Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just when I think I’ve seen all of them an episode comes along I had not seen. So many favourites I couldn’t just name one favourite moment. A couple favourites though are Rusty (the horse), JFK’s golf clubs and the contest. 

Master of my domain! 😇

I'll add the Second Spitter (aka The Magic Loogie with Keith Hernandez) and since it's the season: The Festivus -the holiday for the rest of us.

But far too many to list.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Packed and heading to the airport. 

IMG_1465.thumb.jpeg.2ddc4a5c64354020c18ed0782f6784d0.jpeg

I’m confused by this weird unexplainable white film on front and rear windshield. 

IMG_1464.thumb.jpeg.17951a9d0487f0ac509eb458918a4775.jpeg

next stop is Fresno air terminal and then onwards to Houston. 

image.png.f388bc560c9cb76e43f3eb7feb6b35eb.png

Have a great time!  Safe Travels. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@Ocean Boy Are you going to the City for SantaCon?

MJ 🙋🏻‍♀️

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Lol no, it is just a coincidence that it is today.

Twice in years past I've unintentionally got caught up in SantaCon craziness.  Both times I wished I was younger and at the same time, glad I wasn't younger. LOL.  Fortunately , there are enough places that don't allow SantaCon shenanigans.   From what I understand, it has been toned down in recent years.

Fun Fact: There are only 2 days a year where alcohol is banned from Metro-North trains. New Years Eve & SantaCon.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

A few photos here from October’s Radiance Panama Canal cruise.

The sunset as we were leaving San Diego.

IMG_4310.thumb.jpeg.be4f18037130b9c2867413c4428a95b1.jpeg

IMG_4319.thumb.jpeg.042fe83b0db6331cd72bb12a9a232384.jpeg

IMG_4322.thumb.jpeg.34656e60d556892db4bb175d3cb692b6.jpeg

IMG_4324.thumb.jpeg.318e7fecc63ac6542eda00fafb782007.jpeg

Found in the Windjammer for @Ocean Boy. The little plaques on the wall:  “New England Lighthouse” created by Victor Stuart Graham was born next to the sea in Newhaven, Sussex.  He was inspired by the power, changing colors and “moods” of the sea.  He also grew up around lightouse structures and admire their individual architecture.  His love of both elements is evident in his work.

IMG_4373.thumb.jpeg.7186bdfe57aa5b5711f56581811b26ca.jpeg

IMG_4375.thumb.jpeg.03c82405977b13d81abab37ca2b753d2.jpeg

Beautiful pictures, Helen.  I hope Merv the Nerv isn't bothering you!

3 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

@Luckynana and @BonTexasNY don't forget about me!  I was told "Jennifer" was the most popular girls name in 1961 (my birth year). 😉

Also, I remember Love Story as being the first movie I bawled my eyes out too!  Even today I still cry when I watch it.  

@FromSea2ShiningSea  Thanks for the beautiful pictures Helen!

Jennifer you could never be forgotten.  Oh yes the tears flowed during Love Story  AND Terms of Endearment.

31 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Master of my domain! 😇

I'll add the Second Spitter (aka The Magic Loogie with Keith Hernandez) and since it's the season: The Festivus -the holiday for the rest of us.

Every single episode, a classic. Loved all of them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Master of my domain! 😇

Those are all great calls.  I’ll add the Marine Biologist episode.

And can’t forget.. “ IT MOVED!!”  😂

I must have watched every episode 10 times over at this point.  Never gets old for me.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Those are all great calls.  I’ll add the Marine Biologist episode.

And can’t forget.. “ IT MOVED!!”  😂

I must have watched every episode 10 times over at this point.  Never gets old for me.

The last two episodes summed it up.  Everyone showed up in court to air their grievances against those four and at the end they are sentenced to jail for not lending aid.  We last see these four shallow , self absorbed, egocentric individuals forced to spend time with only themselves for company.  That’s my take on the last show. 

I like the show and I too have seen many reruns.  I’ve seen Seinfeld perform four times and with Jason Alexander , once.  I’ve watched Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.  The episode of him driving President Obama on the White House grounds was really funny. 

There was an actual Peterman catalog which I would get in the mail. 

What do you think of the last episode? It didn’t go over well with the viewers.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Are you there for just today or tomorrow too. If both days get as much as you can get in today because tomorrow is a all day rain there in NYC.

Thank you for the warning but we'll be home tonight. The crowds are ridiculous. Coming here always seems like a better idea when I'm at home than actually here.

Boston is a much more civilized city.

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thank you for the warning but we'll be home tonight. The crowds are ridiculous. Coming here always seems like a better idea when I'm at home than actually here.

Pensacola is my kind of city.  Big cities and crowds are not my idea of a fun time.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love New York City, but I don’t visit in winter , planning on spending my 75th this June . Best food and entertainment.

• Like 4

@Ocean Boy When work schedules and Christmas dates aligned, my DH and I would go into the City on New Years Day and stay a few days to see a show and go to the Met. Museum of Art.

The decorations were still in place, but the City was much quieter than before Christmas.

We haven’t been to NYC since the start of Covid and other things.

Hoping you are having an enjoyable day despite the crowds.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Twice in years past I've unintentionally got caught up in SantaCon craziness.  Both times I wished I was younger and at the same time, glad I wasn't younger. LOL.  Fortunately , there are enough places that don't allow SantaCon shenanigans.   From what I understand, it has been toned down in recent years.

Fun Fact: There are only 2 days a year where alcohol is banned from Metro-North trains. New Years Eve & SantaCon.

We've been there as well.  You haven't lived unless you've been on a subway train at midnight with a bunch of drunk Santas.

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Take away 8 million people out of NYC and then both city would just about be the same.

New York, NY   Boston, MA  
 Population 8,736,047 672,814
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Ohtani signed a 10 year contract for 700 million dollars.Slightly more that I earned in my best 10;year period.😄

That seals the deal then, The Yankees won't pay Soto a contract like that when he walks the end of  his 2024 contract.

He will want just as much as Ohtani or more because that is just the way Soto is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very true.In 2014 we went to Boston for a weekend with two other couples.My friend Tony a huge Yankees fan wore Yankee player jerseys,a jacket and a hat.Nobody had a problem.

• Like 2