Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, taznremmy said:

@Sea Dog  I have to ask.....what is Pot Still Rum?  Inquiring minds want to know. 😹

The pot still is the original still, a simple kettle that's easy to understand – boil some liquid in it, allow it to turn into vapour and collect some of it out of the top. A simple method of concentrating alcohol and the original method of rum production, brought over to the Caribbean by 'visiting' Europeans. The other type is a column still.

Pot stills look like kettles. The “pot” refers to the large, spherical main chamber, from which a swan neck and lyne arm protrude like a spout. The arm feeds into a coiled condenser, also known as the worm, and finally into a collection vessel.

Column stills are more industrial-looking than pots. They’re often much taller than pot stills and contain multiple chambers stacked on top of each other, sometimes reaching several stories high.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The pot still is the original still, a simple kettle that's easy to understand – boil some liquid in it, allow it to turn into vapour and collect some of it out of the top. A simple method of concentrating alcohol and the original method of rum production, brought over to the Caribbean by 'visiting' Europeans. The other type is a column still.

Pot stills look like kettles. The “pot” refers to the large, spherical main chamber, from which a swan neck and lyne arm protrude like a spout. The arm feeds into a coiled condenser, also known as the worm, and finally into a collection vessel.

Column stills are more industrial-looking than pots. They’re often much taller than pot stills and contain multiple chambers stacked on top of each other, sometimes reaching several stories high.

Thank you for the detailed explanation Greg.  Not the Pot I was thinking of....😹

All joking aside, how do you rate it compared to Kraken?  Or are they two entirely different types?

• Like 1

Just now, taznremmy said:

Thank you for the detailed explanation Greg.  Not the Pot I was thinking of....😹

All joking aside, how do you rate it compared to Kraken?  Or are they two entirely different types?

Two completely different types. I think Kraken is a column stilled rum. The main difference is taste. With Tiki cocktails they use a wide variety of rums each with their own unique flavor and taste.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

A short cruise is better than no cruise!

That is a very good point! In October I will just want to be laying out in the middle of the ocean.....on a cruise ship.  No real need to be concerned about the ports.  Doesn't have to be an Oasis class.  Just get out and relax!  

😊 Thanks

• Like 11

53 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

😆 when I saw your "pot to rum" response I thought of the wrong pot!  I thought, what did I miss.  😆 

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good morning from the South Pacific.

Yesterday, we cruised to one of my favourite islands in the South Pacific - Mystery Island.

(I got one of the first water shuttles/tenders so that’s why the island looks deserted)804F2F2A-6198-45F4-A136-AB2E3F275BD9.thumb.jpeg.8d39d138aa90b7af929799c4a9bf3971.jpeg

9F685965-1ACD-49A8-8E0B-AA50D1504D03.thumb.jpeg.31e905044d711829ae3942cfa80f5596.jpeg

27C913C2-0794-4BF7-9437-177CC4A58FF6.thumb.jpeg.d57509f9a414ea79293165b5239cd4fb.jpeg

3856405E-5C7E-4C27-8B18-2C02F16CB0C6.thumb.jpeg.c1b02558c15ac9ad650ea3c515a76705.jpeg

Beautiful day of snorkelling and swimming.  Sure beats working.

Lovely photos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Our granddaughter had her Pinning Ceremony for Nursing today.

Tomorrow is her Graduation Day.  Hopefully the weather will be sunny and warm for her big day.

Congratulations to your granddaughter Maryann.

• Thanks 1

Good afternoon.

It is sunny and 63°F here at the beach.

We had a lovely church service this morning.

Father David was back after his 3 week's pilgrimage to Rome sporting a beard.

I hope everyone is safe and well and I wish all my friends here a wonderful day.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

16 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Tomorrow is her Graduation Day.  Hopefully the weather will be sunny and warm for her big day.

Congratulations to Erin! Today certainly looks like a much better day for graduation than yesterday was.  
We went out to dinner with friends last night, down near the beaches (when we made these plans we didn’t count on monsoon type weather).  There were several large parties celebrating commencement weekend at URI, some of the new graduates still wearing their robes.  I felt bad they had such a terrible weather day for their big event.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Jimbo. Vincent's Diner is still a great place.   We all enjoyed our meal.   I had eggs Benedict with tomato and spinach instead of ham and it was delicious.   They have the best coffee too!!

Maybe when you stop in NJ to visit your Son before or after your cruise on Jewel you can enjoy a meal there😃

• Like 2

18 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good morning from the South Pacific.

Yesterday, we cruised to one of my favourite islands in the South Pacific - Mystery Island.

(I got one of the first water shuttles/tenders so that’s why the island looks deserted)804F2F2A-6198-45F4-A136-AB2E3F275BD9.thumb.jpeg.8d39d138aa90b7af929799c4a9bf3971.jpeg

9F685965-1ACD-49A8-8E0B-AA50D1504D03.thumb.jpeg.31e905044d711829ae3942cfa80f5596.jpeg

27C913C2-0794-4BF7-9437-177CC4A58FF6.thumb.jpeg.d57509f9a414ea79293165b5239cd4fb.jpeg

3856405E-5C7E-4C27-8B18-2C02F16CB0C6.thumb.jpeg.c1b02558c15ac9ad650ea3c515a76705.jpeg

Beautiful day of snorkelling and swimming.  Sure beats working.

Why is it Mystery Island? How far from Sydney is it, and is it inhabited?

The photos are beautiful. It looks like a marvelous place to just wander and ponder!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I wish her the best in her nursing career. It’s a hard job and I’m grateful to all who are willing to help us all by being  nurses. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Jimbo. Vincent's Diner is still a great place.   We all enjoyed our meal.   I had eggs Benedict with tomato and spinach instead of ham and it was delicious.   They have the best coffee too!!

Maybe when you stop in NJ to visit your Son before or after your cruise on Jewel you can enjoy a meal there😃

Where is Vincent’s Diner? We’ll be stopping somewhere in NJ on our way home from Maine. Dick would rather eat in a diner than just about any other restaurant. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Ok, I have been shaking my head after reading this story. 

IMG_7309.thumb.jpeg.3209d8ffa8bc4ff93d759dddeb8dcbc1.jpeg

I think this fits into a new level of crazy, in my book. 

I think flying to TS concerts not once, not twice, but three times is beyond crazy, but that doesn’t stop our DIL and her friends. 
My DS stopped after two. He was afraid he’d have to turn in his man card. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Whether you have the money or not, that’s just insane.  
We had the kids here for dinner Friday night. Jess & Ali were stalking last minute ticket prices that were dropping rapidly the closer it got to the concert start time.  From over $ 1,000 at around 6 pm, some were down to the $ 400 range by 8 pm.  They cooked up a plan to try again last night. Cristina was supposed to drive up today to be in RI for work meetings all week, but they convinced her to drive up yesterday instead to join their quest.  So the three of them headed to Gillette Stadium around 6:30 pm, hoping for the best.  They didn’t end up getting tickets because they had all agreed $500 was their max, each.  Tickets did drop some last night but adding in fees, etc brought the cost well over their budgets. But they had parked and walked, so they got as close as possible and ended up at Patriot Place (shopping & dining venue attached to the stadium) where they heard the whole concert, even if they couldn’t see her.  Looks like a lot of folks did the same.  The girls spent their money on t-shirts and sweatshirts instead and said they had a blast. 70632128124__13F0F47A-A6B3-4E14-B4DA-52EFA794FA47.thumb.jpeg.2031d14f5435efc3f781a0c0f3f3550f.jpeg

IMG_8917.thumb.jpeg.320a21393b6ee17e3972971fcba9ddd1.jpeg

• Like 14

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I hope the tickets were not for last night's show. It rained like crazy.

• Like 2