Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

@KeksieMight help too to go with a counter depth refrigerator to if you can get by with that and have an additional fridge somewhere else. garage?

What is currently on the floor, how will that be matched up with what is out in the living room area? Going to open concept is the way to go as you are doing.

Will there be room for an island?

It won't be quite counter depth, about the same depth it is now.  We have an extra refrigerator and an upright freezer in the utility room.  We have a butcher block prep island.  You can see the corner of it in the picture.  Then we have a breakfast bar behind where I was standing.  We use it to eat most of our meals on.  All our flooring (except the bathrooms) are the same tile and we have plenty more in the garage to fill in any gaps.  

Since we bought the house we have replaced all the appliances except the ovens.  I really like what we have now so I am trying not to replace very much with this.  The countertops are probably going to go because even though they are not that old I am not crazy about them.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

It's going to be a full time job just staying with that group day in and out but week 2 with just DW and I might get a live going.

I won't please everyone but that is what that little red x is for up in the corner.  

I look forward to whatever review you come up with, we will be on harmony on January 14 and really looking forward to the cruise.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 8:10 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I need some help.  Seeking suggestions for a White Elephant gift for work.  Limit is $30

Last year was easy as we were on a cruise a week before the holiday party and I bought a wood carved sea turtle at one of the port shops.  

I want to get a fun neutral gift for a girl or guy, not a gift card.

Any suggestions?

One year I received a box of Epsom Salts.

• Haha 9

Apparently there is a Rabbi that has been contracted by Royal Caribbean to celebrate Hanukkah on Harmony from the 7th to the 14th.  I plan on attending at least once.  For those that celebrate is there anything that I should bring or be aware of in order to be respectful of the tradition.  I've already read up on the Maccabean revolt and the rededication of the temple.  Any other suggestions? Should I get and wear a Yarmulke?  Would that be wrong since I'm not Jewish? Would any other hat suffice?

• Like 4

Kelsie-Your kitchen plans sound good and reasonable to adjust what you have now in the kitchen to one that you will enjoy

Open concept is the way to go to give you more open space and connection to the living room/family room area.

We did a reno in 2009.I am still pleased with the design and openness of the kitchen.

We had the “while we are at it “ mindset

so, limited renewal work was done to our living room and family room as well.

If those countertops are not to your liking, now is the time to change them out.

One thing with any house reno  job, and you may have heard this, it usually takes more$$$ and more time.

Hoping you are entirely pleased with the finished job.

Greg-Wishing you and Linda good results for your respective surgeries and recuperations.

Good health is priority #1 as we are limited in our activities without it.

Those remaining cruises you have booked will give you motivation to get well.

I do enjoy reading live reviews and reviews of cruises posted by many on CC.

I read them on many forums, namely those posted on RCL, Celebrity, Princess, NCL and sometimes Carnival.

If there is too much chatter, I scroll past it to read what the OP is posting.

There is a Princess poster @Bimmer09 who writes excellent reviews with

photos of his cruises and travels. The only trouble is, he takes one , possibly two cruises a year, so the reviews limited.

Wishing all who celebrate a very happy Hanukkah!

Shalom

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

... finally took out the window air conditioner units to store for the winter.  In the 30 seconds I was away, Leonard decided to leap thru the open window to the outside world. This was his first time outside since early summer when he got stuck in a tree & the fire dept needed to rescue him. That's when it was 80 F outside, now it's high 30's. I can't decide if the look on his face is because: 

A) he's embarrassed I caught him

B) angry I caught him or

C) realizing it's really cold outside.

When I opened door to the deck, he came running inside as fast as he could without any coaxing from me. I think he learned his lesson

Lenny.jpg.759a235f144c38a4d11ce6ae6d544cfe.jpg

Leonard looks like he is horrified that you changed the thermostat to icebox cold! 😀

Bobby used to do that when he escaped and then found it was raining. All of a sudden panic at the wet and a fast run back inside. Unfortunately, he was always trying to sneak out, because of his upbringing. It is nice not to have to worry about open doors now. (in a sad way)

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 8

48 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Greg-Wishing you and Linda good results for your respective surgeries and recuperations.

Good health is priority #1 as we are limited in our activities without it.

Those remaining cruises you have booked will give you motivation to get well.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Thank you and yes you are right got to take care of priority #1 to be able to do priority #2, cruising.

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am going to call Randy Levine to congratulate him and your Yankees on the trade.For all the teams,especially the Mets believing that they will get Soto when he becomes a free agent next year my thought is that if he likes being a Yankee he will let the team extend him after the season.

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yankees gave up a lot of young talent for a 1 year rental.

I'm betting he is on a new team in 2025.

He likes to be in the spot light, He is going to be the highest paid player ever(more then Otani), just think he will get higher offers back in the National League( Cubs, Dodgers, San Fran)

I'm glad he is out of the National League for at least this year. He is a hot dog, they way he takes pitches and  kind of moves toward the pitcher. I love seeing him strike out. His defense isn't that good in the out field either.

Possibly the short porch in Right Field might ruin his swing, he might become  a bust this year.

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

He may have trouble fielding in Yankee Stadium.I agree that the Yankees gave up too much .I think they were pressured by their fans and the media because the once great Yankees did not win the World Series in about 15 years.

I'm less than thrilled with this trade but I understand why they did it.. The Yankees were ranked 25 out of 30 teams offensively. That's pretty bad for a team built to hit home runs & whose nickname is The Bronx Bombers. Mostly a result of injuries to key players such as Judge who missed a 1/3rd of the season as well as some other players that were just having bad years.  I feel they could have bounced back offensively next year without the trade by just staying healthy. But I guess the idea is to spread out the offense and take some of the pressure off Judge.

Speaking of which, since Soto is not a great outfielder, he'll probably take Judges spot in right field with Judge taking over center field. That's a lot of ground to cover for an injury-prone player.

The team really needs more pitching. But I'm sure Brian Cashman & the rest of the Yankees top brass know what their doing. 🙄

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Leonard looks like he is horrified that you changed the thermostat to icebox cold! 😀

Bobby used to do that when he escaped and then found it was raining. All of a sudden panic at the wet and a fast run back inside.

I can't wait to see his reaction when there is snow on the ground. I had him last winter as well but we only had 1 or 2 snowy days of significance & we didn't let him outside. Before that, the first 3 or 4 years he was a Texan when my step daughter still lived in Houston (it's actually her cat.......for now 🙂😉😇)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Bobby used to do that when he escaped and then found it was raining. All of a sudden panic at the wet and a fast run back inside. Unfortunately, he was always trying to sneak out, because of his upbringing. It is nice not to have to worry about open doors now. (in a sad way)

((((((❤️))))))

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you for the update.  Hopefully it's just a "time out" and she returns at some point. As you and others have said, sometime the best way to reset is to delete the accounts & start over when the time if right. Maybe she did it out of respect for her ex. I get that she may not want her life dissected on various social media platforms so on that note...

... finally took out the window air conditioner units to store for the winter.  In the 30 seconds I was away, Leonard decided to leap thru the open window to the outside world. This was his first time outside since early summer when he got stuck in a tree & the fire dept needed to rescue him. That's when it was 80 F outside, now it's high 30's. I can't decide if the look on his face is because: 

A) he's embarrassed I caught him

B) angry I caught him or

C) realizing it's really cold outside.

When I opened door to the deck, he came running inside as fast as he could without any coaxing from me. I think he learned his lesson

Lenny.jpg.759a235f144c38a4d11ce6ae6d544cfe.jpg

A and C😻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I'm less than thrilled with this trade but I understand why they did it.. The Yankees were ranked 25 out of 30 teams offensively. That's pretty bad for a team built to hit home runs & whose nickname is The Bronx Bombers. Mostly a result of injuries to key players such as Judge who missed a 1/3rd of the season as well as some other players that were just having bad years.  I feel they could have bounced back offensively next year without the trade by just staying healthy. But I guess the idea is to spread out the offense and take some of the pressure off Judge.

Speaking of which, since Soto is not a great outfielder, he'll probably take Judges spot in right field with Judge taking over center field. That's a lot of ground to cover for an injury-prone player.

The team really needs more pitching. But I'm sure Brian Cashman & the rest of the Yankees top brass know what their doing. 🙄

I know you are not familiar with my childhood friend who played for the Yankees in the 60’s ,Frank Tepedino.How about Allen Watson who pitched for the Yankees in 1999 and 2000.He is good friends with one of my neighbors.