Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

For a brief minute, I thought @brillohead's "surely you're joking" comment would not get the proper reply.  I was glad to see @HBE4 reply accordingly.  I saw an interesting video a while back showing how Airplane! was an almost shot for shot comedy remake of a 1957 movie called Zero Hour!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

You should consider yacht club , they have some inside cabins with a decent price, butler , pool deck and entertainment was excellent and of course you have access to the rest of the ship , love that they now sail from New York City.

Hmmm, just what I need, one more reason to jump ship and consider MSC.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Trying to get caught up on this thread.  You guys are quick!

So sorry to those who have recently lost their pets.  It really is like they are family. 

@jagsfan  So cool about your friend Ginny.  Happiest of birthdays to her.

@brillohead  Debbie, have you thought about looking into some of the new drugs that are on the market for weight loss?   I've been able to drop about 40lbs in about 6 months.  Still a long way to go, but I feel like I've gotten a jump start.

@Arzeena  Have a wonderful cruise.  It was a year ago this week that we met you on Anthem.  Looking forward to seeing you again on the Bella cruise if not sooner.

@Sea Dog  So glad your knee is improving.  Sounds like you're doing great with it.  Good luck to the Chiefs tonight.  Here in Detroit, we are all beside ourselves with our 8 - 2 record.   I don't think Doug was even born yet the last time we were 8-2.  😄

To those who I may have missed on this post, I hope you are all safe and well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

31 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

@Sea Dog  So glad your knee is improving.  Sounds like you're doing great with it.  Good luck to the Chiefs tonight.  Here in Detroit, we are all beside ourselves with our 8 - 2 record.   I don't think Doug was even born yet the last time we were 8-2.  😄

Detroit has been incredible. They are playing really well. I got a bad feeling about the Chiefs tonight but we will see.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I hope so but I think the Eagles are playing better as a football team than the Chiefs. Luckily the Chiefs defense is better than last year. The Chiefs receivers are the weakest link. My son Jonathan is taking my wife Linda to the game. He bought two tickets 4th row on the 50 yard line behind the Chiefs bench for $2,000. Too steep for me. I’m staying home and watching it from the couch with the ice machine on my knee for free. I just hope it’s a good competitive game.

Isn't cold, windy and raining in KC now and tonight?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Trying to get caught up on this thread.  You guys are quick!

So sorry to those who have recently lost their pets.  It really is like they are family. 

@jagsfan  So cool about your friend Ginny.  Happiest of birthdays to her.

@brillohead  Debbie, have you thought about looking into some of the new drugs that are on the market for weight loss?   I've been able to drop about 40lbs in about 6 months.  Still a long way to go, but I feel like I've gotten a jump start.

@Arzeena  Have a wonderful cruise.  It was a year ago this week that we met you on Anthem.  Looking forward to seeing you again on the Bella cruise if not sooner.

The Lions are on fire! 🔥I was doubting that they would win yesterday so I decided to go outside and finish my xmas decorations and lo and behold I saw a notification on my watch that they won!  Now, let's hope Thanksgiving day against the Packers goes as well!  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DS visited Big White and a couple of other resorts  last season but I’ve not heard of Red Mountain. There are so many resorts.  As a novice snowboarder from Australia, Silver Star worked out fine and he was lucky they such a great season last winter - it was extended by at least a week.  When my daughter’s friend worked at a ski resort in Japan, they had a poor snow season and the resort closed early.

I learned to ski at Red- it’s not great for beginner slopes, but when he is intermediate, it’s fantastic, with nice long runs. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Hope the Eagles bring the right cleats tonight and the field is in better shape then last years Super Bowl Field

The field had nothing to do with the Eagles loss in the Super Bowl. Both teams played on the same field. Non story.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

The Lions are on fire! 🔥I was doubting that they would win yesterday so I decided to go outside and finish my xmas decorations and lo and behold I saw a notification on my watch that they won!  Now, let's hope Thanksgiving day against the Packers goes as well!  

Got to admit, they have had a pretty easy schedule though. Out of their last 9 games they only play 2 good teams, and they lost them both.

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The field had nothing to do with the Eagles loss in the Super Bowl. Both teams played on the same field. Non story.

Just wish the game would have been played on an  better field. Pretty sure whoever was in charge of preparing that field for a Super Bowl will never be hired again by the NFL.

Both teams did play on the same field, make no excuses the Chiefs won. It just stinks that we all had to suffer through such terrible playing conditions for the biggest game of the year.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

@bobmacliberty what a mammoth effort you are undertaking for your daughter.  I had to Google 130yo Victorian home.  Absolutely beautiful.  Are you planning on making it liveable (which clearly is a huge job in itself) or will there be some restoration work as well?  Does the house come with a garden?  If so, what state is that in?

Please take care.  Back injuries are no fun.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The kitchen is fully clean and plaster walls patched where needed.  It just requires a coat of paint and a final deep clean of the floor, including trying to bring the grout back to the original color.  I'll try a technique that I saw on YouTube for the grout.  Mix up twice the recommended amount of Oxy Clean and water, paint it onto the grout, and then scub with a brush attached to a drill.  Fingers crossed. 

You are truly a good dad! Good luck with the grout- we ended up chipping it out and replacing it in a previous house, which I never want to do again! I will be interested to hear how it works.

I am on the last day of a Panama Canal cruise, which has been fantastic. We haven’t even looked at the weather at home!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

What is the voodoo that you do so well?!

Did you ever try doing the copy and paste yet.  Basically your pictures are in the .HEIC format.  If you convert them to .jpeg format they will post.  The instructions I posted earlier is supposed to do that, convert from HEIC to jpeg.  Do you also have another Apple device such as a laptop or computer?