Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yes sports package black no chrome red trim on mirrors race red. Couldn’t pick a color last year so figured race red was the answer. LEER cap with Thule bars. Not sure I will ever put anything up there. Trying to make it look like I am no an old man. Probably a fail.  🤪

Maybe a flow board?😉

11 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I like the cap but can't get one myself.  I need the access to the 5th wheel hitch and don't want to have to be taking to cap on and off.  Years ago I got an 2003 F350 in burnt orange.  I had the body shop paint the mirrors to match the truck and have always like that look. You had me outside looking at my truck today thinking about getting it done. 🙂 

It wouldn't be a big change for most people since the truck is already charcoal grey but I still think it'll look cooler. 

Up until or newest F250 we have always had a 5th wheel hitch since 1988. We have used rolling soft covers as well as hard roll up covers.  It would have been nice to have had a fiberglass one, but it was never in the cards. 

11 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Laramie is the dodge equivalent to the Lariat with Ford isn't it?

Yes, I meant to say Lariat. I must be hanging with the wrong crows to have that vernacular. 😉😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We must be doing something wrong.  Just saw a news piece that people spend an average of $61 to feed 10 at Thanksgiving.  Ok, that would mean we should spend about $85 to feed the 14 we expect.  

HaHa, maybe Royal can do that, but not us.  We are already between $250 and $300, and that doesn’t include what dishes others are bringing.  of course, we probably have many more “extras” they wouldn’t consider in their calculations. 

I have a hard time relating to this. Just asked Lisa and she just laughed. 

Either that or food is really cheap in the states, or they aren’t eating a traditional Thanksgiving meal.  Just a ham and the fixings as a possibility. A turkey here in Canada is approximately $35 to $40 when exchanged into American funds. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We must be doing something wrong.  Just saw a news piece that people spend an average of $61 to feed 10 at Thanksgiving.  Ok, that would mean we should spend about $85 to feed the 14 we expect.  

HaHa, maybe Royal can do that, but not us.  We are already between $250 and $300, and that doesn’t include what dishes others are bringing.  of course, we probably have many more “extras” they wouldn’t consider in their calculations. 

I have spent more than $61 and I am not even bringing the turkey.  I am bringing a charcuterie board for ten, 2 dozen homemade pecan rolls, butternut squash and an apple pie.  The charcuterie board alone will be over $100.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Prayers 🙏 for Dani @dani negreanu for her and her family's safety.

Best wishes.

Graham.

Good morning Graham, and all of our CC friends.  It is so cold this morning, in the 30's!  Florida can't come soon enough for myself and Jim.  I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Hoping all is well with Dani and family.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am bringing a charcuterie board for ten, 2 dozen homemade pecan rolls, butternut squash and an apple pie.  The charcuterie board alone will be over $100.

I was surprised after I made a charcuterie board for a get together at my house for a party of 6. I ended spending over $50 in all the different meats and cheeses.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks my motivation is for our April 1st Beyond sailing. We have an aft balcony so I will be doing a lot of walking.

Wow Greg!  You are doing awesome!  So happy for you!  You are certainly motivated and determined to do well, and it appears that you are succeeding 😀  well done!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Wow Greg!  You are doing awesome!  So happy for you!  You are certainly motivated and determined to do well, and it appears that you are succeeding 😀  well done!

Thanks Maryann. I know that the journey is still a long one but at least I know how much better I will feel in the end.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I was surprised after I made a charcuterie board for a get together at my house for a party of 6. I ended spending over $50 in all the different meats and cheeses.

One of the best Christmas presents Andi ever got me was some cheese club she found that sent us three or four different cheeses every three months.  We’d order meats from Salumi in Seattle (if you’ve never had their meats, do yourself a favor and order a gift pack online….Salumi was one of Anthony Bourdain’s favorite restaurants), get a few other items, and have charcuterie boards for dinner two or three nights.

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have a hard time relating to this. Just asked Lisa and she just laughed. 

Either that or food is really cheap in the states, or they aren’t eating a traditional Thanksgiving meal.  Just a ham and the fixings as a possibility. A turkey here in Canada is approximately $35 to $40 when exchanged into American funds. 

Wow.  I just paid $7.50 for mine.  We just got an upright freezer and I am going to pick up a few more for later.  My husband likes to put one on the smoker.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

One of the best Christmas presents Andi ever got me was some cheese club she found that sent us three or four different cheeses every three months.  We’d order meats from Salumi in Seattle (if you’ve never had their meats, do yourself a favor and order a gift pack online….Salumi was one of Anthony Bourdain’s favorite restaurants), get a few other items, and have charcuterie boards for dinner two or three nights.

Thanks Larry I will definitely check them out. 

Just a thought..

Could that $61 mean per person for the Thanksgiving meal? I am considering appetizers, a full meal with many side dishes and dessert, plus wine and or cocktails.

Given the prices of groceries, that may be more in line?

Hoping everyone enjoys this Sunday.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Just a thought..

Could that $61 mean per person for the Thanksgiving meal? I am considering appetizers, a full meal with many side dishes and dessert, plus wine and or cocktails.

Given the prices of groceries, that may be more in line?

Hoping everyone enjoys this Sunday.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

It is actually for the whole meal, not per person.  Just a very basic meal without all the extras.  Not even mashed potatoes!

image.png.922d0ec3d45d03f02702bbbc93b49eea.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We spent $35 for the turkeys, but then we got two because one would not be large enough to feed that many people.  

Mine is 15 lbs. which will be enough for the 7 of us.  We will have so many side dishes that a 15 lb one will do.  I love Thanksgiving.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

Thank you. It’s so easy to miss posts on this thread😀

Easy way not to miss any new posts.

When opening the Main Royal Caribbean Page,  roll down to Dani's thread, to the extreme left in the title of the thread there will be a symbol of a star , click on that star and  it will take you to the first NEW post in the thread just where you left off last time you were reading the thread.

The post above will be the last post you read, new one below. 

Start there and away you go, never miss a post.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Easy way not to miss any new posts.

When opening the Main Royal Caribbean Page,  roll down to Dani's thread, to the extreme left in the title of the thread there will be a symbol of a star , click on that star and  it will take you to the first NEW post in the thread just where you left off last time you were reading the thread.

The post above will be the last post you read, new one below. 

Start there and away you go, never miss a post.

Problem is if you are away from the thread for a few days you fall way behind.  During those times I will just go to the last few pages, or skim a few to try to catch up.  Easy to miss posts that way.

We were away last week and did a lot of skimming pages to not fall too far behind.  Try to like things I see but rarely comment during trips.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Mine is 15 lbs. which will be enough for the 7 of us.  We will have so many side dishes that a 15 lb one will do.  I love Thanksgiving.

I just went and looked at the prices at the farm that my sister buys the turkey from.  Their 18-20 lb turkeys go for $88.  The 20-22 lb ones go for $97 😱🦃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I am sorry, I seem to have missed your original post.  My condolences on the passing of your dog.  They are not just pets, they are family and they give us unconditional love and the grief you feel when they pass is tough.

We had a cat who lived with us 19 years.She was a family member.She had a chair that she sat on to have meals with us.She and I would watch TV together,listen to music and just hang out .Next June will be 20 years that she left us .We still miss her.

• Like 5

Had a bridal shower to go to last weekend back in NJ so made a trip out of it.  Did our fall cleanup and winter prep at the Pocono house, saw both kids and grandkids as we won't see them for Thanksgiving, got together with some work friends and took a day trip into NYC as we haven't been in over 5 years and the weather was looking good for the day.

Some pics from our day in the city, wandered around the touristy spots and took a walk to Hudson Yards, new since we had been there, and went to The Edge, the observation deck on the 100th floor with the glass floor overhang, glad we went but it was a once and done for us.

They were still working on the tree

20231116_125132.thumb.jpg.ab46aa0dcffbb03b42207caf56488df5.jpg

Nice day for skating

20231116_124928.thumb.jpg.15161883dd4e02a981c73008b3ab1754.jpg

Saks, looking away from the tree

20231116_125147.thumb.jpg.3d3af7f23216fdb16cb8f16f4292bf4d.jpg

The Edge from street, you can see the triangle shaped glass cut out.  They also have the climb where can repel on the side of the building.

20231116_103438.thumb.jpg.1d8da85a44d5bf2813cbd00941703e07.jpg

20231116_104112.thumb.jpg.e0f07232d36103f7455ea2598fa59285.jpg

How far I made it, every time I tried to step further someone else walk out, couldn't do it.  Maybe if it wasn't so crowded, probably not.

20231116_111015.thumb.jpg.ed1d5957765a621767900fb9a9d78280.jpg

But Jim made it all the way

20231116_111151.thumb.jpg.a93f9b39769f94c807daac9f999dad29.jpg

Back on solid ground, great views but somewhat hazy so pictures aren't great of the skyline.

20231116_112553.thumb.jpg.4baf8ad9a95ec23c4bf906a08a230ad6.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5