Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Will your surgeon be okay to perform the surgery if your knee is swollen when you return home?

That will be something I ask him. I do have a week after being back. I plan on icing it good and just relaxing to get ready for surgery.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, sgmn said:

Our littlest grandsons Christening/first birthday party was yesterday. Held in a church that has strong links for us. We were married there, our kids were christened there. Gary and I were baptised there as adults and my parents are buried there. 

Lovely little Christening service from Father Richard and great party in the church hall afterwards 

IMG-20230904-WA0009.thumb.jpg.bb1de8e9cd679bb836b16745afb7b620.jpg

20230903_125548.thumb.jpg.6a3ffc754b797c32941e7f54bd95e9af.jpg

IMG-20230902-WA0019.thumb.jpg.5c70166bda29e11ab536fb4e876053e8.jpg

IMG-20230903-WA0029.thumb.jpg.ec91c351a57eb73bd3e5715a60574be0.jpg

IMG-20230904-WA0013.jpg

That is a marvellous cake! Was the rabbit a keepsake, or was it fondant?  Very nice pictures of a very happy day!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Sea Dog

On our last cruise I used a rollator and was pleasantly surprised at how many people were extra kind and asked if they could help.  Not sure how much a rollator would help your situation. 

On our next cruise I am taking @brillohead suggestion and renting a Whills.  It's a nice electric wheelchair.   I will be cruising 10-2 so I can let you know my experience.  

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 11

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog

On our last cruise I used a rollator and was pleasantly surprised at how many people were extra kind and asked if they could help.  Not sure how much a rollator would help your situation. 

On our next cruise I am taking @brillohead suggestion and renting a Whills.  It's a nice electric wheelchair.   I will be cruising 10-2 so I can let you know my experience.  

That is encouraging to know there are still good people out there. 

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

My knee injection has not worked very well which is what I was afraid of. Having a torn meniscus and torn ACL along with the arthritis is not helping with the injection. At this point I will suck it up and enjoy my cruise on October as much as I can and then get my replacement surgery November 3rd.

Sorry to hear Greg that the injections haven't helped much.  November will be here though before you know it 

• Like 3

Just now, sgmn said:

Sorry to hear Greg that the injections haven't helped much.  November will be here though before you know it 

Yes that's why I will start Christmas decorating in a couple of weeks because I won't be able to do it in November. 😉

• Like 7

1 hour ago, StanleyandGus said:

That is a marvellous cake! Was the rabbit a keepsake, or was it fondant?  Very nice pictures of a very happy day!

It's all edible. The top tier was the top tier of their wedding cake, so fruit, the bottom tier was a three layer lemon cake,  layed with lemon curd. 

This was what was left by the end of the party 

20230903_163939.thumb.jpg.baa75a68371c05269bfa66c0d98a0c4c.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/18/2023 at 10:29 AM, BonTexasNY said:

The sweetest corn we ever had was from NJ farms.  So sweet, it tasted like it was dipped in sugar.  Good you found some good ones in your store.

Here in South Jersey we have some of the BEST corn & tomatoes.  Sad summer is ending. I too work for a school and go back tomorrow 😭 but in August I'll be cruising so I'll have that to pull me through the year lol.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

IMG-20230902-WA0019.thumb.jpg.5c70166bda29e11ab536fb4e876053e8.jpg

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

A good friend who is amazingly artistic made the cake

Here is a wedding cake she made and a cake for my other grandsons 1st birthday 

Front of cake 

IMG-20230806-WA0001.thumb.jpg.80a652f763bc527292a310536c652c68.jpg

Back of same cake

IMG-20230806-WA0002.thumb.jpg.4bfcd8672e107808cd5885e613cadd78.jpg

Grandson's 1st birthday 

20220423_180054.thumb.jpg.cc03537cae8b0690329c5934fe31482d.jpg

Really nice cakes.

• Thanks 1

We are back in the heat and humidity.    Yesterday was a high of 92f   Today is 94f with 77% humidity.   Expect 96f tomorrow then 94 or 95 for Wed & Thu.     Looks like we have the same weather Tampa is having.     Good thing we got all our yardwork done Sat and Sun.   

Today I started packing essentials for our cruise.   So far I have one small bag fully packed with all our shampoos, body wash, sunscreen, etc. and have 1 large bag almost packed with our formal wear, swimsuits, some tops and will pack the rest later in the week.      

I expect this will be a busy 4 day work week with getting as much of my work done as possible and making sure the rest of the office team knows what they need to do while I am out for 2 weeks on Serenade.   I am getting excited and cannot wait to get back onboard one of our favorite ships.    

Eric doesn't get excited until we are actually on our way there.  

In the past couple of weeks he has been back to working on clearing out his Mom's house so we can list it for sale when we get back home.     He has done a great job the inside of the house looks really nice.   Him and Chris were able to get most of the furniture out of the home and donated to various charities but we left some pieces for staging purposes.   Shed is almost empty then he needs to work on the garage but wanted to wait until we had cooler weather to work in there.   

Originally we were thinking about renting it out but with the housing market the way it is now we figure we will sell it and get the most possible for it.

Still waiting to see who our new neighbors will be.   They should be here by the time we get back home on 9.24

Also, excited that my neighbor is done with her rehab at the facility and will be home tomorrow.    It will be so nice to see her back home again.   

• Like 11

On 9/3/2023 at 8:58 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

I am seeking some advice.    I would like to get air tags for use with our Samsung Galaxy Android phones.   Set of 4

What is a good one that won't break the bank? 

Samsung has their version, SmartTag.  

Like with AirTags, it requires compatible phones in the area with Bluetooth enabled to create a network.

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2023 at 2:15 PM, Luckynana said:

I am so sorry to hear about your great-aunt, Debbie, and that you won't be able to meet her in person at the family reunion. It would've been so nice to hear stories of the family from the elders.  Please don't beat yourself up about your search.  The important thing is that you have finally connected, and it's been a happy and joyful connection!   Prayers for your great-aunt.🙏

There sure is a lot of longevity in your Dad's family! 

I just got the call that she passed this afternoon.  I'm sure there will be plenty of stories at the reunion this month.  

And yes, one of the DNA services actually said that my genes have longevity in them... they got that one right!

• Like 9

On 9/3/2023 at 2:58 PM, h20skibum said:

Sorry to hear about your great aunt.  

I had an email from one of the ancestry sites today, and they were suggesting everyone tell some of their family stories, when together with family for Labor Day.  As I continue with my family history book, There are things I discovered that I wish I would have known earlier, and been able to ask my parents and grandparents.  

I think I'm going to get Storyworth or something similar for my biological father... so much history there!

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I just got the call that she passed this afternoon.  I'm sure there will be plenty of stories at the reunion this month.  

And yes, one of the DNA services actually said that my genes have longevity in them... they got that one right!

Sorry to hear that she passed.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Im sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

Advice needed. Looking for some advice for our pre-cruise stay in Fort Lauderdale staying at the Riverside Hotel. Las Olas Blvd has a lot of restaurants and bars. Looking to hear from anyone who has been and to what they liked. We were hoping the famous Mai Kai would be done in their refurbishment but it does not look good. We also were thinking of going to the Wreck Bar to see their Mermaid Show but the tickets are pretty expensive and the reviews are mixed. We are planning on using the water taxi to see the sites and are looking for recommendations near some of their stops. Any advice???

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sgmn said:

A good friend who is amazingly artistic made the cake

Here is a wedding cake she made and a cake for my other grandsons 1st birthday 

Front of cake 

IMG-20230806-WA0001.thumb.jpg.80a652f763bc527292a310536c652c68.jpg

Back of same cake

IMG-20230806-WA0002.thumb.jpg.4bfcd8672e107808cd5885e613cadd78.jpg

Grandson's 1st birthday 

20220423_180054.thumb.jpg.cc03537cae8b0690329c5934fe31482d.jpg

That front and back is amazing.  I never had a cake at my wedding.  Next year it will be 35 years.  I think I need cake. 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Advice needed. Looking for some advice for our pre-cruise stay in Fort Lauderdale staying at the Riverside Hotel. Las Olas Blvd has a lot of restaurants and bars. Looking to hear from anyone who has been and to what they liked. We were hoping the famous Mai Kai would be done in their refurbishment but it does not look good. We also were thinking of going to the Wreck Bar to see their Mermaid Show but the tickets are pretty expensive and the reviews are mixed. We are planning on using the water taxi to see the sites and are looking for recommendations near some of their stops. Any advice???

IL Mulino restaurant had fantastic garlic rolls , food and service was excellent, we will definitely visit again anytime we are in the area.

Edited by George C
  • Like 1