Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

View from top of Boathouse. The powerboat and pier belong to a neighbor so, sorry no pictures of mooring lines.

10-BHveiwtotheright.thumb.jpg.9e292d4ecb614060c5983b3bdbf179a2.jpg

That lake looks pretty calm.  Glad you enjoyed your get away.   Do they limit horsepower on the lake?  One of our small lakes can get pretty choppy with all the boats. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

99.9%.  Storm trooper launches at 8:45, an we fly at 2:30pm. 

Have a safe flight and a great cruise.   You may have mentioned, but what ship?

Looking forward to hearing about it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Mark, I'll forward it.

Just let me add this: the "gal" had polio in the early '50, walking with a slight limp. The army gave her an exempt, but she volunteered. Then, some 8 years ago, the polio was back with a vengeance, and she's moving now with a electric rollator.

And, since she didn't have "enough" .... 7 months ago ... breast cancer, with a HER.

All through this period, she was cheerful and optimistic, saying to us, her friends, that all will be OK.

When given the all clear, the doctors, unanimously, told her that her disposition and positive approach to her disease were a huge part in her recovery, as they were just doing their "work".

She's always putting a smile on my face. You should hear her telling us her conversations with her Argentinian born physician, with his distinctive accent. We were LOLing 😄

Wishing you dear daughter the very same result 🌹

Congratulations to Dani's friend! Wishing Mark's daughter the best.

Everyone is looking great in Dani and friend's victory celebration picture!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Deb!🥰

I can not imagine doing just a carry-on and backpack...I usually use a backpack, a carry-on, and my regular piece of luggage.  When we've planned on staying in a hotel for a few days prior to a cruise, I live out of the carry-on without opening the regular luggage until we're on the ship.  

You and Andy are going to have such a wonderful time on your European vacation with cruise included.😉😊

I can’t imagine it either Maryann! The only reason we’re considering it is having to manage our luggage. When we arrive in Venice we’ll take  water transport into the city & walk to our hotel. Two days later we then have to get it to the train station to head to Rome.  I think the alternative will be a backpack each, one carryon that I manage and one checked bag that Andy handles.  It’ll give us a little more space.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

@A&L_Ont  Have a great cruise Andrew, Lisa and Owen.  Dave, my son and I are headed to NJ/NYC Friday for the weekend to see Manchester United vs Arsenal at MetLife stadium in a preseason exhibition game on Saturday.  Manchester United is our team and this will be the fourth time seeing them in person, 2 times at University of Michigan and 1 time at Old Trafford in Manchester.  So looking forward to it!

Have a great weekend!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are the same.   I could never live out of a carry on and backpack.   I pack 1 large and 1 small carry on and check in on flights then have my backpack as carry on.   My small checked bag is our shampoo, conditioner, body wash, sunscreens, first aid kit, body lotions, face cream, perfumes and shaving items.  Large bag is clothes and shoes.

I remember in years gone by I would pack a large duffle bag just for my shoes!  Times sure have changed.  

@HBE4  Looks like you had the perfect get-a-way.  Great food, great people, tranquil surroundings to kick back and just....be.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Last post.

This picture sums up the trip perfectly. The foreground is the wife of college friend#1 (the one I see frequently) floating lazily on the lake while in the background, I and Little Miss HBE4 sit on our version of Perfect Day (not at Coco Cay) Floating Bar. 😁

20 - raft (2).JPG

Thanks for sharing all your pictures. Looks like it was a perfectly peaceful getaway.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Last post.

This picture sums up the trip perfectly. The foreground is the wife of college friend#1 (the one I see frequently) floating lazily on the lake while in the background, I and Little Miss HBE4 sit on our version of Perfect Day (not at Coco Cay) Floating Bar. 😁

20 - raft (2).JPG

Thanks for the pictures,  looks great.  This is what our lake area used to look like until everyone found it and started knocking down the little cabins and putting in monstrosities.  Glad to hear you enjoyed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Last post.

20 - raft (2).JPG

What great photos of your perfect getaway. Looks beautiful and peaceful. I love the cabin.

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2023 at 10:50 PM, singinalot said:

we’ll be there mid-August and I am definitely watching those temps 👀

I was looking through old photos of trips (sorting the files out).  One thing I noticed was that youngest  and I bought a couple of parasols. It made so much difference.  You could just as easily carry an umbrella.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are the same.   I could never live out of a carry on and backpack.   I pack 1 large and 1 small carry on and check in on flights then have my backpack as carry on.   My small checked bag is our shampoo, conditioner, body wash, sunscreens, first aid kit, body lotions, face cream, perfumes and shaving items.  Large bag is clothes and shoes.

Agree, it's all those liquids that keep me from doing a carry on only.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

99.9%.  Storm trooper launches at 8:45, an we fly at 2:30pm. 

Sounds like you are going to have an awesome weekend. 

Have a wonde4ful trip, looking forward to pictures.

26 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I can’t imagine it either Maryann! The only reason we’re considering it is having to manage our luggage. When we arrive in Venice we’ll take  water transport into the city & walk to our hotel. Two days later we then have to get it to the train station to head to Rome.  I think the alternative will be a backpack each, one carryon that I manage and one checked bag that Andy handles.  It’ll give us a little more space.  

We did a 2 week family trip thru Europe in 2011, started in London, took  chunnel to Paris, night train to Rome, along with a 7 day cruise.  We each had 1 rolling suitcase and a backpack.  At times we were at the back of the crowds but made it.  Think it was my only trip where we wore just about everything we took, glad to have had it all. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love these photos.  Looks like you had a great trip catching up with old friends.  When I was young, I used to really enjoy when our family took vacations like this.  I remember one in NY on Lake George somewhere.  Now, I think I'm too soft. 😁

Some of those pictures reminded me of Lake George .My wife and I were first there in 1974 and when our kids were old enough to travel we went every summer till 1990.My younger daughter went to Undergraduate college in upstate NY.On parents weekends my wife and I spent time in Lake George.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It was very easy for me to do this on a cruise....I packed my carry on bag and a handbag.....the shoes and bags and clothes which I could not do without 🙄and had to have, I stuffed in RJ's suitcase! Only worked once since I was reminded about it time and again while packing!

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

These photos from the dock look so relaxing & peaceful.  Did you have this part of the lake to yourselves whilst you were there?  

Peaceful and relaxing it was! I guess I timed the pictures perfectly as there was no activity there at the time but no, it did get busy later on. But the part of the lake the cabin is on is in a large cove - "The Bay" my friends call it - so it was a bit quieter.  The main part of the lake is much busier with boats of all sizes and speed including pontoon boats, Jet Skis (PWC - Personal Watercraft  as they are officially known), etc.

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

@HBE4 It looks like a wonderful getaway. Beautiful view! Very rustic though. It looks like you had a nice time. I guess we are fortunate. Everyone keeps calling our other house a cabin. But it is actually a house that is even larger than our present home.

It was rustic. Even had a little mouse scampering about.  The original plan was to go tent camping but this old body is too old to sleep on the ground. Plus, all my tent camping gear - sleeping bags, air mattress and the tent itself - are long gone and I didn't want to invest in all new gear that might only be used once. Fortunately one of my other college buddies was of the same mindset so this cabin was the perfect compromise!

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love these photos.  Looks like you had a great trip catching up with old friends.  When I was young, I used to really enjoy when our family took vacations like this.  I remember one in NY on Lake George somewhere.  Now, I think I'm too soft. 😁

Thank you. I drove right past Lake George on I87 - The Northway - and it was as busy as it ever way, judging from the traffic.  It was the halfway point on my trip north. I've driven past many a time but never went there.

As for being too soft, see my comments above to @Coralc🙂

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That lake looks pretty calm.  Glad you enjoyed your get away.   Do they limit horsepower on the lake?  One of our small lakes can get pretty choppy with all the boats. 

First day was calm, smooth as glass. The other days had some wind. One day was too choppy to take the Kayaks out.

No limit on HP. There were boats of all sizes and shapes and the unmistakable rumble of a Chevy V-8 in one of them.  One of the most beautiful boats was an old Chris Craft (stock image). According to my car guy buddy, that "only" has an inline-6 cylinder engine.

Chris-Craft-Boat-Club-Image-1024x363.thumb.jpg.a7a23a99ad44c2c3d5427ac22a269128.jpg

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@HBE4  Looks like you had the perfect get-a-way.  Great food, great people, tranquil surroundings to kick back and just....be.

That it was! For sure.

3 hours ago, akcruz said:

Thanks for the pictures,  looks great.  This is what our lake area used to look like until everyone found it and started knocking down the little cabins and putting in monstrosities.  Glad to hear you enjoyed.

Most of the houses on the lake are true camp cabins that are not winterized. But there have been a few tear downs that have been rebuilt into something resembling The Great Lodges for year round living. The area is pretty remote with the nearest town - and stores - being about 35-45 minutes away.  So plan your shopping carefully and don't forget the milk.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

It was very easy for me to do this on a cruise....I packed my carry on bag and a handbag.....the shoes and bags and clothes which I could not do without 🙄and had to have, I stuffed in RJ's suitcase! Only worked once since I was reminded about it time and again while packing!

Well this wouldn’t work for us. Andy’s a worse over packer than I am!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Last post.

20 - raft (2).JPG

Looks like you had a great time with some beautiful scenery.   Welcome Home!

That would be me floating on the inflatable lounge chair

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

At the airport and on the plane. Feels good. 

Have a great cruise! Both of them. 😄

I may have missed it but are you doing a Live review?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Have a great cruise! Both of them. 😄

I may have missed it but are you doing a Live review?

I think I will, and if so I’ll start it once we are airborne.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

On 7/18/2023 at 4:24 PM, Keksie said:

Has anyone heard from Jagsfan lately?  I don't want to be nosy but I do worry.

I’m fine. Just getting past being tired from our week in Maine with our kids and grandkids. 
Dick and I drive up, everyone else flew. 
it’s hard work supervising his driving, so I’m still tired. 
I had bad breathing problems when we got home…probably from trading wonderful Maine air for humid Florida air. 
I booked a bunch  from my women’s club on Allure sailing Feb 26, and invited them to pay toward their balances when they have a little extra.

That, and answering questions has kept me busy!  Really,really like herding  cats!
Don’t remember if I mentioned it, but 

ParkPortCanaveral is running a 50% off sail that expires 31 July. 
It’s good for cruises through June 2024. 
Good place to park and shuttle. It’s closest to the port. 
Thanks for thinking about me.

Trying to keep up, but I keep falling behind so I’ve mostly been skimming. 
Now that I’ve completely unpacked and found the capris I thought I left in Maine, hopefully I’ll be back running my mouth!!
First photo is my attorney granddaughter Megan, my son Scott, and me. There’s one of Dick and me at our cousin Bruce’s home. He and his wife Lee know how to make us happy! We all had all the lobster we could stuff in! And Lee made a hot crab dip with fresh picked Maine crabs that was to die for!

Then at various restaurants, we had steamers, fried whole belly clams, lobster rolls, Maine and Connecticut, and lots of scallops. 
Our daughter rented a five bedroom house in Boothbay, and it was perfect. 
Dick had mentioned two years ago it would be nice if we could rent a big house and visit Maine one more time. Everybody already had vacation plans, so it took two years to line everything up. 
The house was perfect, the dining room table seated 20, so there was room for the 12 of us to be comfortable.,and spending quality time with family was priceless!

IMG_2510.jpeg

IMG_2484.jpeg

IMG_2470.jpeg

IMG_2468.jpeg

IMG_2467.jpeg

IMG_2269.jpeg

IMG_2260.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 6