Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

That's why I loved doing the co-author thing with @Ozark_Kid... I didn't feel obligated to post something regularly, because I knew he'd be posting as well.  

I don't think I'd enjoy doing a Live Thread all on my own, especially with how slow the internet can be once in a while on board!

I really enjoyed us doing it together.  Even though I really enjoy doing lives It's getting to be more of a challenge for me.  I am thankful and looking forward to the Icon live. @cruisinghawg agreed to get one started and others on the roll call will join in. There will be a lot of new stuff to cover.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Saturday was really nice.  60 and sunny skies.  We picked up our tree.  We bought a 7.5' Douglas fir for $70.   

Eric bought a Tree Genie stand on a black friday sale.   It worked great!  Made the job of setting up the tree so much easier than a traditional tree stand.   

Eric will hang tree lights today.  He likes to give the tree a day to settle in or as I call it watch football.

It is sunny here ,42 degrees and still windy.Amazing that there are no tree branches on our community grass .

• Like 2

I was reading posts and looking at pictures of a WC's blog page on FB.
WOW their cabin does not seem to have room after their bags, trunks, shoes, other belongings etc. Where will they sleep!!! It looks like one of the bigger (?) ocean view cabins on the very front of the ship. Remarkable organization on their part, but still cabin is very small for that long a cruise.

I am able to (and it is very easy to) read this blog on FB because I do not have to sign up on FB or ask permission to join a group. Can THE blog/trip report that I so much want to read not be structured like this where one does not have to sign up and ask to join? PLEASE?

• Like 2

And on another WC topic:

A cruise friend of ours (Bob Brown) was on one some years back. I don't remember if it was Oceana or another one of those upscale smaller cruise lines. He had mentioned he was on a waiting list first. I think the fare was in the range of $80K ish. He was solo (at the beginning of the voyage😁).
He had quite the adventure....he had a medical emergency and had to go off the ship for a couple days, then rejoined, He posted/reported also from his hospital bed. And he found the love of his life onboard, was married by the captain, etc etc.
Many of you may have read that "live" report.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Always enjoy your beautiful sea pics Graham. Can’t get over how green the grass is this time of the year. Hope you and Pauline have a wonderful day.

Thank you.

We have had a lot of rain lately and mild temperatures.

I hope you have a lovely day too.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Not far from us

IMG_9967.mov 17.93 MB · 8 downloads  

IMG_9970.thumb.jpeg.862dc76906ea6648baf1714cb79745b8.jpeg

Reminds me of an ad I've been seeing on Twitter for a game called the Tumbling Tower game.  It looks like Jenga but with questions on each block design to stimulate interesting discussions.  One of the blocks in the ad reads, "If you were going about your normal day, how many owls would you need to see before you thought something was wrong?".  Replace owls with turkeys and this is way above the number I'd need before thinking something is wrong.

Another interesting game block..."If you came with a warning label, what would it say?"  This one works for me:

image.thumb.png.52ec02e6fea0bd1e44104854f44de192.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

The Do Not Freeze label is timely for me because I teed off this morning in 47F temps and pretty gusty winds.  Very cold for golf for several holes until the sun warmed things a touch, although not much.  We did see what might have been a bald eagle on a tree on the golf course.  We have a couple near us.  I cropped in for a closer look but the picture quality isn't great.  Maybe it's an osprey?  Any bird experts here who can offer their opinion from the picture?

IMG_0947.thumb.jpg.8097270b2c4468ccffabedff7baf396d.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg.30657214461933007ab4f9fd3d67b802.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

And on another WC topic:

A cruise friend of ours (Bob Brown) was on one some years back. I don't remember if it was Oceana or another one of those upscale smaller cruise lines. He had mentioned he was on a waiting list first. I think the fare was in the range of $80K ish. He was solo (at the beginning of the voyage😁).
He had quite the adventure....he had a medical emergency and had to go off the ship for a couple days, then rejoined, He posted/reported also from his hospital bed. And he found the love of his life onboard, was married by the captain, etc etc.
Many of you may have read that "live" report.

And another WC topic:

I wonder if Royal has any projections on how many passengers they would expect to pass away on the voyage.  A couple from our church, who did a WC several years ago, told a story of a woman on their cruise whose husband passed away.  They said she arranged to have him cremated at one of the ports, and brought his remains back on board.  She told them her husband had always wanted to go on a WC, and he was going to finish it.  

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I was reading posts and looking at pictures of a WC's blog page on FB.
WOW their cabin does not seem to have room after their bags, trunks, shoes, other belongings etc. Where will they sleep!!! It looks like one of the bigger (?) ocean view cabins on the very front of the ship. Remarkable organization on their part, but still cabin is very small for that long a cruise.

I am able to (and it is very easy to) read this blog on FB because I do not have to sign up on FB or ask permission to join a group. Can THE blog/trip report that I so much want to read not be structured like this where one does not have to sign up and ask to join? PLEASE?

I think we are READING the same one.  The couple travelled around the US in a RV for 3 years prior to this world cruise and have packing and living in a small space down to an art form.  Their use of magnetic items on the cabins walls is particularly impressive.  The ticket off the countries wall poster that RC supplied is cute.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Hope Jim's doctor appointment goes well.   Hope the weather cooperates for you.

I saw your post about heading to Florida on the 27th.  Do you go for the whole winter season?  If so what part of Florida to stay?   We are thinking of eventually getting a place down there when Doug retires (hopefully next year) and am starting to look into some Florida locations.   Thanks for any input. 

Thank you, Valerie!  Good reports from Jim's doctor, and the rain had stopped this morning before he had to leave.  All good!

We are in Naples.  It's a beautiful area with beautiful beaches, lots of places to eat and shop.  It's grown a lot since we bought there back in 2002.  Lots of traffic, but it's probably like that all over Florida these days.🌴  We try to head down right after Christmas, and stay until the end of April.  We love it there!

Happy hunting!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Almost finished with ornaments I am making for the ladies I play mahjongg with.  Had to order the red fabric, had hoped the tiles would be a bit smaller print sp you could see more. Oh well.

Still have a few more non mahjongg ones to make but have more time for those.

20231211_153616.thumb.jpg.4f4312a0ee8b9ae02f06091c751e92bc.jpg

• Like 19

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

The turkeys used to fly up onto the trees in my Mom's yard in Rosebank years ago.  I never knew that turkeys could fly, until they started going in Mom's trees.

I just asked Jim if he saw any turkeys while at the doctor's in South Beach, but he said he didn't see any.  Isn't that unusual?  Or have they somehow alleviated them near the hospital there?

5 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Almost finished with ornaments I am making for the ladies I play mahjongg with.  Had to order the red fabric, had hoped the tiles would be a bit smaller print sp you could see more. Oh well.

Very pretty, April!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Wow!  Those look so nice.  Lucky ladies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I would like to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and prayers for me as I had my colonoscopy today. 

It became reality yesterday at 5 pm when I made my cocktail of 6 ounces of magnesium citrate in Powerade lemon aid. 
It was tolerable and after the mix of 34 ounces I had to drink 32 ounces of water in 60 min. 
I started the timer for 2 reasons. To make sure I drank all that in time limit and to see when nature calls. 

I then floated to the guest bathroom - phone, charger, book and preparation H and preparation H wipes. 

Pre treated outflow area with preparation H. 

At the 14 min mark. It work. 
and worked

and worked. 

If  you get my drift for 90 min. 
Not painful. 
No cramps. 

Took a shower. 
Had my supper. Lime jello. 

Watched Kansas City play Buffalo (sorry Seadog). 

Went to bed. 
Got up at 4am. 
Second verse same as the first. 

Got a phone call they had a couple cancellations. Asked if I could come in early. So out through the door. 

Arrived early. 
Whisked off to Preop. 
Quickly admitted. 
One of the Anesthesiologists started the IV. 

My best friend who could have been my sister if I would have been so blessed gave me a sedative. Yup. versed. Great drug. 

Off to the endoscopy room 

Monitors on. 
Doctor said goodnight. 
I had great dreams. Propofol great drug. 
If I could remember them I would tell you. 

Test done. 
Doctor spoke to my spouse

CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH!!!!!

Pictures perfect. Prep worked. 
Next colonoscopy 10 years. 

Um. When you are a request case. You get 

((((Drugged)))))))

Besides being a cheap date. I got the top shelf of sedation and survived the bonus token fentanyl. 

I eventually went home. 
Had broccoli cheese soup. 
Baked 2 batches of cookies. 

Now off to Christina s MIL house. 
We will have Miss Zoey for the week. 
Miami of Ohio going to the “ Cure bowl”

in Orlando. So Brandon and Christina are on an all expense vacation leaving tomorrow. 

Ok. Interstate 76 is now a Blue light special. 
Damn. Locals, sheriffs and highway patrol. 

Thanks again for thinking of me. 

Sue

💕

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1