Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If anyone liked the TV Series Frasier there is now a revival of the series on Paramount+   We just watched the first 2 episodes and really enjoyed.  

Frasier is one of my all time favorite shows.  Perfectly cast, witty & well written right up to the end. 

I was wondering how the reboot would fare. Glad to hear positive things as i was afraid  it might be just a shell of its former itself with an entire new cast.  I'll need to check it out.

• Like 4

I don't know if anyone here is a Stephen King fan? My newer favorite author is Chuck Wendig , who is pretty much of the same caliber as SK as an author. I have read most of his books. "Wanderers was very good, as was the sequel. They are long, really sink your teeth into scary (but not super scary) novels. 

His newest novel is "Black River Orchard". I am about a third of the way through it. It is about mysterious (creepy) apples, but most of the story is set in Bucks County, and the Lehigh Valley, so it might be interesting for PA readers. ☺️ 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Most memorable finale of a comedy tv show was Newhart when Suzanne Pleshette and Bob Newhart wake up in their bedroom from the 1st Bob Newhart Show.  Bob says he had a dream that he was a Vermont Inn Keeper.  So clever.

I think this ending was one of the best for any comedy show, so fitting.   "Sure ! Where? " Was glad Chandler got the final line too.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Special tasting before dessert. Rum aged in whiskey barrels. Hasn't been released to the public. Very interesting taste.

20231111_225452.thumb.jpg.4f8b2571b288d50a3e0f25a077a07d7b.jpg

Seconds please.

20231111_225649.thumb.jpg.ad7fac365361d0cbd6e397ca13f1e7f2.jpg

Interestibg that they did it in a peated whisky cask. I’ll have to look for it. How did you like Esotico?

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So right now I'm watching a Hallmark movie called Mystic Christmas. It was filmed in Mystic Ct. Thought I'd watch it to see the local locations. So my question is how can these Hallmark movies be so painful to watch and how can my mother like this channel so much?😦

Many like to drink wine while watching, not saying this is your mom though. It might explain liking the channel.

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And here is the official Mystic Pizza crew's jacket...

20231111_213438.thumb.jpg.0877a20d34f80dbc45b4688d420cdec1.jpg

Pretty cool.  Hopefully Taylor doesn’t find out, because she’ll write a jealous song about Julia. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I'm so tired from all the drinking/tasting.

Blasphemy!!

I just read this great line in the new Jack Reacher book…..

”And you know the two best words in the English language.  Free alcohol.  Not to be confused with the worst two words.  Alcohol free.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

I don't know if anyone here is a Stephen King fan? My newer favorite author is Chuck Wendig , who is pretty much of the same caliber as SK as an author. I have read most of his books. "Wanderers was very good, as was the sequel. They are long, really sink your teeth into scary (but not super scary) novels. 

His newest novel is "Black River Orchard". I am about a third of the way through it. It is about mysterious (creepy) apples, but most of the story is set in Bucks County, and the Lehigh Valley, so it might be interesting for PA readers. ☺️ 

I heard about this book release but have not heard if it is any good.   Please let me know if you liked it when done.  Being from Bucks county I may have to put on list for Santa.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Most likely it was filmed in Canada where all of them are filmed. Lower productions costs for Hallmark who cranks out the formula driven movies for 30 movies each season. Yes the plots are predictable but I like them and watch them. I’m not expecting Gone with the Wind. They are what they are a Christmas spirit feel good movie. No sad endings and all is right in the end. Call me stupid if you like but they obviously have their viewers as it’s a huge cash cow for my local town business Hallmark. I’m happy to support them.

No, you are not stupid, NEVER....you are just a gentle loving bear with a good heart. And I am happy to know you online now and happier to meet you.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

No, you are not stupid, NEVER....you are just a gentle loving bear with a good heart. And I am happy to know you online now and happier to meet you.

Thank you so much. I can’t tell you how much that means to me. I am a big teddy bear. Trust me I get kidded a lot about being a softy but I like to think it as I am just compassionate for others. Yes I love Christmas and watch all the Hallmark Christmas movies and cry at the end. My wife loves that about me. I’m just as much as a man as anyone else. I just can tune into my feelings more which I hope makes me a better person. I know I’m not perfect but I try everyday to be a better me.

• Like 19

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So right now I'm watching a Hallmark movie called Mystic Christmas. It was filmed in Mystic Ct. Thought I'd watch it to see the local locations. So my question is how can these Hallmark movies be so painful to watch and how can my mother like this channel so much?😦

Just like "Harlequin" style romance books.  Very formulaic, but sell very well.  Some people like predictability in their entertainment life to off-set the utter chaos of their real life.

I watched the tv show "Battle Creek" with Josh Duhamel because I grew up in Battle Creek (Michigan).  A very few rare scenes were actually filmed in the area, and the entire show was entirely un-Battle-Creek-ish in every way, shape, and form.  

I wasn't surprised when it was announced before the end of the first season that there wouldn't be a second season.  

To give you an idea, there was a murder where someone was drowned in a vat of maple syrup, and to catch the killer they made another huge batch of maple syrup in the space of less than a week, including tapping the trees, gathering the sap, and boiling it down.... AND IT WASN'T EVEN SPRINGTIME!!!!  I forget if it was summer or fall (I want to say fall), but it definitely was NOT sap-running season!

Also, in the opening scene, a main character brought a box of donuts in a pink pastry box to work.... there aren't any donut shops in Battle Creek that have pink boxes.  Disappointment right from the very first scene.... especially since we have a multiple national award-winning donut shop here that they could have promoted!!!

I have the same problems watching pretty much any show with a medical scene (I'm sure OB and Lionesss can relate).  Every show/movie will have a "medical consultant" listed in the credits, but I swear that they never allow the person to give any input to the script or scene settings.  Hollywood is probably one of the biggest contributors to health illiteracy in this country -- don't believe ANYthing you see in a tv show or movie!!!

• Like 8

On 11/9/2023 at 3:26 PM, h20skibum said:

And here I was hoping to see some sale prices for our August cruise, when we are taking the grandkids along. 

IMG_9301.thumb.jpeg.cc36ade3686421a8b4c0ed611351de81.jpeg

IMG_9302.thumb.jpeg.38ff379cf84ebb08efddadbd73767e05.jpeg

Somehow, I don’t think those are good sale prices.  

It blows my mind that people will actually pay those prices for Coco Cay, but they probably balk at spending that much at other places. 

There's an amusement park a couple hours from me that includes a decent collection of rollercoasters and other rides plus includes a water park that is probably three times the size of the one at Coco Cay, and that admission is only $40pp, or an annual pass for $105.  If they charged $150+/day, they'd go out of business in a heartbeat, even though they offer *so* much more than Thrill Waterpark does.

And $270 to spend maybe eight hours at the beach club, and it doesn't even include free drinks????  Don't even get me started....

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you so much. I can’t tell you how much that means to me. I am a big teddy bear. Trust me I get kidded a lot about being a softy but I like to think it as I am just compassionate for others. Yes I love Christmas and watch all the Hallmark Christmas movies and cry at the end. My wife loves that about me. I’m just as much as a man as anyone else. I just can tune into my feelings more which I hope makes me a better person. I know I’m not perfect but I try everyday to be a better me.

Greg, you have exhibited a kind and caring heart in here numerous times.  That says it all.  Linda knows!

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

You are perfect Mr. Bear! 😁. I am sure Mrs Bear (Linda) is as affectionate.

I am looking forward to meeting the two of you so much.

And if it helps, RJ always has teary eyes at the end of a sentimental movie especially when people come together in the end!

• Like 1