Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

27 minutes ago, mets07 said:

We have been blessed with a 5th grandchild. Grandchildren are ages 6 years, 4 years, almost 2 years, 7 months, and our brand new grandson.  💙

We are cruising with one of our sons and 3 of his children in late July .... should be interesting. 😉

Congratulations!  

I'm sure your July cruise will be packed with lots of fun.   

I enjoy watching the look in the eyes of new cruisers, especially the little ones.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, mets07 said:

We have been blessed with a 5th grandchild. Grandchildren are ages 6 years, 4 years, almost 2 years, 7 months, and our brand new grandson.  💙

We are cruising with one of our sons and 3 of his children in late July .... should be interesting. 😉

Congratulations on your new grandson. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

For $19.99 I'd go for it if it includes internet.

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just checked my planner for Odyssey this coming February. The key is $42.99. I think you have a great price.... if it is not a mistake.

Not a mistake as far as I know.  It is a Radiance Class ship so not that many great discounts, besides Lunch on Embarkment day, Internet for my Wife  and I.  Also this is a14 day cruise with 3 tender ports (that was one of the reasons to get the Key too).

Price now is $28.99..............I wouldn't even consider it though at that price, but when I saw it go to $19.99 said why not.

Internet currently $17.99 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Not a mistake as far as I know.  It is a Radiance Class ship so not that many great discounts, besides Lunch on Embarkment day, Internet for my Wife  and I.  Also this is a14 day cruise with 3 tender ports (that was one of the reasons to get the Key too).

Price now is $28.99..............I wouldn't even consider it though at that price, but when I saw it go to $19.99 said why not.

So did you buy it at $19.99?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

$19.99 is a good deal.   Currently selling for $35.99 for our Serenade sailing in September and that only has 1 tender port (Grand Cayman).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Congratulations on the birth of your newest grandchild!!!  Grandchildren are the best!  

Your cruise should be fun with your grandchildren on board.  Enjoy!  They grow up so quickly...our youngest grandchild is now 12 years old.

27 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Anyone our there still watching Below Deck Yacht or has everyone kissed it off?

I watch it on Peacock..

24 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sabel is precious.   Welcome to the family😻

+1

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm watching. Best part was they said Down Under begins July 17th.

That's good news.

I'm gonna go out on a ledge here but Gaaaaaary is a pig. Although I may have said something similar in Season 1.

Daisy us starting to act like Hannah, just before she was canned.

Informational tidbit here... my best friend's daughter is in FLL going through yacht training right now. She said if anyone were to act like this bunch no one would be hired. This malarkey is just for the show.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

Congratulations on your new grand child.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just checked my planner for Odyssey this coming February. The key is $42.99. I think you have a great price.... if it is not a mistake.

Our October Voyager is showing $50.11 for the key.... That's Cad $.  US converts to $38.  Which is to high for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

The Key only gives you priority for tenders leaving the ship doesn’t it, so only beneficial for independent tour but not return?

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Anyone our there still watching Below Deck Yacht or has everyone kissed it off?

We are but dvr it to watch on Friday evenings. Looking forward to BD Down Under getting kinda tired of Gary.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Great price.

43 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

yes

I'm glad you bought it. If it's the right price we always get it. The Chops lunch and disembark breakfast is good plus you get priority disembark and don't have to wait in line with everyone else.

• Like 2

Well I talked to my doctor brother who looked at my MRI of my left knee. His first comment was "wow, what in the hell did you do to your knee." He said the MRI showed him that I hade a extruded meniscus and is basically torn and beat to s%&t. He also thinks I may have a torn ligament plus bone spurs. I basically have no cartilage and basically a torn ACL. He's surprised I can even walk on it as it looks so bad. He then went on say a bone marrow transplant would not help me and that it might be better to just get another knee replacement. Needless to say I am very depressed but if it means doing something to get better I will do it.

Here are the MRI"s. I have no idea what I'm looking at but my brother put arrows where there is something going on. Maybe the good doctor, @Ocean Boy can look at them and give me his expert opinion. 

MRI 1

MRI1.thumb.jpg.9a6f51c7745a35cae94e7b7c42447445.jpg

MRI 2

MRI2.thumb.jpg.9f14861e7ae80651fb1b35dd5340b3e1.jpg

MRI 3

IMG_3.thumb.jpeg.9f7e5a353dbcb1ea03196bccc9030e94.jpeg

MRI 4

IMG_4.thumb.jpeg.d4354a7aac5ca7e26596088abfc7e603.jpeg

Trouble is now Linda needs hand surgery to repair bone on bone by her thumb. so we need to try and schedule that before our October cruise. Then schedule me a knee replacement in November to hopefully make our April Celebrity cruise. Looks like the holidays may be a bummer around here. Thanks for letting me rant.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well I talked to my doctor brother who looked at my MRI of my left knee. His first comment was "wow, what in the hell did you do to your knee." He said the MRI showed him that I hade a extruded meniscus and is basically torn and beat to s%&t. He also thinks I may have a torn ligament plus bone spurs. I basically have no cartilage and basically a torn ACL. He's surprised I can even walk on it as it looks so bad. He then went on say a bone marrow transplant would not help me and that it might be better to just get another knee replacement. Needless to say I am very depressed but if it means doing something to get better I will do it.

Here are the MRI"s. I have no idea what I'm looking at but my brother put arrows where there is something going on. Maybe the good doctor, @Ocean Boy can look at them and give me his expert opinion. 

MRI 1

MRI 2

MRI 3

MRI 4

Trouble is now Linda needs hand surgery to repair bone on bone by her thumb. so we need to try and schedule that before our October cruise. Then schedule me a knee replacement in November to hopefully make our April Celebrity cruise. Looks like the holidays may be a bummer around here. Thanks for letting me rant.

Oh my friend...so sorry to hear this news. If timing is spot on, you should be good-to-go in  April!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@ollienbertsmum

I've seen your reply about Lucca on Italy's port of calls forum.

Just started researching our next cruise's stop in La Spezia. We've been lucky to make several land trips to Italy, and the only city "missing" is Lucca.

The "problem" is that all the tours "combine" Pisa & Lucca.

How did you get to Lucca? Thanks 🌹

I did a report on La Spezia in the Italian port forum.  It was mainly on the Cinque Terra ports though. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mets07 said:

Congratulations on your new grandson, welcome little one 💙 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

MRI 1

MRI 2

MRI 3

MRI 4

So sorry to hear its bad news re your knee Greg. Thank goodness we have the technology these days to repair/replace though I know you had a difficult time when you had the first knee done. 

I hope the Dr's can do some kind of temporary fix while you wait for the op to give you more movement 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

MRI 1

MRI 2

MRI 3

MRI 4

That's disappointing Greg. But better to know, than not know. And it is wonderful to have a diagnosis and opinion from someone you trust implicitly. 

I love my orthopedic surgeon. I wanted to have hip resurfacing instead of a full hip replacement. He is young, and very engaged. He pursed his lips and shook his head, and said, "No can do. Not a candidate. You need a full replacement." ☺️ We don't always get what we want.

And maybe this one will go better. Ask @NHProud who her husband's surgeon was? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

So sorry to hear its bad news re your knee Greg. Thank goodness we have the technology these days to repair/replace though I know you had a difficult time when you had the first knee done. 

I hope the Dr's can do some kind of temporary fix while you wait for the op to give you more movement 

I keep forgetting to tell you Sue. Tampa Hotels: We stayed at Embassy Suites in March. It was very expensive. You mentioned Home2Suites in your post. We were booked there on one of our cancelled cruises. But also check the Hampton Inn pricing. Home2Suites and Hampton are in the same building/complex and have the same amenities, free breakfast, etc. It is kind of weird, they are in the same building. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Speaking of too high, I thought I would check Icon in January.   They are not showing the key yet but for the UDP they want $356.99! Almost $51 per day!  

Good thing that I like the Windjammer.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5