

From the time of their engagement Christmas 2019.  They have been saying they wanted a small wedding.   When covid hit they started thinking about doing something outdoors at a park or on the beach in LBI.  

Then in 2021 they started looking at buying a house.  They made offers on a couple homes in 2021 and 2022 but were always outbid.   We had offered to gift them money to help with downpayment and closing costs so they would have a more attractive offer to a seller.  They gave up for now with mortgages rates in the 7s and very few homes for sale.

Donna is from a family that has struggled to keep their head above the water since she was little girl so she is very understanding of money and just didn't see the need to "waste" money on a couple hours for a wedding.   She now has a great job and is a great saver.   

We are looking at as if they are eloping.   

We treated for their cruise last March, their first one.  On that cruise I had suggested maybe get married on a cruise or on a island.   They liked that idea but Donna didn't think her family would be able to attend. 

We are treating as a wedding gift the cruise next March.   They are both really excited!!

Yes, it's a shame we won't be there to see their nuptials but we are okay with that and will enjoy a nice dinner with immediate family on Thursday.

Little confused here, So Donna's parents will  be at the wedding but you won't? If Donna's Parents won't be at the wedding anyway..........then I see no reason to not have a little wedding on one of the islands on your March Cruise....... So Donna's parents won't be at that wedding either? but a Win, Win for you because you will be on the cruise with them. 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Sunny & 64 in my little nook of New York. Very breezy though.

Temps plunging below freezing by tomorrow night.

Your NY temps are higher than mine in Dallas.  42 here with a high of 51, low 30s at night.  Bright sunshine and lovely to be outside with a very light jacket.  42 here seems warmer than I remember 42 in NY where I lived.  Maybe the position of the sun?

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I remember when it snowed in NY where I lived in April, once on Easter Sunday.

Mother nature is very unpredictable.  

I remember. Indoor Easter egg hunts that year

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Your NY temps are higher than mine in Dallas.  42 here with a high of 51, low 30s at night.  Bright sunshine and lovely to be outside with a very light jacket.  42 here seems warmer than I remember 42 in NY where I lived.  Maybe the position of the sun?

Could be the position of the sun. Or no humidity or ocean breezes?

When my step-daughter was living in Houston where it seems to be perpetually humid, she would say a Houston 40 feels like a New York 20. 😃

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I remember. Indoor Easter egg hunts that year

Could be the position of the sun. Or no humidity or ocean breezes?

When my step-daughter was living in Houston where it seems to be perpetually humid, she would say a Houston 40 feels like a New York 20. 😃

I remember freezing during a met game on Easter Sunday in mid 60’s

• Like 2

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

For those needing a Lucy fix here you are. 

DB9BF327-DE82-47A9-BF3C-2EE884A315D6.thumb.jpeg.75830ed7eb27a522d10413b46bcae9c3.jpeg

And some video. Volume up for the purrs. 

I love that cat. I laughed at her love bite she gave you.

26 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Congratulations Debbie.

we are in AC to celebrate Charlie’s birthday.  Dinner at Gordon Ramsay’s Steakhouse.  Her friends are treating him, I guess me too.

Happy Birthday to Charlie. What a nice and gracious gift dinner at Gordon Ramsay's.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/7/2022 at 4:43 PM, grapau27 said:

Thank you all for your good wishes.

Arthritis in my hips is moderate/severe.

Joint stiffness and little flexibility is the main issue.

Doctor not keen on giving hip steroid injections.

I’m way behind and trying to catch up, but want to say having a knee replacement and a hip replacement are totally different. (Except for the Hibiclens

prep.)

I had PT after both…hip was so less painful than the knee that I honestly don’t remember any pain. 
The knee would get inflamed or just overworked and be painful for at least six months , the only reminder of my hip surgery was the scar. 
By a year out, the knee felt like I was born with it, the hip felt that way by a month out. 
A bad hip can cause debilitating falls. 
In my case, it wasn’t falls, it was pain that decided me. 
So, Graham, if orthopedist recommends a replacement, I’d think seriously about doing it.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Congratulations Debbie.

we are in AC to celebrate Charlie’s birthday.  Dinner at Gordon Ramsay’s Steakhouse.  Her friends are treating him, I guess me too.

How far in advance do you have to get a reservation at Gordon Ramsay's to get a table. Every time we have been to AC and try to get in a place like that there, they seemed to be booked up the day of?

15 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I’m way behind and trying to catch up, but want to say having a knee replacement and a hip replacement are totally different. (Except for the Hibiclens

prep.)

I had PT after both…hip was so less painful than the knee that I honestly don’t remember any pain. 
The knee would get inflamed or just overworked and be painful for at least six months , the only reminder of my hip surgery was the scar. 
By a year out, the knee felt like I was born with it, the hip felt that way by a month out. 
A bad hip can cause debilitating falls. 
In my case, it wasn’t falls, it was pain that decided me. 
So, Graham, if orthopedist recommends a replacement, I’d think seriously about doing it.  

Thank you for your advice.

Graham.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Little confused here, So Donna's parents will  be at the wedding but you won't? If Donna's Parents won't be at the wedding anyway..........then I see no reason to not have a little wedding on one of the islands on your March Cruise....... So Donna's parents won't be at that wedding either? but a Win, Win for you because you will be on the cruise with them. 🙂

Donna's parents will not be at the wedding on Tuesday.   Her Father lives out of the Country.  It will be just the 2 of them in front of JOP and whatever witness they have at the courthouse who will record their nuptials.   Not sure if they have to pay that person but Eric suggested to Chris he tip them.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Congratulations Debbie.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLIE 🥰   maybe some success on a slot machine will happen for his special day.   Dinner should be amazing. ENJOY💕

• Like 1

"Inventory" ....

@jagsfan Mimi, glad to see you posting. Missed you 😘

@h20skibum Mark, positive thoughts your way 🌹

@LucasLikesToCruise  warmest regards 🌼

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

@DaniDanielle Marietta, Happy Birthday to Charlie. Wishing you a wonderful celebration 😘💐

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We won't be there.  😥They are doing their own thing with Justice of Peace at a courthouse in Philadelphia.   They decided it would be tough to have a bunch of family due to way the JOP handles things.   

Also, Chris didn't want Donna to be upset since her parents are divorced and her Father lives out of country and her Mother out of state.

I was told they have someone at the courthouse that can take a video as a keepsake.    A bunch of us will go out to dinner Thursday night then they will go out to dinner with friends Friday night.

Their choice, their special day so I'm just going with the flow and respecting their wishes to not have anything big for them.

We are all looking forward to cruising together again next March.🥰

As you said, it is their Day.  Sometimes, there's just too much drama at some affairs.  One of our daughters got married at the JOP for her 2nd Marriage, and this marriage is a solid one!!!

This just reminded me of my dear friend's Wedding in Delaware over 40 years ago.  I was her Maid of Honor, and we were stuck in so much beach traffic, that I hopped into the back seat of our car and got changed into my outfit...we had to meet them at the JOP and got there just in time!

Congratulations to Chris and Donna!!!!💕💕

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen’s football season finished with a loss last week, so their season is over. Hockey is well into full swing. Three games this week, with three wins. Last night he had three assists and a goal.  They are currently second in their division.

School marks have been rolling in and midterm marks are due this week. Those have been solid, with marks between 78-95. 

Great job, Owen!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Well. This is now happening. 

83621AFE-5B3A-4A31-ACF8-9B600F9B06C9.thumb.jpeg.b4ad0f07513ea5bdf4fa65e47f491a76.jpeg

BCF22F1D-2CB1-4324-A7BD-57BF666D50BE.thumb.jpeg.6fc1436578ce33a4b0f5f84f9cf1fd7c.jpeg

Roxy and Astrid posing for pictures. 

Beautiful, but no thank you very much!!!!

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Congratulations Debbie.

Happy Birthday Charlie!  Win big at AC.

When my daughter worked for Fox news years ago, she got her picture taken with Ramsay.  She said he is a really nice person!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are looking at as if they are eloping.   

We treated for their cruise last March, their first one.  On that cruise I had suggested maybe get married on a cruise or on a island.   They liked that idea but Donna didn't think her family would be able to attend. 

We are treating as a wedding gift the cruise next March.   They are both really excited!!

Yes, it's a shame we won't be there to see their nuptials but we are okay with that and will enjoy a nice dinner with immediate family on Thursday.

You are going to make an awesome Mother-in-Law, Debbie!  Some people wouldn't be as understanding as you are.

Congratulations to you and Eric for gaining a new daughter on Tuesday!!💕

Congratulations to Chris and Donna💕

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Donna's parents will not be at the wedding on Tuesday.   Her Father lives out of the Country.  It will be just the 2 of them in front of JOP and whatever witness they have at the courthouse who will record their nuptials.   Not sure if they have to pay that person but Eric suggested to Chris he tip them.

Congratulations to you and Eric,Debbie

• Thanks 1

Sneak Preview of one of the Cabinets that will be installed starting this Monday.

This Cabinet design was helped by @dani negreanu and her husband (Thanks). The top opening is for the Microwave/2ndOven Combo, the middle Opening below is for a drawer and the opening below you can barely see that is for the Air Duct return. 🙂

Also this picture should give you an better idea of the color of the cabinets  that we will have against the walls, the island will be a different color.

image.thumb.jpeg.357def2cefc02ecf716c6e6d94e9b769.jpeg

• Like 17