Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

33 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It looks like you were able to hold the phone quite still for the 8 seconds. The surrounding rocks look very sharp.

I used a phone tripod stand so the phone stayed perfectly still.  It comes with a little Bluetooth remote shutter so that you don't have to touch the shutter button on the phone, potentially shaking it a bit.  My next experiment with by taking some night shots with it so I can capture light trails. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you have a group suites can be moved into the group and they count towards the average fare for the TC credit and cabin count.  There is no premier liquor package.  They all include the same...drinks to $150 and you pay the difference for anything above that.  In reality there are very few drinks above that price.

OS do not get alcohol included...only star class which is Star loft suite and above.

Lots of TA's out there that will kick back all of the TC credit as well as a bunch of extras and do all the work for you.

I’m going to see if they will let me divide the TC among the group. I did that with Carnival a few times. 
I enjoy still working, when I want. I’ve been booking mostly Viking,  through my old agency. 
Back in the day, I managed a couple of branches and worked as an agent between the paperwork, because I enjoyed it. I’m a CTC and for cruises, an MCC. Being in the business was fun back then!

Thank you, Ken!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I’m going to see if they will let me divide the TC among the group. I did that with Carniva a few times. 
I enjoy still working, when I want. I’ve been booking mostly Viking,  through my old agency. 
Back in the day, I managed a couple of branches and worked as an agent, too, because I enjoyed it. I’m a CTC and for cruises, an MCC. Being in the business was fun back then!

Thank you, Ken!

Yes, you most certainly can divide the TC amongst the group if you are booking as an agent.  Not sure how the system works if you are calling groups as an individual and whether you get the same access to the discounted rates and all of the perks.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

22 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I used a phone tripod stand so the phone stayed perfectly still.  It comes with a little Bluetooth remote shutter so that you don't have to touch the shutter button on the phone, potentially shaking it a bit.  My next experiment with by taking some night shots with it so I can capture light trails. 

A little known trick for photos is to use voice control for the shutter.  Just turn on voice control in the accessibility tab. Then, when you are in the camera app, just say volume up, and it will activate the shutter.

I use this method when I have the phone set up on a tripod for a group shot.  Makes it easy to take several shots without using a delayed timer.

If you have an Apple Watch, it can also control the shutter. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Cool.  My Logitech KB (K850) has both Alt and Cmd on the same key.  I always assumed that key would work as the Cmd key if using the KB with a Mac.  If that doesn't work for your KB, you may also be able to set several keys to a keyboard shortcut, e.g., the F1 key can be the home button when using a browser.  I can also change the mouse wheel scroll direction on my Logitech mouse (M720) from standard to inverted, which I think would fix your problem.  If you don't already have it, install the Logitech Options app.

I found that the pc windows button at the bottom left works as the command key.  So if I hold the Windows button and hit c it will copy or v paste.  I saw a YouTube that shows that I can reassign keys but I went there and could not see it.   It was a short search.   There might be a different way with the latest operating system. 

Lisa and I watched BD yesterday and were confused by the 2 guests at the end that complained about their cabin to the Captain.  Then the other guests that added more tip to make up for them. The blood, was just another bizarre aspect of their stay.

Lisa commented, “how embarrassed they must feel to see this, when it is aired”.  For some reason I don’t think they will be, and those that know them will not be surprised. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

A little known trick for photos is to use voice control for the shutter.  Just turn on voice control in the accessibility tab. Then, when you are in the camera app, just say volume up, and it will activate the shutter.

I use this method when I have the phone set up on a tripod for a group shot.  Makes it easy to take several shots without using a delayed timer.

One other remote shutter trigger option...plug in old wired earbuds, the ones with a volume control in the wire that used to come free with the phone.  Press the volume + button.  I think this also works with Bluetooth Airpods pressing the play button.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I found that the pc windows button at the bottom left works as the command key.  So if I hold the Windows button and hit c it will copy or v paste.  I saw a YouTube that shows that I can reassign keys but I went there and could not see it.   It was a short search.   There might be a different way with the latest operating system. 

Does the control key also work as the command key?  Whenever I watch any photo editing Youtubers, they're always saying, "Control on Windows, Command on a Mac..." since their audience uses both platforms.  For Adobe products at least, the shortcuts are the same on both platforms, just using either command or control.  Don't know if that's true more generally.

41 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Samsung has voice control also. Just say "shoot" and the phone takes the picture.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We decided that today would be a good day to go to the Jacksonville Zoo.  Weather in the 70s with low humidity and middle of the week when kids are in school, right?  We pulled into the parking lot and saw about 30 yellow school buses.  I like kids...I used to be one.  But small packs of kids hyped up on Dipping Dots and excitedly running from exhibit to exhibit, often pushing you out of the way, gets a little irritating.  I can't wait until I have grandkids who will be absolutely perfect and never do anything wrong. 😜

The other reason for going was to try out the camera on my new phone.  I'm impressed.   I cropped in pretty tight on a couple of pictures, which are therefore slightly soft, but everything else looks great.

IMG_0441.thumb.jpg.20019ea07cab932c5f99c5c830b32516.jpg

IMG_0442.thumb.jpg.3e2c17eddb91b808edc69ec102c4b0f1.jpg

IMG_0445.thumb.JPG.cb922fbd7e7c98f5ee8250a56f575951.JPG

IMG_0452.thumb.JPG.4030cb7554814d5737c2a43f6fb77e4e.JPG

IMG_0455.thumb.JPG.c376edb5921503595fdb5f396d53f4ca.JPG

IMG_0459.thumb.JPG.90228d3960137c0c3d920e0717089ec3.JPG

IMG_0462.thumb.jpg.117e30239d1af02864684ff69c9ffb19.jpg

IMG_0464.thumb.JPG.cf85b9267e1f6af47475172caf2b6882.JPG

IMG_0465.thumb.JPG.a7c3b0ee6932f8ee5f34f5f139a5e893.JPG

IMG_0470.thumb.JPG.7cfad09e1f1d480b12b5a3bc18838d38.JPG

IMG_0467.thumb.JPG.bd0ac242ae547631e2b8dada28834448.JPG

I also tried an app called Slow Shutter which let's you take long exposure shots (longer than the couple of seconds that you get with the built in iPhone camera app).  I took this waterfall shot with an 8 second exposure.  I like the way it turned out.

IMG_0448.thumb.jpg.96ab0cd9bae5a8ebd1a9abb64abf20eb.jpg

Is it just me or are the colors more vibrant? 

Beautiful zoo, btw

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Does the control key also work as the command key?  Whenever I watch any photo editing Youtubers, they're always saying, "Control on Windows, Command on a Mac..." since their audience uses both platforms.  For Adobe products at least, the shortcuts are the same on both platforms, just using either command or control.  Don't know if that's true more generally.

I will check it out again later but I don't think it did.  I think I tried Control C and Control V with no luck.  I first thought those keys on the PC was not going to work at all.