Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

When I started my I.T. career in the 80's, we took turns having the beeper, on-call on week at a time.  No remote connectivity during off hours so you'd have to drive into the office to fix the problem.  That's always fun at 2 am on a winters night. At the time, it was a 25-30 minute drive for me.  One weekend was really bad & I had to go into the office on 4 or 5 different occasions. Next time it was my turn, my boss took pity on me & booked a hotel across the street from the office, all food and drinks paid & I could have my future DW stay with me too, with all her food and drinks paid.

My first career job was COBOL programmer on IBM mainframes. Hate those SC07 (bad data) and having to read hexadecimal dumps (aka Egyptian Hieroglyphics ) .....at the aforementioned 2 am winter night. And the dozens of 500 page IBM manuals were useless.

I have a couple old manuals that I need to throw out , my company put me up at a very nice hotel across the street when they thought we would have a ice storm when we just moved to Dallas . My problem was I would solve some problems on the phone in the middle of the night and not remember how I did it to write a report, did I mention I like to drink. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I remember back in the late 80's and early 90's you only had a pager if you were a doctor, a salesman or a drug dealer.

I would always joke that if my pager went off while in a public place, I would loudly talk into my Timex wristwatch while cupping my ear with my other hand - pretending to have a ear piece I guess - and say "Tell The President he'll just have to wait until I get there" 😀

• Haha 14

42 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

If I take a picture I can insert it…it’s just photos I’ve already taken and are attempting to add via my Library that don’t load.  Any ideas?

If they are not in jpeg format you might have to look for a program that can convert them in order to post them to CC. Check the extension (the area after the . to see what format the files are in.

I know when I bought my present car I had to convert some of my audio files from wmv to mp3 for the car's audio system to recognize them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

I have a couple old manuals that I need to throw out , my company put me up at a very nice hotel across the street when they thought we would have a ice storm when we just moved to Dallas . My problem was I would solve some problems on the phone in the middle of the night and not remember how I did it to write a report, did I mention I like to drink. 

I too have a bunch if old manuals, boxed away, Out of sight and out of mind.

And I can very well relate to your problem. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

If I take a picture I can insert it…it’s just photos I’ve already taken and are attempting to add via my Library that don’t load.  Any ideas?

Are your photos only on iCloud? Make sure in Settings/Photos that download and keep originals is checked. I have both iCloud and download and keep originals are selected.

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Damn cat just walked into the den and vomits on a throw rug that is surrounded by easy to clean hardwood floors.😡

Obviously, Jade is displeased with you.  You must've done something of offend her and must seek forgiveness immediately. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

I had a very interesting day today. In the early afternoon my friend fro HS who I last saw 60 plus years ago came to my house for a visit .We reminisced about our school days,people we knew and those who we are still in contact with.We discussed what we perceived we would do n life as far as vocations and what actually became.

Later in the day my granddaughter who came home from college today for the Thanksgiving holiday came to visit and brought me a gift from the Coach of her college’s Men’s Basketball team.A beautiful poster of the Coaches and all the players which each one signed next to their picture in a beautiful frame.

My daughter hung it on a wall in my den.

• Like 13

All this talk about beeper and overnight abends sure brings back memories, both DH and I did that for too many years.  With the system I worked on in the late 80s you were guaranteed to be called at least 1 night during your week.  Many times I was still there when people started coming in the next day.  Started as a COBOL IMS programmer.  Fortunately moved up and over to the business side, one of the biggest advantages was not being on call anymore.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Can't believe I am admitting to this but we are watching a Hallmark Christmas movie called Navigating Christmas. In my defense I only agreed to it because it involves a lighthouse. God, I'm so embarrassed.🥺

There is still time to delete this post.

• Haha 9

@helen haywood

Maybe this will work...
Copy the OLD photos from Photos and move those copies to the Files app.

Open the Files app and tap On my iPhone.
image.thumb.png.15a33769555339031c250e19e2df5923.png

Make a new folder by holding down your finger until a black bar appears. Tap New Folder and give it a name.
image.thumb.png.94520013570dea5cd42c29676ae35042.png

Jump over to the Photos app and find the old photos you want to convert. Select them and tap the Share menu. Select Copy Photo.
image.thumb.png.40693897679d0caea3e3d117afd72cd7.png

Go back to your newly created folder in Files, hold down your finger on the screen, and when the black bar comes up, tap Paste. When the photos appear, they will be in JPG format.
Try posting these new photos from the new file.   Hope it works!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Can't believe I am admitting to this but we are watching a Hallmark Christmas movie called Navigating Christmas. In my defense I only agreed to it because it involves a lighthouse. God, I'm so embarrassed.🥺

Saw this the other day.  I enjoy them but yes they are all basically the same.

FB_IMG_1700185312828.jpg.f700991d0a0adfab90a438da9da7beb6.jpg

• Haha 19

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@helen haywood

Maybe this will work...
Copy the OLD photos from Photos and move those copies to the Files app.

Open the Files app and tap On my iPhone.
image.thumb.png.15a33769555339031c250e19e2df5923.png

Make a new folder by holding down your finger until a black bar appears. Tap New Folder and give it a name.
image.thumb.png.94520013570dea5cd42c29676ae35042.png

Jump over to the Photos app and find the old photos you want to convert. Select them and tap the Share menu. Select Copy Photo.
image.thumb.png.40693897679d0caea3e3d117afd72cd7.png

Go back to your newly created folder in Files, hold down your finger on the screen, and when the black bar comes up, tap Paste. When the photos appear, they will be in JPG format.
Try posting these new photos from the new file.   Hope it works!

Oh yeah, I-phone navigation makes much more sense than Android.😅

• Haha 11