Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, derorim said:

Yes, I know.  So that was an even worse loss for our grandkids’ school.  That’s what I was trying to convey.  

I reread your post and yes I misread it earlier. So sorry about that. Sometimes I just can't multi-task I guess.😌

• Like 2

The only thing I liked about the cowboy game was the national anthem played by Freddy Jones , he plays trumpet solo at every home game , he is a excellent musician and a very nice guy, we have seen him at a few venues and he always comes over to talk to us . Dolly Parton had a fun halftime show .

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Cruise ship MDR - our Thanksgiving dinner tonight. I was surprised to discover that the dressing had RAISINS in it!! I actually liked it, although it was odd at first. 😂

@A&L_Ont

IMG_5507.jpeg

Would that be called a smidgen of sweet potatoes and stuffing? Guess fortunate to get 3 slices of turkey? What ship was this on?

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Would that be called a smidgen of sweet potatoes and stuffing? Guess fortunate to get 3 slices of turkey? What ship was this on?

@TravelGirlinDallas That looks delish.  All the portions look fine to me.  Hope you are having a lovely cruise.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 2

DD just experienced her first ever Thanksgiving dinner.  “OMG mum, Thanksgiving was AMAZING! The food was SO good!  I’ve eaten so much turkey & stuffing, pumpkin & blueberry pie” 

Clearly,  it’s not Boring in Portland, Oregon and the view from there is pretty stunning too.A046C45A-8AA2-4239-94BA-A1E1434594EA.thumb.jpeg.4846dc12723c2dd2e554c3e42861d58f.jpeg

• Like 22

51 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@TravelGirlinDallas That looks delish.  All the portions look fine to me.  Hope you are having a lovely cruise.

It was actually a lot of food; I could only eat about half of it. Appetizer was baked Brie with fig chutney and dessert was a browned butter maple wedge. Everything was delicious. AND I didn’t have to cook it!

• Like 18

21 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

It was actually a lot of food; I could only eat about half of it. Appetizer was baked Brie with fig chutney and dessert was a browned butter maple wedge. Everything was delicious. AND I didn’t have to cook it!

That sounds delish 🤤 and even better -  not having to shop, meal prep and cook..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2023 at 10:21 PM, Luckynana said:

Am I the only one who just puts up one, fresh Christmas tree just a few days before Christmas?

We always do.

When my children were small it use to after my youngsters mid December birthday  but now we're aiming for the 7th. 

It does seem to get earlier each year. A few houses in our road have their outdoor lights up already .

I'm enjoying seeing everyone's fabulous trees 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, brillohead said:

Man, that first trimester fatigue is nothing to mess with... I used to have to get up in the morning, eat breakfast, go back to bed and nap, then get up to go to work, then nap on my office floor during lunch, then nap after work, make dinner, then go to bed.  I don't know how women with other kids survive it -- I only had to keep me and the dog alive, and he could feed himself!  

With my second, I was working full time up to two weeks before ( he came early, was due on 24th Dec). I did shifts (airline) and remember picking up my 2 year old at 2pm after an early shift and desperate for him to nap so I could, but he was growing out of naps by then or had one at his childminders. I had to take him for a walk, otherwise I would of fallen asleep with a lively two year loose in the house. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

I actually cooked it in the air fryer and it was delicious.  I would definitely cook it that way again.  

Ive just bought an air  fryer

I have no idea how to use it  I'm so out of my comfort zone with it.

Anyone use it for stew/casserole/pies with mash? Or is it just for pices of meat like Chops, steak, chicken etc 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very Happy Thanksgiving for yesterday to everyone on Dani's thread. I hope you all had a lovely day whatever you did.  I think it's a lovely idea to have a day to be thankful for all our blessings.

Hope everyone enjoys their leftovers today 😋 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Anyone use it for stew/casserole/pies with mash? Or is it just for pices of meat like Chops, steak, chicken etc 

I bought one. I never took it out of the box. I never could really figure out things that we like to eat, that I could use it for. And I decided I didn't really have anywhere to store it. After about 6 months, I sold it locally, for about the same price, still new in the box. It was to a mom who wanted to cook fries (chips?) and tater tots for her kids. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Love my Air Fryer.  Use it almost every day.  There is definitely a learning curve.  I don’t think I’ve ever used it for the foods you’re suggesting.   My favorite things that I make in it is salmon, pork chops, chicken.   It does also work well for fries and foods you want crispy.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2