Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@Jimbo Our last few cruises out of Bayonne there have been the traditional lines (vs. iPads.... although we did experience that process some years ago there).

Lines were pretty long, however there were tons of check-in counters and the process (and photo) went quickly. On one cruise prior to boarding we had to sit in a waiting area with many rows of chairs. On our last cruise, after check-in, they sent us directly to board. So it all may depend on the time you arrive, etc.

• Like 2

A quick update from our baseball weekend. First off what a wonderful place to play, down along the shoreside of Lake Ontario. 

This was the view to the Diamond. 

IMG_1326.thumb.jpeg.93a5d85bf72cad307f00f66d049fe7b7.jpeg

The lake was right behind us giving us cool breezes to lessen the stifling heat. 

IMG_1325.thumb.jpeg.38a01b7f292dc75de527928a4ca44c61.jpeg

Welcoming packages left out for each team. 

IMG_1327.thumb.jpeg.f096e7c9744768a843937762187c7c90.jpeg

Coaches doing coaching stuff. 

IMG_1329.thumb.jpeg.e622b265d10db2576c9ddcf39c09c967.jpeg

The host town is also a big Military town with a large Air Force base. We were on the runway path. All away teams were distracted at times by departures. 

IMG_1322.thumb.jpeg.6e5e1647115d15a4eef80b3de28e7c50.jpeg

This plane was dropping things. Can you see it?

IMG_1333.thumb.jpeg.eaaf1f976703df4b5ea7196489b0672c.jpeg

Parachutes away. 

IMG_1337.thumb.jpeg.3ca5381e606aacd891fe5a66d86daad1.jpeg

A little video. 

• Like 16

So now that you have the scenery, let’s talk about the baseball.  

Owen’s team is a D centre team and the coaches decided to play up in Provincials to compete against A centre teams for the challenge.  They played 6 games over three days and Owen’s team came in second place in the Province. 12 teams competed at the weekend tourney, and the only team that beat them won the tourney.  That team was the home town team, which had the easier draw, but it is what it is. We are so proud of all our boys. 

Quite the challenge when a small rural town with a population of less than 10K competes against towns with more than 100K plus and comes in second overall.

IMG_1359.thumb.jpeg.5a627ecae17b805238f3d499f5d90003.jpeg

From our association’s website. 

IMG_3121.jpeg.89bacb034c4557c3697d039748ccb62e.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 23

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen’s team is a D centre team and the coaches decided to play up in Provincials to compete against A centre teams for the challenge.  They played 6 games over three days and Owen’s team came in second place in the Province. 12 teams competed at the weekend tourney, and the only team that beat them won the tourney.  That team was the home town team, which had the easier draw, but it is what it is. We are so proud of all our boys. 

Quite the challenge when a small rural town with a population of less than 10K competes against towns with more than 100K plus and comes in second overall.

Talent and a lot of hard work helps  even the odds. Congratulations to Owen and his teammates. They showed what they’re made of!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congratulations👏🏼🙌🏼 to Owen and his team and coaches!! 🥳

After playing 6 games in 3 days!!! they must have been totally exhausted. Yet, they were able to come in second in the whole Province!! That was definitely a challenge, but also an amazing accomplishment!!!

Sue

• Like 3

Just a quick shout out from beautiful Celebrity Edge.

I’ll keep up with all the past week posts when back.

We’re trying hard to enjoy the cruise, while keeping daily in touch with Olivia (my cousin who underwent a surgery to remove a cancerous tumor from her lung).

Sweet and sour.

• Like 28

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We’re trying hard to enjoy the cruise, while keeping daily in touch with Olivia (my cousin who underwent a surgery to remove a cancerous tumor from her lung).

Sweet and sour.

Glad you are on the Edge Dani!  I hope you do enjoy your cruise ❤️

22 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Sweet and sour.

Hope your cousin is doing well and you & DH are able to enjoy the cruise. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on Edge as we’re on her in just a few weeks.  

• Like 2

On 9/3/2023 at 3:46 PM, Sea Dog said:

My knee injection has not worked very well which is what I was afraid of. Having a torn meniscus and torn ACL along with the arthritis is not helping with the injection. At this point I will suck it up and enjoy my cruise on October as much as I can and then get my replacement surgery November 3rd.

I hate to hear this... Hopefully the surgery will go as well this time as it did last time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

I hate to hear this... Hopefully the surgery will go as well this time as it did last time.

Thanks Dave my replaced knee is better each day. It will never be perfect or as good as it once was but if I can get my other knee to that level I’ll be happy. Just have to be patient as my right knee did not feel good till a year after surgery.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

@Momof3gurlzI was doing some flight searching today and noticed that JetBlue added a 6AM non-stop flight frim PVD to FLL this coming winter just as the did last winter. I'm very psyched about that. Just thought I'd let you know in case it is of use to you.

That’s good to know, thanks for the heads up. I really wish they’d keep those year round.  
My daughter had a great experience on Breeze Airways a few weeks ago to Orlando, even traveling with two toddlers.  I’m just leery of booking with an airline that has limited flights per day and flies from limited airports, just in case a flight gets cancelled and you really need to be somewhere (like a cruise ship lol).  At least with JetBlue & Southwest, you could always try to hop on something out of Boston or Hartford if need be. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Sweet and sour.

Dani, have smooth sails and a wonderful cruise.

Best wishes to your cousin for a successful prognosis.

On 9/4/2023 at 1:38 PM, DaniDanielle said:

I am looking at Oasis prices for this Sunday and they are reasonable.  We may have to put our doubts aside and book😳

On 9/4/2023 at 2:01 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I just looked and see a nice hump balcony on deck 8 for a reasonable price.     Go for it!

Wow, I just checked the fares and that is pretty good. Even airfare into New Jersey is good.  I wish I had some free time in the next few weeks I'd jump on board.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Getting ready to head to Cincinnati for our daughter's wedding this weekend.  I'll be offline for a few days.  As far as we can tell, everything is ready to go!  Put the finishing touches on my father of the bride toast yesterday.  My only concern at this point is the father-daughter dance.  My daughter went with I'll be your Man by the Zac Brown Band.  The lyrics are great but it's not a traditional slow dance (she doesn't want that) and the beat is somewhere between fast and slow.  I still have to figure out how to dance to that song.  🤷‍♂️🕺

Cheers to the Bride and Groom.   💕

Don't overthink the dancing, just go with the flow (maybe let your Daughter take the lead)😃

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

For those that have boarded lately in Bayonne(Cape Liberty), when checking in at the port? Do they come around with I-pads and checked you in or do they still do it the old way at the counters/desk?

I'm asking because we did not upload our pictures when checking in online. Just wondering where that is done at now in Bayonne Port?

If you have a JS or higher you can go to the far left where the counter is located for Pinns and Suites.    

We have sailed out of Bayonne many times and have never had issues with check in lines but we usually arrive around 12:30 / 1:00 pm for our check ins to avoid the early morning check in lines.   

The only area that uses the I-pads is the area for people that need wheelchair assistance to board (this is right next to the Pinns/Suites check in area).      

We never upload photos of ourselves online, we always have them take our pictures at the terminal.     

You must be getting excited for your first cruise in 4 years.   

On 9/4/2023 at 5:33 PM, brillohead said:

I just got the call that she passed this afternoon.  I'm sure there will be plenty of stories at the reunion this month.  

And yes, one of the DNA services actually said that my genes have longevity in them... they got that one right!

I am so sorry to hear that your great-aunt has passed, Debbie.  While she won't be telling you stories, as you said, there will be plenty of stories about this great lady.

I didn't realize that some DNA services mention familial longevity.

Several of my relatives on both side of my family have lived to be in their 90's.  My mom was 92 when she passed, but unfortunately, she suffered 2 strokes, the first at the age of 82.  She also had Macular Degeneration.😔  My Dad died at the age of 61, due to a work accident.  At least two of his brothers lived to their 90's.

On 9/4/2023 at 5:36 PM, brillohead said:

I think I'm going to get Storyworth or something similar for my biological father... so much history there!

I have been working on my Storyworth stories for our daughters.  It took me awhile before I got started, but I'm finally putting pen to paper with my stories.  Good idea, especially since many of the suggested questions will be about his growing up.

23 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We also were thinking of going to the Wreck Bar to see their Mermaid Show but the tickets are pretty expensive and the reviews are mixed.

Where is this located, Greg?  The Marlin Beach Hotel had Mermaids behind the bar, way before it became the "She" discotheque where I worked in the late '60's.  I don't even know if the Marlin Beach Hotel still exists.  It was across from the beach, on A1A, about a block from E. Las Olas Blvd.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Where is this located, Greg?  The Marlin Beach Hotel had Mermaids behind the bar, way before it became the "She" discotheque where I worked in the late '60's.  I don't even know if the Marlin Beach Hotel still exists.  It was across from the beach, on A1A, about a block from E. Las Olas Blvd.

It’s located at the B Ocean Resort so it could be the same place just under new owners. Here is their website:

https://www.boceanresort.com/dining/the-wreck-bar/

• Like 1