Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, George C said:

When I was stationed in Germany in 1970 , my room was next to the army pub , drinks were 30 cents but at happy hour they were 15 cents, so when happy hour was going to end I would order 5 drinks for a grand total of 75 cents. 

Yeah, I was selling beers for $0.15 to $0.25, and the 16 oz Pepsi for $0.20.  Everything at 100% of my cost. 

Next I will be saying “Ah, the good old days!”

• Like 2

16 hours ago, HBE4 said:

\Billy Joel is one of my favorite and love just about all of his songs. Some of my favorite are "Moving Out", "Big Shot", "Goodnight Saigon", "Only the Good Die Young". I guess 70's & early 80's Billy.

Yes, yes, yes and yes!

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I really like a couple of Billy Joel's slower songs...New York State of Mind and Vienna.

I always get ferklempt when I hear "the NY Times, the Daily News......

Small tidbit.  Jack was once on the cover of the Daily News. No, he didn't kill anyone.  His picture was taken as he was walking through a major NYC snowstorm looking all bundled up and shivering.  

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So you are telling me that he didn't write the song about me.😉😁

I have posted here previously that I have written songs ,one of which was recorded by a singer/actor in 1990.

Perhaps one day I will write a song about you.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Yeah, I was selling beers for $0.15 to $0.25, and the 16 oz Pepsi for $0.20.  Everything at 100% of my cost. 

Next I will be saying “Ah, the good old days!”

My college alumni has a newspaper that is sent to the alum several times a year.The one that I received yesterday had a menu from a diner like restaurant near the college.The menu was from 1955 and featured comlete dinners for eighty cents.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I have been dwelling over on the Princess Boards, reading up on medallion class and getting acquainted with their new app they just rolled out. 

I went through their app, and I am actually checked in for that cruise, even though it isn’t until next January.  

I was looking through the package I bought, and I thought it said you would get two premium desserts per sailing, but on further inspection, it is two per day.  

Oh my, I hope these don’t have any calories, or I may be in trouble. 

IMG_0586.thumb.jpeg.8b6852acd875439a8ddc04ad137588a4.jpeg

One can easily see that these have very few calories.😀

• Haha 5

Sorry to ask what might be another dumb NYC question...  I'm booking flights and the intention was to fly in to Newark and stay there since we are cruising out of Cape Liberty but now that plan has changed and I want to stay in Midtown.  Would I be better off flying into JFK and flying out EWR after the cruise or should I stick with EWR both legs?

13 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Sorry to ask what might be another dumb NYC question...  I'm booking flights and the intention was to fly in to Newark and stay there since we are cruising out of Cape Liberty but now that plan has changed and I want to stay in Midtown.  Would I be better off flying into JFK and flying out EWR after the cruise or should I stick with EWR both legs?

24 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

My understanding is that the closest airports to Manhattan, in order, are LGA then JFK then EWR.  We flew in and out of LaGuardia.  Getting into Manhattan was easy by taxi and LGA is very nice now after the update.  Not sure that it's worth changing from EWR though if you'll pay a big price increase to use one of the other airports.

If you've got an extra $200 per person to spare, consider taking a helicopter from either JFK or EWR into Manhattan.  Sort of like booking a helicopter tour excursion.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

My understanding is that the closest airports to Manhattan, in order, are LGA then JFK then EWR.  We flew in and out of LaGuardia.  Getting into Manhattan was easy by taxi and LGA is very nice now after the update.  Not sure that it's worth changing from EWR though if you'll pay a big price increase to use one of the other airports.

If you've got an extra $200 per person to spare, consider taking a helicopter from either JFK or EWR into Manhattan.  Sort of like booking a helicopter tour excursion.

Thanks, there wouldn't be any charge since I booked with points and can cancel a rebook without penalty.  Unfortunately LGA isn't an option.  I'm flying JetBlue and it's either EWR or JFK. 

Very cool helicopter idea, I might even do it if was alone.  DW would scratch my eyes out if I tried to get onboard that little thing. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Thanks, there wouldn't be any charge since I booked with points and can cancel a rebook without penalty.  Unfortunately LGA isn't an option.  I'm flying JetBlue and it's either EWR or JFK. 

Very cool helicopter idea, I might even do it if was alone.  DW would scratch my eyes out if I tried to get onboard that little thing. 

9 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

We almost always fly to LGA , but JFK used to have a flat taxi fare to go to midtown 

On 1/9/2024 at 11:32 AM, A&L_Ont said:

Owen now has his G2, and can drive on his own. Now he has to save up for some wheels, but until then we don’t have to drive him to all of his practices.

IMG_3325.thumb.jpeg.87e2f5cd83497945eb26d0f81dbce0bc.jpeg

Congrats to Owen. I don’t know what kind of car it is, but it looks nice and plenty big for all his sports equipment.

On 1/11/2024 at 8:33 AM, h20skibum said:

44 years ago today, I met my wife on a blind date.  204 days later, we were married.  Maybe we will go celebrate tonight.

Congratulations and Happy Belated Anniversary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I would fly into LGA first choice JFK second and fly back out of Newark

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have posted here previously that I have written songs ,one of which was recorded by a singer/actor in 1990.

Perhaps one day I will write a song about you.

I sure a song about me will be a Billboard chart buster.🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

50 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Congrats to Owen. I don’t know what kind of car it is, but it looks nice and plenty big for all his sports equipment.

It is a 2023 Lexus RX. It holds a fair amount of sports equipment but more importantly multiple cruise suitcases. 😄

• Like 4

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I have been dwelling over on the Princess Boards, reading up on medallion class and getting acquainted with their new app they just rolled out. 

I went through their app, and I am actually checked in for that cruise, even though it isn’t until next January.  

I was looking through the package I bought, and I thought it said you would get two premium desserts per sailing, but on further inspection, it is two per day.  

Oh my, I hope these don’t have any calories, or I may be in trouble. 

I bet you were buzzing when you read this, seriously.🐝

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

How about some Lucy photos from today. 

She’s waiting for a snack. 

IMG_3423.thumb.jpeg.6ee7fbc9e9a8eec00cd92fae79dcb135.jpeg

Lisa walked her to the barn. 

The following ensued.  Time to pet me.

IMG_0369.thumb.jpeg.498a0209532b9da644f8d07fc3d4c1db.jpeg

More treats?

IMG_0368.thumb.jpeg.f91205bc826451b3000e7b2d3760349c.jpeg