Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

53 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 1 , and I have to agree with both of you 😉

@bobmacliberty Heartfelt congratulations, sorry to be a bit late 💐

+2 @bobmacliberty  the photos look great.  Glad everything came off perfectly. Wishing many happy years to the new married couple.

52 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 1  @sgmn , @Sunshine3601

+2. Have a great cruise, and make sure you avoid Lee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/10/2023 at 3:32 PM, jmh2006 said:

Phew just caught up!  Had a wonderful weekend in Washington DC to attend a wedding of the son of dear friend’s!  Even though it was hit and a bit rainy yesterday we had a fabulous time!  375EB0C1-58C0-40A5-BB61-2895C39AC636.thumb.jpeg.c80f60a6114da74436d2c4ce1fc20acd.jpeg

Beautiful picture of you both.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

I'm finding it very hot too,  though everywhere has air con.  We did the riverwalk yesterday too, around 11am to 3pm . I sat out at the pool after for an hour but it was too hot even in the shade 😎 

Today we took the free trolley to the Aquarium and then did an hour cruise in the bay. A fabulous nature speaker on board and we saw dolphins 🐬.  Just got back to hotel after walking back which was very hot.

20230911_133455.thumb.jpg.aa2fa7a4d4926880be0ff3dc15ab707e.jpg

20230911_131039.thumb.jpg.a1b7c4b1cbe207d81d873cd3b4a4cd7d.jpg

20230911_121014.thumb.jpg.328096b94b8c5d47d898f60a66c408c5.jpg

Yes, today's feel like temp was 108f.   Someone told us felt better than a couple weeks ago.  

We had a nice day.   Took trolley to Ybor city and walked around for a bit.

Was empty but it is Monday.   Our friends say some people think it has a bourbon street vibe, New Orleans.    Had a nice lunch at a Cafe.  

20230911_115010.jpg

20230911_114948.jpg

• Like 10

We thought about doing the aquarium wish we had.   

Sounds like you had a nice day exploring.

After wandering around in the heat we went to our pool, water was nice and had a decent breeze from waterfront.

We have an 1130 check in but will probably wait to noon or so to leave our hotel.  4 minute drive to terminal 3.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We are back in Florida after a fantastic wedding weekend.  Other than Micheline's sister's family not being able to attend, everything went flawlessly.  The ceremony and reception were at Pinecroft at Crosley Estate, which was the estate of Powell Crosley Jr.  Among other things, he was the owner of the Cincinnati Reds.  The ceremony was outdoors in the garden area.  We took all of the photos before the ceremony and it got a little warm sitting in the sun.  Right before the guests began to arrive, it got a little overcast with a slight breeze and the weather ended up being perfect.

The reception was in a large pavilion and was decorated beautifully.  The DJ was incredible and the most important thing that my daughter wanted...a light up dance floor...was the hit of the night.  There were a few slower dances, but it was pretty much non-stop dancing for 3+ hours.  Both my daughter and son-in-law (still sounds weird saying that) have a large group of great "kids" as friends wholove to have a good time.  They are all so incredibly polite.  It didn't hurt that most of the girls there were dancers, including two who are currently Cincinnati Ben-Gal cheerleaders.  I'm a little biased but it was probably the most fun wedding I've been to (although many other people agreed).  

The Father-Daughter dance went great.  After a few practice steps with my daughter the day before, I easily got the rhythm and added a few spins and other moves.   I was fully focused on my daughter and didn't even think about everyone else there but when I got back to our table, all of the women were crying.  I guess that's a good thing.  😁 

Most of the upstairs of the estate was the bridal suite with separate rooms for hair/make-up, dressing, etc.  The Groom's suite was in a really cool basement area with a bank vault door that hid a wine cellar that was used during prohibition days.   One of the upstairs rooms was reserved for the fathers.  I didn't take a lot of pictures but got a few of the estate and ceremony area before the guests arrived. 

The bride looking out one of the windows of her suite

FullSizeRender.thumb.JPEG.3880667456e9ff0e991da6c1a3d14564.JPEG

Looking down from the fathers room while the bride and groom "privately" (while mic'd and being recorded by 2 videographers and 2 photographers) shared vows

IMG_0756.thumb.jpg.e9e36df2895df351708ea3338ddbf294.jpg

Wedding party pictures by the rear of the main house.

IMG_0758.thumb.jpg.169e34c73f8638d2495509dc0b730eea.jpg

The walk up this aisle with my daughter both seemed to take a long time and was over in an instant

IMG_0760.thumb.jpg.c8696212b2f50a17709a9f440d866f28.jpg

I stole a couple of pictures from other people...the first dance:

IMG_0056.thumb.jpg.063707c19d4a2314f1b002dcae50ffd3.jpg

The Father-Daughter dance (no video 😉)

IMG_0058.thumb.jpeg.7f067a0eef332bec926c005244582b71.jpeg

Dance floor fun after a few drinks.  The bride seems happy. 😁

IMG_0046.thumb.JPEG.aa645034b648524d5818b5e991e35e57.JPEG

We had a 50 person rehearsal dinner on Thursday night, the wedding on Friday night, and then Micheline and I toured our family through some of the history of Cincinnati and finished with dinner in a restaurant room overlooking Great American Ballpark where the Reds had a home game and there were fans everywhere.  Way, WAY too much food and drink over 3 days.  Time to give my stomach and my liver a break.

Fantastic pictures, but need to let your liver rest after tonight’s game against the Jets .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We are back in Florida after a fantastic wedding weekend.  Other than Micheline's sister's family not being able to attend, everything went flawlessly.  The ceremony and reception were at Pinecroft at Crosley Estate, which was the estate of Powell Crosley Jr.  Among other things, he was the owner of the Cincinnati Reds.  The ceremony was outdoors in the garden area.  We took all of the photos before the ceremony and it got a little warm sitting in the sun.  Right before the guests began to arrive, it got a little overcast with a slight breeze and the weather ended up being perfect.

The reception was in a large pavilion and was decorated beautifully.  The DJ was incredible and the most important thing that my daughter wanted...a light up dance floor...was the hit of the night.  There were a few slower dances, but it was pretty much non-stop dancing for 3+ hours.  Both my daughter and son-in-law (still sounds weird saying that) have a large group of great "kids" as friends wholove to have a good time.  They are all so incredibly polite.  It didn't hurt that most of the girls there were dancers, including two who are currently Cincinnati Ben-Gal cheerleaders.  I'm a little biased but it was probably the most fun wedding I've been to (although many other people agreed).  

The Father-Daughter dance went great.  After a few practice steps with my daughter the day before, I easily got the rhythm and added a few spins and other moves.   I was fully focused on my daughter and didn't even think about everyone else there but when I got back to our table, all of the women were crying.  I guess that's a good thing.  😁 

Most of the upstairs of the estate was the bridal suite with separate rooms for hair/make-up, dressing, etc.  The Groom's suite was in a really cool basement area with a bank vault door that hid a wine cellar that was used during prohibition days.   One of the upstairs rooms was reserved for the fathers.  I didn't take a lot of pictures but got a few of the estate and ceremony area before the guests arrived. 

Looking down from the fathers room while the bride and groom "privately" (while mic'd and being recorded by 2 videographers and 2 photographers) shared vows

The walk up this aisle with my daughter both seemed to take a long time and was over in an instant

We had a 50 person rehearsal dinner on Thursday night, the wedding on Friday night, and then Micheline and I toured our family through some of the history of Cincinnati and finished with dinner in a restaurant room overlooking Great American Ballpark where the Reds had a home game and there were fans everywhere.  Way, WAY too much food and drink over 3 days.  Time to give my stomach and my liver a break.

Gorgeous bride and everything else looks Perfect.   Happy to hear all went well and you all had a fabulous weekend.

Yes, your Daughter does look very happy.

I wish them many years of love and happiness.💞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@bobmacliberty thank you for sharing photos from your daughter’s wedding weekend.  Pleased you had lovely weather, your dad & daughter dance was so special & everyone had fun.  

All the photos are lovely but that first one of your daughter & her beautiful wedding dress is special.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Wow!  Amazing looking venue and your daughter’s dress was stunning!  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/10/2023 at 8:01 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I love fog horns, too.

We’re one deck down and three cabins behind the bridge. I thought it would be louder, but it sounds muffled. I guess I need to go out on the balcony when it’s going off.

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Susan received some bad news.   Her cousin was killed in a motorcycle crash this weekend.  He was 57.

It seems I have known far too many people that have lost their lives in bike crashes.

Sorry to hear about Susan’s cousin.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We’re one deck down and three cabins behind the bridge. I thought it would be louder, but it sounds muffled. I guess I need to go out on the balcony when it’s going off.

Outside and forward of the mast is the place to get the full affect of the horn. I speak from experience.🙂

• Haha 4

Seen today - 2 beautiful pods of dolphins, 1 whale which we heard before we saw, 2 lorikeets nesting in a gum tree, 2 corellas and a galah fighting over a nest hollow in a gum tree.  Still on the lookout for:89136A23-7ABC-430D-9E48-9BDD6143343D.thumb.jpeg.dd2d485ed3f3d944fbc8c382e4b159fb.jpeg

Have seen signs on trees stating Koala seen here recently and flashing roads warning drivers that “koalas are on the move” in the area but no sightings today whilst walking  in the National Park.

Beautiful afternoon at the beach though.11E7DEB9-63A1-4841-AE4D-9D8AB6102B1F.thumb.jpeg.6c68a594b6fd2861a5e5c99a925e7bc0.jpeg

• Like 15

10 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Fantastic photos of lovely people and a nice venue.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Oh Wow, wonderful photos and a beautiful bride. What a day to remember for always.  Congratulations to your daughter and new son-in-law 👏 ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Seen today - 2 beautiful pods of dolphins, 1 whale which we heard before we saw, 2 lorikeets nesting in a gum tree, 2 corellas and a galah fighting over a nest hollow in a gum tree.  Still on the lookout for:89136A23-7ABC-430D-9E48-9BDD6143343D.thumb.jpeg.dd2d485ed3f3d944fbc8c382e4b159fb.jpeg

Have seen signs on trees stating Koala seen here recently and flashing roads warning drivers that “koalas are on the move” in the area but no sightings today whilst walking  in the National Park.

Beautiful afternoon at the beach though.11E7DEB9-63A1-4841-AE4D-9D8AB6102B1F.thumb.jpeg.6c68a594b6fd2861a5e5c99a925e7bc0.jpeg

How lucky to see such amazing wildlife and beautiful pic of the beach 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sincere condolences to Susan & you for your loss, @h20skibum.  

Congratulations,  Bob @bobmacliberty on your daughter’s wedding.  Everything looked beautiful.  Particularly the wedding gown and the beautiful shot of your daughter looking out the window.  And of course, the father/daughter dance.

Have a wonderful cruise, @sgmn, @Sunshine3601, @Arzeena and @Momof3gurlz.  I hope I didn’t miss anybody.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3