Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Or the Owners of the ship got a better higher offer for the sale last minute and went with the other company (Celestyal Cruises)which eventually were the ones that bought the ship?

Rug pulled out from under them?

So there was actually a ship for this cruise.

Maybe, but I’d counter with the following to that possibility.

If the seller of the ship actually did that, after checking with their legal team, I’d be amazed. The law suit against them would be very large if that was the case for lost revenue, bad PR etc.

They would have had to sell the ship for a whole lot more to make up for the lawsuit. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Maybe, but I’d counter with the following to that possibility.

If the seller of the ship actually did that, after checking with their legal team, I’d be amazed. The law suit against them would be very large if that was the case for lost revenue, bad PR etc.

They would have had to sell the ship for a whole lot more to make up for the lawsuit. 

Possibility for sure, but other countries laws leave a lot to be desired. Guess we may never know what  really happened. Don't believe it was a scam though.

They do run other cruises in Europe presently.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks yummy!    What did you use for your dipping sauce?    Tempura works great on veggies too.   this past summer I made it tempura zucchini and squash.    

Thanks. Tempura Zucchini is good, too. We use small bowls Kikkoman Tempura Dipping Sauce and lemon juice in another. Bill likes a Remoulade sauce in his bowl☺️

I feel like a prepper, stockpiling supplies. 🙄 Kikkoman Tempura Sauce is hard to find anymore, so I just bought 12 bottles of it online. Along with 24 dry packages of Lawry's Au Jus Sauce mix for French Dip Sandwiches.

I have certain products that I really like. I am always sad when they go away. S&W Teriyaki Sauce was an amazing product. I didn't buy enough before it was gone. And I still miss Quaker Puffed Wheat and Puffed Rice. I have to buy them online now, too, from Arrowhead Mills, through various sellers. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

next weekend we will be in Park City, UT for my cousins wedding. I went shopping with her yesterday to see if I could find a dress but decided to stick with one I have from a 2019 cruise instead. i tried on my outfit last night just to be sure it still fit. IMG_3538.thumb.jpeg.3a0aac264f2f95b37c181c4a8504ef46.jpeg

I’ve never been to Utah, so really looking forward to it. First wedding “single” as well. Hopefully I’m not an emotional mess, but I think it’ll be good.

The dress is gorgeous, and you look lovely Crystal. ☺️ But I think you are going to need a wrap or a small jacket, though...just because it is Park City, Utah. At least going into or out of the venue. It is going to be freezing cold. You have been in Florida for a while. Have a wonderful time! Do you still have any Colorado clothes? 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We have just got home after our 14 night cruise visiting.

Tenerife.

Gran canaria.

Lanzarote.

Madeira.

Lisbon.

La Corunna.

I'm sorry I couldn't say anything before we got home.

IMG_20231121_131600.jpg

IMG_20231121_072044.jpg

IMG_20231119_094413.jpg

IMG_20231117_131212.jpg

IMG_20231116_111019.jpg

Welcome home,

P&O? Did you fly to the Canaries first or cruise from SOU ? 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, NHProud said:

You’ll be able to read about J’s adventures on that other social media platform. He intends to post frequently according to L . You can register with a nom de plume .  Just inform of your screen name or use it . 

Thank you, I may have to sign up. Is it a closed group or would I just 'friend' him 🤔 

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Sue.

We drove down to Southampton and cruised from there.

We were on P&O Iona.

Have you ever taken P@Os Barbados winter cruises ? 

Several friends have taken Saga cruises which they all rave about. They are very expensive but everything seems to be included, including chauffeur transfers from home to port 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Have you ever taken P@Os Barbados winter cruises ? 

Several friends have taken Saga cruises which they all rave about. They are very expensive but everything seems to be included, including chauffeur transfers from home to port 

We were booked on P&O Azura Caribbean and TA for March 2020 but it was cancelled because of world events.

We were on Oasis Jan/Feb 2023 out of Miami with pre and post cruise stays in a hotel on Miami South Beach and had a weeks hotel stay in Orlando Florida in October.

Saga doesn't appeal to us as we do a lot independently plus I like our high loyalty on RCL,Princess and P&O perk's.

I hope you are both well and have some great cruises to look forward to.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thank you. Pricing is getting crazy.

That is the truth.  25.99 for December cruise, 28.99 for January cruise, and the going rate for the one in August is 31.99.  Looks like they will continue to raise it, because people can’t disconnect.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thank you, I may have to sign up. Is it a closed group or would I just 'friend' him 🤔 

The cruise and festivities start soon with a pre-cruise gala formal dinner at the Intercontinental Hotel in Miami according to the web page. 

• Like 5

Today has been a day of cancellations.I cancelled my morning OT because I was scheduled for my annual physical at 9:30 AM.

At 8:50 the doctors Office Manager called to cancel my appointment stating the doctor is sick.She said she would call back to reschedule.I am still waiting for the call.Friends of ours who are Fla snowbirds and leaving NY on Thursday were supposed to come here for a visit but they were having a problem with their car and cancelled.Toby’s Mah Jong game for later today was cancelled.She was supposed to pick up our youngest granddaughter from school late today but that was cancelled.

• Like 6