Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

50 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

That's our celebration -- DH's "pancake potatoes" (aka latkes) this evening.

@Tree_skier  Dave, it's all in the "batter" 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.fd18c846481396210757dfd035e6bb65.jpeg

They look so good.  I’m doggy sitting my grandog tonight.  Tomorrow I’m going home to make them. Happy Hanukkah.  I must get a dreidel too. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Just finished a stay in the shelter. Sadly, no end in sight 😢

Thank you to all those who wished "Happy Hanukah" -- @grapau27, @sgmn, @akcruz, @Sunshine3601, @lenquixote66, @jagsfan, @MJSailors, @jmh2006, @NHProud, @DaniDanielle, @BonTexasNY, @A&L_Ont, @h20skibum, @Momof3gurlz, @Keksie, @Tree_skier (Dave, enjoy the chants and the lights, and, of course, the traditional "donats") and last, but not least Greg @Sea Dog -- so sorry you had to cancel the Beyond cruise, but, sometimes, maybe there is something else better that you might get late in the future 😘

I'm so sorry you have all of this worry and disruption to your lives Dani @dani negreanu.

You are always in our thoughts and prayers 🙏.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Toby made hers last night .We are celebrating the holiday but at the same time thinking about you and our friends and family in Israel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ollienbertsmum said:

They look so good.  I’m doggy sitting my grandog tonight.  Tomorrow I’m going home to make them. Happy Hanukkah.  I must get a dreidel too. 

We have been dog sitting since Wednesday because one of my daughters is having work done in her house.We will be zooming our synagogue service tonight.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Just finished a stay in the shelter. Sadly, no end in sight 😢

@dani negreanu😢 That is so heart-breaking, Dani, and especially so at this time of year!  Hanukkah should be a time of joyous gatherings and celebrations for you and your family and friends...💔

Thinking about you always and hoping and praying that peace will be restored soon. 🙏🏼 🫶🏼 🕊️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Re the discussion of the great show Twin Peaks.Another show that I thought was great is Seinfeld.Many of the scenes were filmed in Tom’s restaurant in Brooklyn.Tom’s father Perry,had a restaurant in Brooklyn called Perry’s that served great food .

Just when I think I’ve seen all of them an episode comes along I had not seen. So many favourites I couldn’t just name one favourite moment. A couple favourites though are Rusty (the horse), JFK’s golf clubs and the contest. 

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I have pictures of the RR Diner somewhere with the large mountain behind it. The Private tour guide took us there during our port stop in Seattle.

RR Diner now Twede's cafe I think are only about 5 miles  from Snoqualmie Falls/

I probably have it on a SD Card somewhere.

edit: HaHa Found it !

That’s so cool.

• Like 3

On 12/7/2023 at 5:56 PM, Etta1213 said:

One year I received a box of Epsom Salts.

Last Christmas Day afternoon, I was sitting next to a  guy, who married into my daughter-in-law’s family. 
It was our first White Elephant gift exchange. (I hate them!!!)
He opened the White Elephant he got. 
It was a can of dehydrated water. 
He spent the next hour staring at it and shaking it and finally turned to me and said “It must have had a leak. I think it’s empty”!!!!

Absolutely true story. Nobody said a word, and his husband told him he’d explain later. 

• Haha 14

8 hours ago, helen haywood said:

@h20skibum saw this and thought of you!

IMG_5582.jpeg

Haha, that is funny.

Although my granddaughter was very concerned when she saw the photo of Ricky by the elf.  Evidently, his leg was touching it, which is a big no, no.   The elf is supposed to lose its magic, or bring bad mojo or something.  I am sure they had to do something to get the magic back.

I missed seeing the elf today, but I hear it was on a swing on a door frame.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Going back to the shingles conversation, is it possible to have a mild case of shingles? About 7 or 8 years ago, I had a weird looking rash on my right side rib cage, a long ugly looking strip.  Didn't itch or hurt but after some prodding from family, I went to my doctor & as soon as he looked at it said "Yep, you have Shingles". Gave a prescription and within a week or two, it was gone. Never even got the pain medicine prescription filled as it there was no pain or itchiness.

I also don't remember having chicken pox as a child but apparently I must've.

My younger brother had a bad case of chicken pox. I was at least 13 or 14 and remember it clearly. 
My other brother and I never caught it. 
3 years ago, after a friend went through hell with shingles, I asked my primary about getting Shingrex.
He tested Dick and me and we both had the virus in our systems. 
Neither  of us has any recollection of having chickenpox. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I’ve been wanting some and by George, I’m going to make some this weekend. 
I put butter on them and eat them with chunky applesauce. Yum!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Haha, that is funny.

Although my granddaughter was very concerned when she saw the photo of Ricky by the elf.  Evidently, his leg was touching it, which is a big no, no.   The elf is supposed to lose its magic, or bring bad mojo or something.  I am sure they had to do something to get the magic back.

I missed seeing the elf today, but I hear it was on a swing on a door frame.

I thought I spotted  the elf by our Keurig  tonight in Virginia.

20231208_184911.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I had an urgent call from my old firm, to come in and help a couple of the young engineers with a project.  So I spent the morning with them, and helped them out. 

Then, this afternoon was the firm’s Christmas luncheon.  I got there a couple minutes early, so I stopped at the bar and ordered a yuengling draft to take in to the dining room.  Asked the bartender how much, and she said $1.  Me: That’s it?  Is it Happy hour?   Her: No, that is the price, all day, every day!

I totally missed the sign on the way in. 

IMG_9495.thumb.jpeg.5170e80f031e18d94a050e0fc342ead6.jpeg

I can’t remember how many years it has been since I had a $1 beer. 

• Like 14

On 12/7/2023 at 10:17 AM, lenquixote66 said:

Happy Hanukkah to Dani,Bonnie and anyone else who celebrates the holiday.My immediate family will celebrate on Sunday and our annual cousins celebration will be Dec.24 because there are 8 who are in college who will not be home till that time period.

Happy Hanuukkah Lenny, Toby, Dani, Bonnie, and Jack  and all of our friends who are also celebrating Hanukkah!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I had an urgent call from my old firm, to come in and help a couple of the young engineers with a project.  So I spent the morning with them, and helped them out. 

Then, this afternoon was the firm’s Christmas luncheon.  I got there a couple minutes early, so I stopped at the bar and ordered a yuengling draft to take in to the dining room.  Asked the bartender how much, and she said $1.  Me: That’s it?  Is it Happy hour?   Her: No, that is the price, all day, every day!

I totally missed the sign on the way in. 

IMG_9495.thumb.jpeg.5170e80f031e18d94a050e0fc342ead6.jpeg

I can’t remember how many years it has been since I had a $1 beer. 

Great Beer Great Price 🍻

• Like 2