Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

33 minutes ago, George C said:

You can tell it’s getting cooler in Dallas, the Canadian geese have returned to the park a block from our house. Tomorrow is Veterans Day here , many restaurants offer free meals , will definitely take advantage of that . 

Veterans deserve our thanks and gratitude for serving our country.  Hope you enjoy your meal.

It's a balmy mid 50s right now going up to 60s.  People here who never experienced real cold winters are wearing puffy winter jackets today.  I'm just wearing a long sleeve top.  

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I got excited for a second.  I just looked and our Utopia is September 30.  It would of been so cool cruising with you!

I wonder if they will have Todd Rundgren music playing on Utopia. 

That would have been nice.  We booked three OV balconies beside each other, and we are taking our three grandkids along, as well as our daughter and her husband.  It will be the first time cruising for all of them, except for my daughter.  We took her on a cruise when she was 10 or 11, and she got really sea sick.   We finally convinced her to take one of these short cruises on a big ship, with a port every day.   I hope it works out well.  Everyone else has been begging to go on a cruise, and I think the grandkids will have a blast.

Our plan will be to take our California grandson to Disney for a few days, either before or after the cruise.  Since our daughter and her family were there last year, and plan to stop this Christmas to see the lights before joining us at the house, they will be off to do something else.

I hope the water park prices go down before the cruise.   Everything for those early Utopia sailings is high.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I got excited for a second.  I just looked and our Utopia is September 30.  It would of been so cool cruising with you!

I wonder if they will have Todd Rundgren music playing on Utopia. 

We saw Todd Rundgren on a 70’s cruise charter a couple of years ago he was fantastic, he even jammed with the other artists and saw him in the martini bar .

• Like 3

3 hours ago, George C said:

We saw Todd Rundgren on a 70’s cruise charter a couple of years ago he was fantastic, he even jammed with the other artists and saw him in the martini bar .

I would of enjoyed that.  He was one of my favorites.  I got to enjoy him in concert in the early 70s. I will never forget after the concert he board a helicopter and hung out the door waving at the fans.  He was one of the musicians that inspired me to buy a synthesizer .

• Like 3

5 hours ago, George C said:

Tomorrow is Veterans Day here 

We have Remembrance Day tomorrow, 2 minutes silence at 11am on the 11 Nov. Originally to commemorate when the guns fell silent after WW1 but then expanded to honour all the dead and wounded from subsequent wars and battles. On Sunday there are Remembrance services in all the churches and a national service at the Cenotaph in London.  Gary sells poppies each year for the Royal British Legion,  one of our main military charities 

IMG-20231029-WA0005.thumb.jpg.0fde5e869b63a47973e9a98559291341.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I would of enjoyed that.  He was one of my favorites.  I got to enjoy him in concert in the early 70s. I will never forget after the concert he board a helicopter and hung out the door waving at the fans.  He was one of the musicians that inspired me to buy a synthesizer .

We saw him a little over a year ago we had VIP first row tickets and had our picture taken with him and other musicians had a T-shirt from his previous concert which he told us he liked , we will see him anytime he. Is around here . I need to post that picture.

• Like 2

It has been a couple busy days for me, interacting with the medical community.. Yesterday was my annual wellness check up, and I still know how to put numbers on a clock and show the hands properly.  

Today, I had a stress test that was scheduled by my cardiologist.  I never had one before, and was shocked when the hospital called and said to plan on being there for 4 or 5 hours.  I found out there was a lot more involved than just hopping on the treadmill.  When the nurse had me take my shirt off so she could hook up all the wires, she said I looked really fit and should have no problem with the treadmill.  Made my heart feel good, because I have been working at it since my grandson went home.  Now the wait till next week for the results, but they say I did good.

So after all this, what to do?  I came home and booked that Princess cruise I was looking at.  The new Sun Princess in January, 2025.  I may actually get some of my cruise excitement back.    We have sailed Crown, Coral, and Grand before, and it will be interesting to be on their newest ship.  

• Like 19

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

The Baileys sounds delicious. Are you still going to make Chocolate Martinis?

Congratulations to Owen and the team. Bravo!

Thanks Graham. Things are a lot better today.

No I had to scratch the chocolate martinis. Not sure if it’s folks gearing up for the holidays or continuing supply issues but I couldn’t find chocolate liqueur at 3 different stores I tried.  I have an almost full bottle of Baileys so I’m making Bailey’s martinis instead.  I appreciate you sharing your recipe and if I can ever get my hands on some chocolate liqueur I’ll give it a try.  

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

No I had to scratch the chocolate martinis. Not sure if it’s folks gearing up for the holidays or continuing supply issues but I couldn’t find chocolate liqueur at 3 different stores I tried.  I have an almost full bottle of Baileys so I’m making Bailey’s martinis instead.  I appreciate you sharing your recipe and if I can ever get my hands on some chocolate liqueur I’ll give it a try.  

Im sure the Baileys Martinis will be good. Weird that the stores didn’t have it.

Just now, Luckynana said:

@Sea Dog  How are you feeling, Greg?  Hopefully feeling better each day!

Good! Constipation now over. Therapy went good. No opioid pain medication since Wednesday. Hopefully get catheter out on Monday. This knee is way ahead of where I was with my first knee.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Good! Constipation now over. Therapy went good. No opioid pain medication since Wednesday. Hopefully get catheter out on Monday. This knee is way ahead of where I was with my first knee.

Wow!!  Good news all around! 🥰

• Like 3