Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@helen haywood If nothing is working for you, why not just take a screenshot of the photo and post the screenshot.  I believe screenshots are all in jpg format. 

I did this a lot on my live review. The file sizes We’re so much smaller and faster to upload.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Since we were going to be gone, long before Christmas, we debated how much decorating to do.  Initially, Susan said, “Let’s just put up the small pencil tree in the family room.”  Ok, that is fine with me. 

IMG_9355.thumb.jpeg.b8abd12892b0790e0813459246f40c9f.jpeg

Then she said, “Oh, since we will celebrate with the grandkids in a couple weeks, we better put up the living room tree.  And put up the legos, because they like to play with those.”  Ok, didn’t plan on that, but….

IMG_9358.thumb.jpeg.b7fe134ac04c895988f1f265d33c32c5.jpeg

Then I said, “Stop, or pretty soon we will look like this”

Anyhow, decorating is done.  I hope!

Beautiful and well worth the extra effort!

• Like 1

@brillohead I agree wholeheartedly that gift giving can get out of hand.  We only give gifts to our daughters, SIL’s, the grandkids and my MIL who is the only one of our parents still with us.  The girls & SIL’s always get a little cash because who can’t use that, but I like to have “something under the tree” for them to open as well. That’s where I drive myself crazy because it can’t be a sweater or shirt, etc.  One year it was cocktail smokers for the SIL’s, another year it was leather sunglass straps engraved with their initials.  The girls usually get a couple of books or cookbooks or a unique piece of jewelry.  For the grandkids, we follow the rule of “something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read”.  The kids don’t buy us gifts per we - they give us framed photos of the grandkids which is perfect.  So we’re really not overdoing it with gifting, it’s more that I put pressure on myself by wanting their gift to be different/something they’d probably not buy for themselves.  Maybe I should consider that they would just like a new sweater 🤣🤪!!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Guys, I appreciate all the advise.  I’m going to try @Ozark_Kid multi-step hieroglyphics …followed by trying to find out how to do a screenshot.  I found some YouTube videos…that said to simultaneously hold down the power and top volume keys…which results in my phone powering down.  

This reminds me of learning bridge when told in no-trump to first “pull your losers”. ?!?! 🤔

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@brillohead I agree wholeheartedly that gift giving can get out of hand.  We only give gifts to our daughters, SIL’s, the grandkids and my MIL who is the only one of our parents still with us.  The girls & SIL’s always get a little cash because who can’t use that, but I like to have “something under the tree” for them to open as well. That’s where I drive myself crazy because it can’t be a sweater or shirt, etc.  One year it was cocktail smokers for the SIL’s, another year it was leather sunglass straps engraved with their initials.  The girls usually get a couple of books or cookbooks or a unique piece of jewelry.  For the grandkids, we follow the rule of “something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read”.  The kids don’t buy us gifts per we - they give us framed photos of the grandkids which is perfect.  So we’re really not overdoing it with gifting, it’s more that I put pressure on myself by wanting their gift to be different/something they’d probably not buy for themselves.  Maybe I should consider that they would just like a new sweater 🤣🤪!!  

Same here, Deb!  Pretty much how our Christmas's have become, and mainly focus on the grandchildren, and not as extravagantly as we once did.  The important thing is that we are all together and enjoy each other so much, especially now that our grandchildren have grown and have such busy lives themselves, we have been having what we call "Cousin Christmas" which we celebrate a few days before Christmas.  This tradition began once our fourth grandchild was born, and we felt each child should be in their own home on Christmas morning with the excitement that Santa had been there.  Our first three grandchildren all lived in Connecticut, and we would travel there.  Although our oldest is now 22 and on her own living in the City, they, as well as Jim and I, all look forward to our "Cousin Christmas and being all together.  After all, that's what Christmas is all about!🎄

I come from a large family..I had 7 siblings, Jim had 1, lots of nieces and nephews as a result of a large family.  Luckily, we stopped all of the gift giving and sharing years ago with family members, other than with our daughters, SIL's, and grandchildren.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Guys, I appreciate all the advise.  I’m going to try @Ozark_Kid multi-step hieroglyphics …followed by trying to find out how to do a screenshot.  I found some YouTube videos…that said to simultaneously hold down the power and top volume keys…which results in my phone powering down.  

This reminds me of learning bridge when told in no-trump to first “pull your losers”. ?!?! 🤔

Do you have an Apple Store in your area, just go there they will help you out.

14 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

You must be so very proud.  He is one handsome guy!

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

What a handsome guy.  Jackson, the world is waiting for you!!

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

What a handsome young man.  How wonderful for you to see your grandchildren doing so well.

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Lots to be proud of there.  I hope your grandson’s play went well.

Thank you Marietta, Bonnie, Aussie and Mark.  Jack is such a great and loving grandson.  He is a very hard working young man who is dedicated to making videos and has been winning awards for his school.  He has been looking into Colleges geared to his career goals.  He does make us so very proud!  Thank you again for all of your well wishes!🥰

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I did it!!  I went to the picture and said I wanted to add it to a file and here we are!!!!  Take THAT, Steve Jobs!!!!

-PMDy4EuSrubqh3GMCZ6LQ.jpg

Well done, Marian!  I've only learned to post the last picture I'd taken on my phone.  Anything older than that, forget it!  lol!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, helen haywood said:

If I take a picture I can insert it…it’s just photos I’ve already taken and are attempting to add via my Library that don’t load.  Any ideas?

I have an iPhone14 Pro. I’ll try to attach a photo from my library. 
And I have IOS17. 

IMG_5562.jpeg

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My husband was upset that he bought my first cellphone and I didn’t carry it in my purse. 
it was the size and weight of a brick!

it was an Ericsson. Long time ago. 

I'm guessing all of our first cellphones were big, heavy monsters!  I never carried mine around, and the one time I really needed it was when I was in an accident with my car.  After that, it became a fixture in my pocketbook.  I very, very rarely used it, though! 

Certainly not like we all do everyday with all of the features on our phones that we all have nowadays!😁

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jagsfan said:

My husband was upset that he bought my first cellphone and I didn’t carry it in my purse. 
it was the size and weight of a brick!

it was an Ericsson. Long time ago. 

I remember going from a Motorola Bag Phone, to Blackberry to flip phone to Nokia 8210 to iPhone.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I have an iPhone14 Pro. I’ll try to attach a photo from my library. 
And I have IOS17. 

IMG_5562.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Great shot of the Allure, Mimi!

Looks so much better then those silly ships with the crazy slides on the back.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Vibe said:

This brings back memories. I remember in College using a key punch machine to write my COBOL programs for the compiler.

I started my first job printing on IBM 1403 printers then running multi part paper through a decolator and forms through a burster. Then a Xerox 9700 . I worked as a Computer Operator on IBM 4341 4381 and 3090. MVS/XA JES2

I am retiring soon, At my current employer for almost 35 years, so much has changed. I’m currently supporting the Data Center Infrastructure and the Support Center. When we hire new techs, I give them a history of our legacy systems that we used, 

A friend of mine in HS aspired to get a job in the computer field.I told him that computers will never replace humans .In my college graduating class only one person majored in Computer Science.Oh my,how things have changed.

• Like 6