Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think we will get by. There will surely be enough other reporting on the cruise either daily or

weekly anyway.

I think this has already been posted but will re-post. A thread has been created specifically for people to post links to their world cruise reviews.

Be interesting to see if someone can keep a "live" review going for 274 days. Even more interesting to see if their perception changes once the uniqueness wears off & they've eaten their 200+ dinner in a row in the MDR. 😀😉

Personally, I have trouble keeping up with a regular 7 day "Live" review although that could be my ADHD kicking in. LOL

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I think this has already been posted but will re-post. A thread has been created specifically for people to post links to their world cruise reviews.

Be interesting to see if someone can keep a "live" review going for 274 days. Even more interesting to see if their perception changes once the uniqueness wears off & they've eaten their 200+ dinner in a row in the MDR. 😀😉

Personally, I have trouble keeping up with a regular 7 day "Live" review although that could be my ADHD kicking in. LOL

I hope none of the reviews are I just blew my nose,or that I just had this drink today and now I'm going to order one of these next.

Those live reviews are a waste of time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I hope none of the reviews are I just blew my nose,or that I just had this drink today and now I'm going to order one of these next.

I think it depends on the person doing the review. There are several people that can provide exceptional detail in a organized & concise format without endless side conversations or stream-of-consciousness postings.  Those I can follow pretty well. It's the ones where there are 5 or 7 pages of banter between valid cruise review postings that I tend to lose interest halfway through.

That's not a knock on anyone, just my personal preference. 🙂

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of Live Reviews, has @singinalot posted her review to Spain/Portugal yet?

EDIT: Interesting, I tried "tagging" her but it didn't work. Not sure if I spelled it correctly? Usually the name comes right up after the first few letters.

I did notice a few weeks ago that she had posted right after Thanksgiving but her post was deleted. I only saw the quoted replies. Not sure why it was deleted. Maybe the mods didn't like her gown? 😀😉

Finger-crossed she is not on the permanently playing monopoly list.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Tomorrow is my oldest sons 44th birthday.  We will be celebrating this weekend as well.   Happy Birthday to your daughter. 🙂

happy Birthday to both yours and Lenny’s.  Today is my second son’s birthday.  It seems like yesterday he was born, 46 today.  Sigh

• Like 5

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Anyone considering Mint or Visible (or any of the other Mobile Virtual Network Operators...MVNOs) should be aware of how they work and what restrictions you might face.  They don't own their own network and instead pay to use the cellular networks of T-Mobile and Verizon respectively.  This keeps the cost down for Mint/Visible and gives T-Mobile/Verizon an extra revenue stream.  That's not typically a problem unless the main company is experiencing peak usage, in which case Mint/Visible customers would be restricted, not the main company's customers.  You might see slower data speeds at peak times, or have a capped amount of high speed data per month forcing you into slower speeds for the rest of the month once exceeded.  You may also not have access to some features like tethering, or the ability to get the latest and greatest phones.  This is how they can afford to offer cheaper plans.

I've been a Verizon customer forever (who has threatened to leave several times) so I don't have personal experience with an MVNO.  I don't know how much these restrictions are a problem in real life.  I would assume that most people who do not need much high speed data on their phone wouldn't know the difference.  It would probably mostly impact gaming and video streaming.  I'm not saying that you should not use Mint or Visible...only that you should be aware of the implications.  Talk with the company to understand any restrictions before committing to anything.  Both companies certainly seem to be doing well and must have many happy customers who appreciate the monthly savings.

More info on MVNOs here, or a slightly deeper technical dive here.

Interesting thing about Visible as it is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Verizon, I wonder if it's subject to the same restrictions as other MVNO's. Tom's Guide doesn't make it clear.  I did see that Visible customers get $10 discount if they choose Verizon as their home Internet provider.

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

happy Birthday to both yours and Lenny’s.  Today is my second son’s birthday.  It seems like yesterday he was born, 46 today.  Sigh

Happy Birthday to your son as well.  I know, it's crazy how fast the time goes.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The folks in Miami should realize that their pricing is out of control when they make Taylor's tickets look like a bargain. 

To think years ago she preformed on Allure’s inaugural sailing from probably a song and a dance. Now RC is trying to keep up with her 😉  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

The great thing about Cruise Critic is that you're not forced to read anything.  Those doing Live reviews can choose to post whatever they want to post.  Whatever makes them happy...it's their review.  You can choose to read or not read.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I think it depends on the person doing the review. There are several people that can provide exceptional detail in a organized & concise format without endless side conversations or stream-of-consciousness postings.  Those I can follow pretty well. It's the ones where there are 5 or 7 pages of banter between valid cruise review postings that I tend to lose interest halfway through.

I agree with you. I also get bored in the middle at times with some of them and start fast forwarding.

I would just love to read the accounts and the reviews only, of those who are on that cruise....without the annoying..." thanks for taking us along", "Can you say Hi to Mr XYZ bar tender in the martini Bar", "Is Ms ABC still the waitress", "Oh what a cutie ", "Say Hi to XYZ" (like XYZ realllly remembers you!) etc etc etc etc etc etc. SO ANNOYING!  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

We do it here and on many threads and its OK , but For THAT long a cruise, I would love to be able to just READ the reports without going through or Fast forwarding on pages and pages of millions of annoying posts ( and re quotes and re re re re posting of pictures already posted by an OP) and I did suggest that there be one place here or elsewhere where this is possible and then others can keep chatting over their own threads and blogs. Like a CC read only blog (no replying capability from readers...maybe only a 'like" capability).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

The great thing about Cruise Critic is that you're not forced to read anything.  Those doing Live reviews can choose to post whatever they want to post.  Whatever makes them happy...it's their review.  You can choose to read or not read.  

After fast forwarding the million responses and quotes in quotes in quotes.

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

I agree with you. I also get bored in the middle at times with some of them and start fast forwarding.

I would just love to read the accounts and the reviews only, of those who are on that cruise....without the annoying..." thanks for taking us along", "Can you say Hi to Mr XYZ bar tender in the martini Bar", "Is Ms ABC still the waitress", "Oh what a cutie ", "Say Hi to XYZ" (like XYZ realllly remembers you!) etc etc etc etc etc etc. SO ANNOYING!  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

We do it here and on many threads and its OK , but For THAT long a cruise, I would love to be able to just READ the reports without going through or Fast forwarding on pages and pages of millions of annoying posts ( and re quotes and re re re re posting of pictures already posted by an OP) and I did suggest that there be one place here or elsewhere where this is possible and then others can keep chatting over their own threads and blogs. Like a CC read only blog (no replying capability from readers...maybe only a 'like" capability).

+1

34 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Speaking of Live Reviews, has @singinalot posted her review to Spain/Portugal yet?

EDIT: Interesting, I tried "tagging" her but it didn't work. Not sure if I spelled it correctly? Usually the name comes right up after the first few letters.

I did notice a few weeks ago that she had posted right after Thanksgiving but her post was deleted. I only saw the quoted replies. Not sure why it was deleted. Maybe the mods didn't like her gown? 😀😉

I hope that the dress photo would not earn her a game.  If it did, I highly doubt it would be her last straw as she is one of the nicest posters and not controversial in the least. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Her account looks to be gone and many posts missing.  It could be renamed or removed.  I just hope she is safe and well and just needed to get away from here for her own reasons.  Sending love if she sees this. 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

21 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Interesting thing about Visible as it is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Verizon, I wonder if it's subject to the same restrictions as other MVNO's. Tom's Guide doesn't make it clear.  I did see that Visible customers get $10 discount if they choose Verizon as their home Internet provider.

There's a table here summarizing features of the MVNOs in the US.  Visible doesn't seem to have many restrictions...maybe an advantage of being part of Verizon.  There are a LOT of operators listed that I've never heard of.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I enjoy the reviews of people from this thread and from others we have sailed with APDMOM had a really nice review recently. 

• Like 4