Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

46 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Is it your grandson or his friend that is asking one of the Steeler greats for an autograph while wearing a Bengals hat?  Gutsy kid!

That is my grandson in the Bengals hat.  At least he had his coat on to hide the Joe Burrow jersey.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

For those who like to play board games:

The Queen Banned the Kids From Playing Monopoly Because They Fought Too Much

Kids tend to play all kinds of games, including board games, but there's one in particular that is forbidden. That board game is Monopoly! What is the point of this oddly specific rule? Well, apparently, this game has been the cause of many fights in the Royal Family. When lying, cheating, and accusations are involved, the monarchy draws a hard stop. Therefore, the new generations can say goodbye to ever playing this game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I was pleasantly surprised to find out AAA still prints spiral bound "trip tiks".  Of course, GPS technology has taken over, but I still like to have a map in my hand with information I don't get using a GPS.  It came in very handy for our car trip down to Miami.

I love a good gps, but I love a good map even more.  If you always rely on a gps, it’s hard to learn where places are in relation to each other.  One thing I loved about AAA was how the gal at the desk could read and highlight the map while looking at it upside down.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

After being in Virginia for 2 and half years this morning we finally  made it to Big Waker Lookout. It's 100 ft high but seems much higher.

From the tower you can actually see 5 states. Virginia ,Kentucky,West Viginia, North Carolina and TN.

Took a few pictures, most not very good.  It was a little hazy when we were there early this morning. Still an awesome view from the tower.

https://www.scenicbeauty-va.com/

20230521_112416.jpg

I give you a lot of credit for being able to climb those stairs.  I would have frozen in my tracks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

As some who has paid for one I can tell you not a lot of restraint is exercised by daughter or mother!  This man has set the bar high. He’s either obscenely wealthy or in big trouble come wedding time. 

He probably told her she now has to elope at courthouse.🤣😇

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Agreed and that’s why I think the artists should put their foot down and stop this gouging.

In most cases it’s not the artist but scalpers that bought up tickets then resold them. We had this in our advanced many years ago, they bought all the good tickets for a Sinatra concert many years ago and for some reason they couldn’t sell them so a few days before the concert they sold the premium seats for less than the face value of the tickets, we were front row center a few rows from the stage . Another time my wife wanted to see Barry Manilow I bought the tickets as soon as they came out and still in upper deck, when concert started the entire main seating area was empty so ushers told everyone to just go to lower area to see the show. 

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

It's lucky your Grandson got anything signed by Hines wearing that Bengals cap.  🤣

I wouldn't exactly blame the seller for tickets costing that much, I would more like blame the buyers who buy tickets at those prices. Believe me if nobody buys at those prices, the prices would be alot lower and more reasonable.

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Agreed and that’s why I think the artists should put their foot down and stop this gouging.

Greg, Jimbo said it best.  The scalpers are the middle man who resell the face value tickets on sites such as StubHub. There really is no way to easy way to stop it.  Now we could have a few tiki drinks to talk about ways to stop it but IMO logistically would be a nightmare.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

The book is fantastic. I highly recommend this book.

I've had "Smuggler's Cove" here since 1994 and I still can't bring myself to finish it...

OH.. I see your were talking about the book... NVM 😉

image.thumb.png.99befd91379fa1acbfdb65c0bb94333a.png

On a Better tasting note,,, when I arrived from Québec City yesterday evening, I had a package waiting for me.  Inspired by @Sea Dog, I gave this a try.  Thanks Greg!

dp

• Like 9

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I was pleasantly surprised to find out AAA still prints spiral bound "trip tiks".  Of course, GPS technology has taken over, but I still like to have a map in my hand with information I don't get using a GPS.  It came in very handy for our car trip down to Miami.

I love our GPS, but am also a map lover. There’s nothing like being able to see alternate routes or places to visit just a few miles off your route. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

After being in Virginia for 2 and half years this morning we finally  made it to Big Waker Lookout. It's 100 ft high but seems much higher.

From the tower you can actually see 5 states. Virginia ,Kentucky,West Viginia, North Carolina and TN.

Took a few pictures, most not very good.  It was a little hazy when we were there early this morning. Still an awesome view from the tower.

https://www.scenicbeauty-va.com/

20230521_110200.jpg

20230521_111321.jpg

20230521_111324.jpg

20230521_111329.jpg

20230521_111344.jpg

20230521_112412.jpg

20230521_112416.jpg

20230521_192254.jpg

I’m impressed by your climbing that tower. 
My acrophobia would have kept me from doing it, even if my lungs and legs wouldn’t!

Great  views, though!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dpostman said:

I've had "Smuggler's Cove" here since 1994 and I still can't bring myself to finish it...

OH.. I see your were talking about the book... NVM 😉

image.thumb.png.99befd91379fa1acbfdb65c0bb94333a.png

On a Better tasting note,,, when I arrived from Québec City yesterday evening, I had a package waiting for me.  Inspired by @Sea Dog, I gave this a try.  Thanks Greg!

dp

Thats awesome! I’m glad you are enjoying your smoker.

26 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thats awesome! I’m glad you are enjoying your smoker.

I have plans to try this for smoking different things in mason jars.  Nuts, herbs & Spices, even cheese.

dp

• Like 5

On 5/20/2023 at 8:36 PM, Lionesss said:

I remember studying history in school and the famous saying “. . .  one if by land and two if by sea . .  . “. 

Well over the years we have sailed a bunch of number 2’s. So we now became the official owners of our number “one”. 

So it was delivered to our local Camping World and signed on the dotted line today. 

Now we were pre approved for a loan. 
LOL

240 months 
7% interest 

Um 

No 

We would pay over double for our  2024 Land Cruiser. 
So we bit the bullet and just paid in full. 

So, since we still have landscaping and concrete driveways to be finished  we delayed bringing it home till after Father’s Day. 

Now gotta come up with a name for our new addition. 

Meet the “ no name” new MOTOR HOME. 

So excited!!

IMG_0400.thumb.jpeg.8a8126badafb131c7653ce704cc3144f.jpeg

Congratulations!  You will have a great time.   While ours is considerably older and smaller, we’ve had some great adventures in ours.  We have plans for every other weekend starting this weekend through September.  Here’s ours. 

IMG_1166.jpeg

• Like 12

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I realize now I had a typo or autocorrect got me.

Vincentown Diner is off Rt 206 which is about a 15 to 20 minute drive from exit 7 of the NJ turnpike.

Lots of great diners in NJ.

I believe that NJ has the best diners in the tri state area.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I cleaned the window screens today for the house. Had a supervisor. 

IMG_9385.thumb.jpeg.f55c6169410867d9fef2931b042c9102.jpeg

Same supervisor for BBQing. 

IMG_9386.thumb.jpeg.557c73d966dca57da135e1da044e146d.jpeg

Dinner tonight. 

IMG_9388.thumb.jpeg.45c90b63b1d42f95da9631d7de214c31.jpeg

She didn’t go far today. Probably a big night tonight mousing or something. 

IMG_9391.jpeg

It looks like your Supervisor puts in a lot of hours!!!

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, dpostman said:

I have plans to try this for smoking different things in mason jars.  Nuts, herbs & Spices, even cheese.

dp

That sounds interesting!! and probably will come out delicious!  Have fun experimenting!😉

• Thanks 1

For the readers here, I have a new recommendation.  I joined a FB book club which I don’t participate in at all, I just follow it to see what books people suggest and what the various comments and opinions are.  Anyway, one kept coming up that I would never have picked up on my own but it was excellent.  It’s called West With Giraffes by Linda Rutledge.  I’d describe it as historical fiction but it’s based on the true story of two giraffes shipped to the US from Africa. They arrived on the east coast in the middle of the 1938 hurricane.  The story tells of their journey across the US to the San Diego Zoo.  But the fictional story is so much more than that.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

For the readers here, I have a new recommendation.  I joined a FB book club which I don’t participate in at all, I just follow it to see what books people suggest and what the various comments and opinions are.  Anyway, one kept coming up that I would never have picked up on my own but it was excellent.  It’s called West With Giraffes by Linda Rutledge.  I’d describe it as historical fiction but it’s based on the true story of two giraffes shipped to the US from Africa. They arrived on the east coast in the middle of the 1938 hurricane.  The story tells of their journey across the US to the San Diego Zoo.  But the fictional story is so much more than that.  

That one has been on my list to read for a while, will need to move it up on the list.  Thanks for the positive recommendation.

7 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I love our GPS, but am also a map lover. There’s nothing like being able to see alternate routes or places to visit just a few miles off your route. 

Does AAA charge for those paper routes, would be also nice to a have a paper guide on our  drive from NJ to Virginia in September after our cruise from Bayonne. How do you go about getting one of those Trip Tik's

7 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’m impressed by your climbing that tower. 
My acrophobia would have kept me from doing it, even if my lungs and legs wouldn’t!

Great  views, though!

Little surprised we both did it also, the drive to there was bad enough with steep inclines and  lots of curves in the road.

Once we got there we rested by the picnic tables for about 5 minutes and then went in the gift shop and said well we are here, lets just do it. $8.00 a person and we were on our way.

The tower  they say is about 100 ft, I think that was not counting the 12 steps or so up just to get ot the tower.

We only stopped once on the way up to rest for about 3 minutes and then went to the very top...........Seems a lot higher then the 112ft though when looking down and out.

It wasn't even that windy when we were there but at the top it was a little colder and the top swayed a little bit too, they say they is normal so it won't break. Hahaha......right.

We went down after spending about 5 minutes at the top.........that was enough for us. 🙂

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Oh Deb that sounds very intriguing!  Thanks for the recommendation.

Crazy world we live in!  There was an active shooter report today at the high school my son graduated from many years ago.  Turned out to be a swatting call but in the process of trying to clear the buildings, a gun was discharged as a police officer was checking a restroom.  That then lead to chaos and kids running into the woods.  The school is near a state police barracks and they sent everyone, plus NEMLEC, the regional SWAT team was dispatched.  All schools in the area went into a hold in place until the threat was over.  I hope they can trace the call and catch whoever did this!

• Like 12

Good evening.

It is 22.30am here.

I had my hair cut today after I saw a good customer this morning.

The current group of lads on BD went into Corfu town and got drunk.

They have no respect for the crew or yacht.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1