Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

It is interesting to know that you have used Us and Canadian TAs.

Thank you, Rachel, for the well wishes.

Regarding US/Canada based TAs -- not only me, but also my cousin, who lives in Germany, has used them without any problems.

She has checked their consumer protection laws, and decided that the risk of Celebrity/RC going belly up is minimal now, and the advantages of booking oversea are big.

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

We have booked a couple of cruises with a large online US travel agent. Not sure why they can book but others can't. We've never tried to hide that we're not in the USA. 

A couple of disadvantages is there is not the same consumer protection and your final payment will depend on currency fluctuations 

It all "goes down" to "risk management".

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

I know you wanted direct flights but does Emirates still fly from TLV to MIA via DXB ? 

You had me checking this option, since Emirates is an excellent company. It seems that their biggest asset is the flight to the Far East (Japan, HK, Thailand), with Miami being on the "other side".

The "quickest" I found is almost 23 hours....

image.thumb.jpeg.ec37deb271f48642b8d0944038021e47.jpeg

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Or BA via LHR, maybe build in a stopover in London.

I'm "all in" for a stopover in London, but not in the winter...😉

• Like 4

On 3/20/2023 at 4:15 PM, dani negreanu said:

So, instead of .... [like my very first postroaming the streets and souks of Marrakech, I'm unpacking our luggage....

Dani, I am still about 7 pages behind and catching up, but wanted to jump in here when I read this. I am so very sorry to hear of your husband’s illness, and hope that by now it is a distant memory.  I will keep reading, knowing there will be an update, but wanted to express my concern for his health as well as my sorrow for your cancelled trip.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Spllit the difference  - deck 8??

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Welcome to Deck 8.  😆 

Deck 10 is a bit of a compromise...she usually prefers even higher for pool deck access.  

I'm just soft.  Or a sucker for a blonde.  Or both.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Deck 10 is a bit of a compromise...she usually prefers even higher for pool deck access.  

Smart man.  Although a smarter man, wouldn’t give her choices. 😉

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

We are the opposite, did deck 9 for Bella which I liked, DH prefers higher up close to the solarium.  I am more of the cruiser so he gets his way on cabin location when we can.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Schooners and Playmakers are a short walk  if you get an aft cabin near elevators.

Yeah location on 6 looked too good to pass up.  That close to Schooner could be dangerous!  we are used to mostly voyager class JS/GS which had usually been deck 9/10 for us.  OVB on Wonder opened up a whole new world of decisions!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I have tried booking with a US TA I liked the prices being offered and (at the time that price drops were honored).  To get price drops meant you could book when you like and just keep an eye on the booking.  

Anyway it didn’t work.  Using a VPN might get you in contact with a TA but once they knew where we live we could not proceed with the booking.  I wondered if it would actually be fraud to make a booking this way.  

There are different advantages for UK (which includes us) travellers.  I don’t think there is an advantage booking in Spain either.  

I think the difference is whether you're trying to book online, or if you're working one-on-one with an actual TA (as in a person, not a website). 

I use a TA that a lot of folks here use, and I just email him with the cruises I am interested in, he replies about 5-10 minutes later with the pricing/categories he has available, and I email back with my decision.  No VPN needed.

• Like 5

On 3/21/2023 at 11:16 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

I understand how long flights are not easy, when I flew to Cambodia it was very long.  Our next cruise from Hawaii is not as long but long to us.  We decided we will first fly to LAX, spend the night and then fly to Hawaii the next day.  If you fly half way to a nice stop, spend a couple days then fly the rest it would maybe lighten the jetlag.   

The thing is if you booked with a refundable deposit it would reserve a spot for you now and if closer it looks like things won't work you can easily cancel and be out nothing.

As for cost, if you can enjoy an OVB or less you can book an OVB for about $2,600 us right now.  That's total cost, not each.  THE TA saved us about $1,000 compared to booking through RC.  And it's a refundable deposit.   So you can reserve a room now and decide later.  We were able to book OVBs on our favorite deck 8!  Not sure it will work out but there is always hope!

We are also on deck 8. 
Block party on 8!!!!!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Back from Bella cruise last night after driving 2 1/2 days from Miami.  As others have said, it was a marvelous, wonderful cruise, one of our best if only for the special people we finally met face to face.

I hope we'll book Bella 2 soon, so that we can recreate the magic especially since so many 1st timers will be joining in on the shenanigans.

On a serious note @dani negreanu Dani I was so sad to read of your cancelled trip and your DH's pain.  A refuah shlema to him!  

@Momof3gurlz Deb I hope you had a wonderful birthday and that you're enjoying your post Bella cruise vacation.

I didn't have wi-fi on the cruise so it's good to be back to my online home again.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I guess I am misunderstanding your comment, or maybe you meant to quote someone else.  My post was

“Have a great cruise.  We like Summit. 

So sorry about that, and at this point, I have no idea what I was responding to!  Must have been that last Kraken colada I had, or maybe the chocolate martini. 🙀😹😁7D8FFF47-7E85-45B5-883F-FB357DB139EC.thumb.jpeg.c11c84c39f104db1d4cb3d8ef58dd2aa.jpegB8AB963A-3EDA-4799-B606-FB7FCA70801D.thumb.jpeg.eebbea15090ac97719d2bf11ad46a311.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Back from Bella cruise last night after driving 2 1/2 days from Miami.  As others have said, it was a marvelous, wonderful cruise, one of our best if only for the special people we finally met face to face.

I hope we'll book Bella 2 soon, so that we can recreate the magic especially since so many 1st timers will be joining in on the shenanigans.

On a serious note @dani negreanu Dani I was so sad to read of your cancelled trip and your DH's pain.  A refuah shlema to him!  

@Momof3gurlz Deb I hope you had a wonderful birthday and that you're enjoying your post Bella cruise vacation.

I didn't have wi-fi on the cruise so it's good to be back to my online home again.

Glad to hear you made it home safely, Bonnie.  The only wifi I had on the ship was my free 24 hour;  since we got home on Sunday, we've been without wifi until this afternoon, when Summit came and changed out our modem and tightened up some connections.  It's been so frustrating!; but, all is good now!

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

So sorry about that, and at this point, I have no idea what I was responding to!  Must have been that last Kraken colada I had, or maybe the chocolate martini. 🙀😹😁7D8FFF47-7E85-45B5-883F-FB357DB139EC.thumb.jpeg.c11c84c39f104db1d4cb3d8ef58dd2aa.jpegB8AB963A-3EDA-4799-B606-FB7FCA70801D.thumb.jpeg.eebbea15090ac97719d2bf11ad46a311.jpeg

I enjoyed my first ever chocolate martini during the comedian show, and chocolate martinis every evening afterwards in the Schooner Bar.  They sure are yummy!  (why did it take me so long to try one??)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I enjoyed my first ever chocolate martini during the comedian show, and chocolate martinis every evening afterwards in the Schooner Bar.  They sure are yummy!  (why did it take me so long to try one??)

They quickly became my favorite evening drink, too!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Joy, how is your knee?

My knee is much better, thanks.  I had to cancel my ortho appointment, though... both Andy and I brought home the souvenir nobody wants.... we have covid.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1