Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

You didn’t misunderstand. I don’t drink much at home. Sometimes I can go for months without a drink. On a cruise, all bets are off. My drinking habits are like night and day, big time. 🍹🥂🍸🧉 🛳️

Sounds to me like the real you is coming out here, you just need drinking buddies to confirm.🤣

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

Hello Below Deck Fans..two things.

Tonight on Bravo at 8pm central, 9 pm eastern is Project Runway where favorites of the Below Deck series will walk the runway in the famous Real Client Challenge.

Also I’ve really gotten into BD Sailing Chiefs Engineer Colin’s YouTube channel called “Sailing Parlay Revival.” It follows Colin before he joined Below Deck buying a hurricane damaged sailboat in the BVI and restoring it and sailing it all over the world. It’s fascinating to see how they fix this heavily damaged boat and sail it through pirate infested waters and their journey to some of the most beautiful islands I’ve ever seen. There is 5 years worth of videos some I’m still in year one but it is so interesting. I had no idea Colin has an engineering degree and has also worked on large super yachts. A fee of the spiders follow him on a super yacht to earn extra money to repair his sailboat. Check it out great stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

We've been busy the last few days, helping DS2 and his family with their move to Amsterdam. They landed there this morning, for the next 2 weeks, with an option for another 2 weeks in a sub-let of an Israeli couple, who are visiting family here. 

The biggest issue, which it seems the young couple was not aware of, is finding a suitable rental. The demand far surpasses the supply, and I fear that they'll move from sub-let to sub-let for quite some time 😢.

Debbie @Sunshine3601 hopefully your friend had a successful op, and I wish her many more years of quality living.

Mark @h20skibum wishing you and family to continue with your fantastic vacation. When I've first seen the pic of your hotel, I said to myself: "it reminds me of Portofino".... Sure enough, after a few posts, turns out that's indeed its name 😉 "Marked" for future reference should we be fortunate enough to bring our grandkids there. Seems an awesome place.

Crystal @singinalot, wishing you and Nate an enjoyable stay in "my neighborhood" 😉

Arzeena @Arzeena and Deb @Momof3gurlz -- enjoy your vacations to the fullest.

OB @Ocean Boy -- Jade is so adorable, hopefully she will "redeem" herself 😘

• Like 19

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Also I’ve really gotten into BD Sailing Chiefs Engineer Colin’s YouTube channel called “Sailing Parlay Revival.” It follows Colin before he joined Below Deck buying a hurricane damaged sailboat in the BVI and restoring it and sailing it all over the world.

Me too.  Saw your mention of it a few days ago.  I've started at the oldest video and am working my way towards the newest.  Apparently Colin does one per week, so I'll eventually catch up.

I agree, I love the videos that show the boat being repaired.  It's fascinating.  

Last weekend Colin did a live-stream video.  I watched that, and he did mention the Project Runway show tonight.

Edited by Paul from Maryland

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How is this for starters....

20230803_124147.thumb.jpg.8ff4dcf483b90a75c9f702bfbc8adf09.jpg

Ouch! I’ve gotten a few of those before. She still loves you though.

2 minutes ago, Paul from Maryland said:

Me too.  Saw your mention of it a few days ago.  I've started at the oldest video and am working my way towards the newest.  Apparently Colin does one per week, so I'll eventually catch up.

I agree, I love the videos that show the boat being repaired.  It's fascinating.  

Last weekend Colin did a live-stream video.  I watched that, and he did mention the Project Runway show tonight.

I think he is a really great person but I’m amazed how smart he is. Also his hard work ethic on that boat. I couldn’t do it. He’s also a pretty good surfer. What doesn’t he do?

• Like 4

On 8/1/2023 at 9:10 AM, Arzeena said:

Sounds like a great time! I like that you put in some relaxation time at the Polynesian. Much needed!😄 Have a wonderful cruise and hope your boys love it!

We board the Wonder this Sunday. We are on the Independence in September, so I am interested to read your Cliff notes.

Enjoy Wonder.

We sure did. Dick never wants to eat in specialty restaurants, but I talked him into Playmakers because it’s right by the Aqua Theater. 
We loved the wings. He loved  the price, too, which was amazingly low. The truffle fries were good, too. 
We really liked Wonder, although I prefer  the old style vanity/desk with its drawers. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We really need a care button. I will be thinking of you through this period. I have complete confidence that you will get through this and have a full recovery like my good friend who had the same type of cancer. I am here for you. Please keep us updated. I am praying for you and wishing a speedy healing and full recovery. Love you buddy!

+1 from Mimi

• Like 1

@mo&fran I read your recent post about the treatments you will be having soon.I want to wish you strength, faith and love as you go on this journey to restore your health.

If it helps, keep in mind that those people you haven’t met in person, but have gotten to “know” on Dani’s thread are wishing you the best for your recovery.

We are your cheering squad! 

MJ 🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of cats: My daughter noticed that her beloved Cooper was constantly drinking water and soaking his litter box. 
Diagnosis, not surprising, diabetes. 
it runs in Dick’s family. Our 59 year old son was diagnosed in June. 
Cooper is on a special diet, every 12 hours, and Lisa is giving him insulin injections. She said he complains when she pulls his skin out for the needle. 
Being Cooper, when she calls him for his shot, he comes right away and jumps in her lap. 
After one week, the vet increased the insulin dosage. 
Has any of you had a diabetic cat, and how did it work out in the long run? I hope it’s a long run, because Cooper is a very special cat. 

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I would like to see this as her background During Bella 2.

wonder.thumb.jpg.153dd622b5db4a6fd1bddfc739a5dbcd.jpg

Awesome!!

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is raining heavily here at 08.55am and 56°F.

Prayers 🙏 for good health and safety to all on Dani's @dani negreanu thread.

I hope everyone has a great day.

You've been having quite a bit of heavy rain the past two days, along with cooler weather.  It must feel like 
Fall is on it's way, Graham.    

I hope your weather gets better in the next day for you and Pauline.

Have a great day!!

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I think he is a really great person but I’m amazed how smart he is. Also his hard work ethic on that boat. I couldn’t do it. He’s also a pretty good surfer. What doesn’t he do?

You're right, Colin is good at a lot of different things.  It's fun watching him teach sailing skills to new crew members.

I just finished a few videos from their time in Guatemala where they fixed the hull damage.  After purchasing the boat they fixed just enough of the hull damage to make the boat seaworthy.  Some time later, in Guatemala, they took the boat out of the water and fixed all of the hull damage.  They were figuring it out as they went, and there was a lot of damage.  That, and the heat, really kicked their butts.  

Colin was getting low on cash during this time.  A friend offered him a temporary chief engineer job on a $30 million dollar super yacht.  So Colin took a month or two off and worked on the super yacht.  Then went back to repairing the hull damage.  He did one video on the super yacht, it was interesting!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Good thing this guy isn't on CC (although it might be hilarious).funny-photoshop-requests-james-fridman-4b.thumb.png.d474f4f28a558eb43b9dab082c35ca1f.pngjames-fridman-photoshop-troll-4-e1653000925715.jpg.0fe557324580404e3dd69655995ade53.jpgb5b8630c4eda6316006c0567b7e45232.thumb.jpg.8f8f4b829bcd97f62408cac2a3679f17.jpg

OMG!  This had me laughing out loud!!!  This is awesome!

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The beast....😑

20230305_132811.thumb.jpg.4289b9e027307142e146e31e3ee12e73.jpg

20230305_132801.thumb.jpg.c97abda70df8329f0f18e033dcd6a4d3.jpg

Surely this beautiful Princess can't really be described as a beast!?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Paul from Maryland said:

You're right, Colin is good at a lot of different things.  It's fun watching him teach sailing skills to new crew members.

I just finished a few videos from their time in Guatemala where they fixed the hull damage.  After purchasing the boat they fixed just enough of the hull damage to make the boat seaworthy.  Some time later, in Guatemala, they took the boat out of the water and fixed all of the hull damage.  They were figuring it out as they went, and there was a lot of damage.  That, and the heat, really kicked their butts.  

Colin was getting low on cash during this time.  A friend offered him a temporary chief engineer job on a $30 million dollar super yacht.  So Colin took a month or two off and worked on the super yacht.  Then went back to repairing the hull damage.  He did one video on the super yacht, it was interesting!

Sounds like we are both at the same place just watched the episode where he was getting some extra cash on the super yacht. I find the boat repairs really interesting.  I'm on episode 46. Looks like we will have plenty to watch as he is on episode 219. I have really enjoyed watching his story.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@mo&fran I read your recent post about the treatments you will be having soon.I want to wish you strength, faith and love as you go on this journey to restore your health.

If it helps, keep in mind that those people you haven’t met in person, but have gotten to “know” on Dani’s thread are wishing you the best for your recovery.

We are your cheering squad! 

MJ 🙋🏻‍♀️

You had better believe I will. If all goes well, we have 4 cruises booked on Adventure starting Oct 7. Shooting for all treatments to be completed and no after effects to change plans.  Should be a group of CCers' on the third cruise.    

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Awesome!!

You've been having quite a bit of heavy rain the past two days, along with cooler weather.  It must feel like 
Fall is on it's way, Graham.    

I hope your weather gets better in the next day for you and Pauline.

Have a great day!!

Thank you Maryann.

In June we had weeks of hot dry weather and now it is leveling out with the wet weather.

Another heat wave is forecast later this month.

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Speaking of cats: My daughter noticed that her beloved Cooper was constantly drinking water and soaking his litter box. 
Cooper is on a special diet, every 12 hours, and Lisa is giving him insulin injections. She said he complains when she pulls his skin out for the needle. 
Being Cooper, when she calls him for his shot, he comes right away and jumps in her lap. 
Has any of you had a diabetic cat, and how did it work out in the long run? I hope it’s a long run, because Cooper is a very special cat. 

Several years ago, my daughter adopted two elderly rescue dogs, brother and sister, Bonnie and Clyde.  Clyde was diabetic and was blind.  My daughter gave Clyde insulin injections.  He was a loving dog.  They both were.  I hope your daughter's Cooper does well, Mimi.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I used to work with a guy who’s wife had diabetes and also her cat she gave herself a injection then the cat.