Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Apparently there is a Rabbi that has been contracted by Royal Caribbean to celebrate Hanukkah on Harmony from the 7th to the 14th.  I plan on attending at least once.  For those that celebrate is there anything that I should bring or be aware of in order to be respectful of the tradition.  I've already read up on the Maccabean revolt and the rededication of the temple.  Any other suggestions? Should I get and wear a Yarmulke?  Would that be wrong since I'm not Jewish? Would any other hat suffice?

You can wear a yarmulke if you wish.It is very nice of you to do this.

My wife and I were on many cruises during a Hanukkah.The most interesting thing is that people attend the services from all over the world.

At the end of the service there was always a meet and greet where people introduced themselves and said where they live.

One of my granddaughters is in college and has 3 roommates who are not Jewish.Tonight we did a FaceTime celebration with her and her friends.

• Like 3

@Husky1987   Looks like you got that roof on just in time before all that rain  in Washington.

Just how close to Washington's Snoqualmie Falls do you live? Usually this is just a peaceful water fall. Looks like Niagara Falls  with all the rain you have had. Would be cool to see it in person if you live near by.

image.png.fd4ffa32b6eabb5382ac956be239b4b7.png

We have been there, but never looked like this.

https://weather.com/news/weather/video/snoqualmie-falls-rages-amid-pacific-northwest-flooding

• Like 5

14 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I found Crystal's FB page.  She posted a comment and a few pictures 4 days ago about the wedding that she attended in what looks like Colorado.  Seemed pretty upbeat with smiling pictures and friends.  There wasn't much else on her page.  I think she's just doing a sort of social media reset.  My guess is we won't see her here again.  That's a shame but if that's what she needs to do...

She is one of the few if not only person I have actually met.  Before covid we were on an Allure Roll Call together, and she came up and watched me FlowRide one time.  We didn’t talk much, but she seemed nice.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I strongly doubt Crystal has been banned.  I think she has made a conscious decision not to continue posting in a public forum or has been advised not to post here whilst going through the divorce .  I stopped following her on Instagram about 18 months ago.  My only reason was her travel posts here on cc were so good & detailed that there was no need for me to follow her elsewhere.  She will be missed.

I think this is probably the correct answer.  Lawyers do not want to give the other team ammunition.  That said her posts her have always been pretty non confrontational. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

She is one of the few if not only person I have actually met.  Before covid we were on an Allure Roll Call together, and she came up and watched me FlowRide one time.  We didn’t talk much, but she seemed nice.  

Probably after watching you Flow Ride you left her speechless!

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@Husky1987   Looks like you got that roof on just in time before all that rain  in Washington.

Just how close to Washington's Snoqualmie Falls do you live? Usually this is just a peaceful water fall. Looks like Niagara Falls  with all the rain you have had. Would be cool to see it in person if you live near by.

https://weather.com/news/weather/video/snoqualmie-falls-rages-amid-pacific-northwest-flooding

Snoqualmie Falls is beautiful! It rages some years. We had lunch at a restaurant right next to the falls, when I was about 10. It might have been that building, I don't remember. There were white tablecloths. I do remember a little girl that came into the dining room that was about my age. And for a dollar, I could come out right next to the falls and see and hold her rabbits from the hutch. (I eagerly did, of course) ☺️ So I tend to think it was probably a lot less fancy then.

It is a gorgeous area. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Probably after watching you Flow Ride you left her speechless!

I am not that good.  I am sort of old man pretty good.  🤣

Have looked out from the building over the falls eating lunch.  That was 20 years ago, last time I was in Washington State.  Wow…. Time flies

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just now, Coralc said:

Snoqualmie Falls is beautiful! It rages some years. We had lunch at a restaurant right next to the falls, when I was about 10. It might have been that building, I don't remember. There were white tablecloths. I do remember a little girl that came into the dining room that was about my age. And for a dollar, I could come out right next to the falls and see and hold her rabbits from the hutch. (I eagerly did, of course) ☺️ So I tend to think it was probably a lot less fancy then.

It is a gorgeous area. 

@Jimbo I live about an hour south of the falls.  My brother lives in North Bend, less than 10 minutes away.  I've seen it both ways and in between!  You can hike down to the river level just a stone's throw away from the bottom of the falls (where they found Laura Palmer in Twin Peaks), which I've done more than a few times and it's always spectacular. 

@Coralc Yep, that's the Snoqualmie Falls Lodge (actually now called the Salish Lodge but old folks like me will always call it by its old name).  They were pretty famous for their pancake breakfast, where the waiter/waitress would pour the (incredible) syrup from as high as they could reach and make it fall perfectly over your pancakes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

@Jimbo I live about an hour south of the falls.  My brother lives in North Bend, less than 10 minutes away.  I've seen it both ways and in between!  You can hike down to the river level just a stone's throw away from the bottom of the falls (where they found Laura Palmer in Twin Peaks), which I've done more than a few times and it's always spectacular. 

@Coralc Yep, that's the Snoqualmie Falls Lodge (actually now called the Salish Lodge but old folks like me will always call it by its old name).  They were pretty famous for their pancake breakfast, where the waiter/waitress would pour the (incredible) syrup from as high as they could reach and make it fall perfectly over your pancakes.

Sounds neat, we went there on a private tour when we had a stop there in Seattle on a B2B Cruise Pacific Coastal/ Alaska Combo. We didn't have the time to hike it, but I can see where that would have been neat. Beautiful area. !

• Like 3

Thanks for all the Chanukah wishes.  How wonderful we can all acknowledge/share our holidays in here.

We had a wonderful Chanukah/Christmas tradition with  neighbors on our block for quite a few years.  Their daughter was my daughter's age when they met, all of 3 years old.  Every year, for about 10-12 years we would go to their house, admire their wonderful decorations, grab a few candy canes off the Christmas tree and the kids would exchange gifts.  Chanukah, the family would come to our home, kids would exchange gifts, eat latkes, jelly donuts and play the draydel game.  Those once 3 year olds are now in their mid 30s, married, each with 2 children and still keep in touch.

@Sea Dog Greg, Jack wanted me to thank you for posting the knee brace info in here.  It makes a difference when he wears it.  Definitely cuts down on some the pain.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

On 12/7/2023 at 3:44 AM, ValerieJo said:

Tomorrow is my oldest sons 44th birthday.  We will be celebrating this weekend as well.   Happy Birthday to your daughter. 🙂

Happy Birthday to your oldest son & @lenquixote66 happy birthday to your daughter -hope you a nice family get-together & @DaniDanielle Happy Birthday to your son.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, sgmn said:

We've done three on Celebrity and they are on my radar. Their rejigged Israel cruises from Greece this winter have some very good prices. 

But not far off diamond plus so its tempting to stick with RC for the next year or so. 

We have booked a short holiday in Singapore in February with a four day RC cruise tagged on.

One day we will get to Australia 🇦🇺 🙏....

I do hope you & Gary  make it down here one day.  Love Singapore.  Adding on a short cruise from Singapore is a great idea too. 

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1