Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Another beautiful sunrise this morning at the beach. 

IMG_0250.thumb.jpeg.c5d920c57167b8a780233b02a6565eb8.jpeg

@HBE4 if you are looking for a retirement home, this is one for sale in the area we are staying. 

IMG_0251.thumb.jpeg.21377e1b5b9b16f9885f29c809dc2dc7.jpeg

It looks like there is enough room that we could come and stay with you during the winter.  Only $16,000,000 and taxes of $200k a year.

https://www.redfin.com/FL/Pompano-Beach/2004-Bay-Dr-33062/home/41518952

• Like 15

16 hours ago, helen haywood said:

@bobmacliberty Thanks for the video of Shrimp Fest.  I had been thinking about going…not anymore!! 😁

I get what you mean about crowds.  There are a few times a year when the island gets overrun.  Shrimp Fest is the worst from a crowd standpoint.  That video though wasn't actually Shrimp Fest...it was just the New Year's Eve shrimp drop.  The Shrimp Festival is in May and is 3 days long, Friday to Sunday.  They get more than 100,000 people. 😧  Parking is the worst part. 

We will usually only go on Friday when the crowds are smaller.  Still gives is a chance to taste the great food and typically buy a few things from the local artists.  Last year, Micheline found a great set of earrings and a matching necklace from a local jeweler, and the year before we found a beautiful photo of wild horses on Cumberland Island to hang on our dining room wall.  If you've not been, I'd suggest checking it out on Friday.

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I back my entire phone up to a Samsung SSD. I feel better with backups in my physical possession. 

I used to keep backups on portable hard drives.  I've got more than 20,000 photos though, so I finally gave up and am trusting Amazon. 😬

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

I used to keep backups on portable hard drives.  I've got more than 20,000 photos though, so I finally gave up and am trusting Amazon. 😬

I have enjoyed my Synology NAS but they have upgraded the operating system so much and the NAS is so old they say future upgrades will not work on my system.  Mine still works but I have been thinking of getting a new one.  I like being able to get on it even when I am away from the house.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Is there a flow rider at this resort? Or one nearby?

Not here. They have water slides and two lazy rivers. There is a resort closer to Cancun that has one though. Not sure if they welcome day guests, but I can wait until our March cruise. 

Interesting.  We've been talking a lot about cord cutting for TV recently and guess what popped up on my YouTube feed...a video about cord cutting.  Coincidence?  Hmmm.  🤔 I watched the video and it does a good job of discuss all aspects of the process, including several options and budgeting.  If you're thinking about ditching your cable company, it's worth a watch.

I've got an additional suggestion.  If you're an iPhone user (I'm guessing also for Android users, but I don't know), sign up for a streaming service through their app on your phone.  The fee then gets charged through Apple Pay, which in my case goes to my Amex credit card, and is managed on the phone as a subscription.  The reason I suggest this is that it makes it very easy to manage all of these subscriptions in one place.  Go to Settings, touch your name/Apple ID at the top, then touch subscription.  Each service is listed separately including how much you're paying (either monthly or annually) and when the next payment is due.  If you want to cancel anything, just touch the service and then touch cancel subscription.  Very easy.  

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Not here. They have water slides and two lazy rivers. There is a resort closer to Cancun that has one though. Not sure if they welcome day guests, but I can wait until our March cruise. 

Search Aquaworld,it might be near you.Its open to the public. 

Edited by Jimbo

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

@ReneeFLLyou are my hero.  

+1

@ReneeFLL said everything I was thinking but was afraid to write. LOL.

And you were right, a general, helpful tips/tricks/hacks thread should be just that, people sharing what works for them. There is no right or wrong. Why that certain person felt the need to turn it into a competitive sport is beyond me but I've seen them do it on other threads as well. Always right & needing to get the last word in. *sigh*, I guess not everyone can be as wonderful as us. 😀😉😇

. And kudo's to you for sticking to your guns in a very diplomatic way.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Good earlier morning here in North Central Arkansas. 

It's is Snowing! And 34⁰.

Rare to be snowing here.

50 & light  drizzle here in NY. Not a snowflake in sight in the 10 day forecast. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It looks like there is enough room that we could come and stay with you during the winter.  Only $16,000,000 and taxes of $200k a year.

https://www.redfin.com/FL/Pompano-Beach/2004-Bay-Dr-33062/home/41518952

Sure, although I will be charging a premium for the "Lighthouse" view. 😈

• Haha 6

You know you have been at your rental long enough, when your wife starts getting Amazon deliveries here. 

IMG_0260.thumb.jpeg.a2edb03a5f64dc2b586ab9b95799a1ca.jpeg

Daryl is still in Christmas mode. 

IMG_0263.thumb.jpeg.e7fa89f07b94c914449b076354fdc8c9.jpeg

Daryl found some more new friends, but they are not the inflatable kind. 

IMG_0259.thumb.jpeg.3c102bca9d07b4966697aa9a4763c857.jpeg

You know you are in Florida when these are around. 

IMG_0207.thumb.jpeg.521b222e3e17d8f16029eb723c3ee80a.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 10

Will a  free trial on Paramount Plus get me the Philadelphia Eagles/ Arizona Cardinals game this Sunday.

I never bought the NFL package this year because every game up until now was a National game here is Southwest Virginia.

Otherwise might hang around a bar for 3 and half hours and that is along time to just stay there.

So will just getting the  free trial give me access to the game? Not sure how Paramount Plus works?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Will a  free trial on Paramount Plus get me the Philadelphia Eagles/ Arizona Cardinals game this Sunday.

I never bought the NFL package this year because every game up until now was a National game here is Southwest Virginia.

Otherwise might hang around a bar for 3 and half hours and that is along time to just stay there.

So will just getting the  free trial give me access to the game? Not sure how Paramount Plus works?

Will paramount plus show all games shown on cbs ? We were planing to go to sports bar this Sunday, but would love to see it at home.

A bit cloudy and cool here today. It didn’t slow the chair hogs. This was at 7:30 am. No one paid for the Bali bed. They have 6 cabanas but they are booked solid. 

IMG_2881.thumb.jpeg.5efd058f715011e40083c9872f42f7e1.jpeg

A little snack before lunch. The dark nacho chips threw me, but tasted good. 

IMG_2884.thumb.jpeg.b96f6247b1e967ab486c290f73cc97b2.jpeg

IMG_2885.thumb.jpeg.5654af7ac639e97179f45079710e3b8a.jpeg

Lisa and Owen just played a round of gin pong. No drinking by Owen, maybe a bit by Lisa. 

IMG_2891.thumb.jpeg.f38ce6afcd0c67394709125ab2f60192.jpeg

Meanwhile I played electronic bingo. No charge and not a winner. 

IMG_2886.thumb.png.1b16c53af1f7077522cc90eca3315041.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

A bit cloudy and cool here today. It didn’t slow the chair hogs. This was at 7:30 am. No one paid for the Bali bed. They have 6 cabanas but they are booked solid. 

IMG_2881.thumb.jpeg.5efd058f715011e40083c9872f42f7e1.jpeg

A little snack before lunch. The dark nacho chips threw me, but tasted good. 

IMG_2884.thumb.jpeg.b96f6247b1e967ab486c290f73cc97b2.jpeg

IMG_2885.thumb.jpeg.5654af7ac639e97179f45079710e3b8a.jpeg

Lisa and Owen just played a round of gin pong. No drinking by Owen, maybe a bit by Lisa. 

IMG_2891.thumb.jpeg.f38ce6afcd0c67394709125ab2f60192.jpeg

Meanwhile I played electronic bingo. No charge and not a winner. 

IMG_2886.thumb.png.1b16c53af1f7077522cc90eca3315041.png

Looks like Owen found a friend

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

@ReneeFLLyou are my hero.  

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

+1

@ReneeFLL said everything I was thinking but was afraid to write. LOL.

And you were right, a general, helpful tips/tricks/hacks thread should be just that, people sharing what works for them. There is no right or wrong. Why that certain person felt the need to turn it into a competitive sport is beyond me but I've seen them do it on other threads as well. Always right & needing to get the last word in. *sigh*, I guess not everyone can be as wonderful as us. 😀😉😇

. And kudo's to you for sticking to your guns in a very diplomatic way.

What did I miss?

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

You know you have been at your rental long enough, when your wife starts getting Amazon deliveries here. 

IMG_0260.thumb.jpeg.a2edb03a5f64dc2b586ab9b95799a1ca.jpeg

Daryl is still in Christmas mode. 

IMG_0263.thumb.jpeg.e7fa89f07b94c914449b076354fdc8c9.jpeg

Daryl found some more new friends, but they are not the inflatable kind. 

IMG_0259.thumb.jpeg.3c102bca9d07b4966697aa9a4763c857.jpeg

You know you are in Florida when these are around. 

IMG_0207.thumb.jpeg.521b222e3e17d8f16029eb723c3ee80a.jpeg

If there is a cold snap be careful that one doesn't fall out of a tree onto your head.  Lol.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

My guess is no, unless the game would be broadcast locally anyway.  Only YouTube TV (previously DirecTV) has the residential NFL Sunday Ticket and are therefore the only provider that can broadcast out of market games to homes.  Bars and restaurants buy a business version of the NFL Sunday Ticket that still comes from DirecTV. 

Looks like you'll need to spend 3 hours in a bar. Do a search for a nearby Eagles fan group and you can probably watch with other like-minded people.  The place we go to has a big Bills group in one corner and a big Eagles group in another corner.  Every now and then we'll hear " E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!", and we'll know they just scored.  Almost like this:

• Like 2