Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@bobmacliberty hey Bob, I just finished reading the Hawaii portion of your review from last September for at least the 3rd time so far! Question for you regarding the Grand Hyatt in Kauai.  Some recent Google reviews are not great. In particular, people are commenting that the rooms are dated and there are several comments about musty smelling rooms and mold in the shower.  Maybe these are more standard rooms as opposed to Oceanfront or Oceanview rooms? I didn’t see anything similar in your statements about the resort. To be honest, the majority of reviews are 5/5 glowing reports, but since there are several mentioning the same concerns, I thought I’d get your input.  
Are there newer/older areas of the resort?  I’m also considering the Sonesta which is is Lihue, so if you (or anyone else) can add any comments regarding Lihue vs Poipu, I would greatly appreciate it.  

Just now, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

@Sea Dog Hope your knee gets better soon.  Happy thoughts like Jost VD!

Here’s  a line shot from St Maarten.

IMG_2343.thumb.jpeg.5d88f032e46babdb6360ff35a484ddbd.jpeg

Yes thinking of JVD puts me in my happy place. Love the pic. Winner winner!!

• Like 4

On 1/26/2024 at 10:18 AM, h20skibum said:

You are bound to hit some setbacks, Greg.   That is what happened when my mom had hers done.   Just keep working at it, and it will get better.

Hope you are on the upward turn. The poor weather does not help you in wanting to get out and moving. Sending healing thoughts to you both.

21 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Rangers vs last year's Stanley Cup Champs Vegas Golden Knights. Hoping for a competitive game. Last time these 2 teams met it was a lop-sided loss for Rangers. 

20240126_183214.thumb.jpg.bbe5cdfdb3507c5f88de032e62f36092.jpg

Sorry it didn’t work out the way you hoped. Owen, on the other hand was happy with the outcome. I knew someone at the game and he wasn’t pleased with the outcome. Can’t quote what he said, but you get the idea. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, George C said:

Looking forward to seeing Judy Collins in concert tonight, we have excellent seats , even though it’s a short drive we will stay at a hotel which is across the street .

Like OB, I too am curious how she sounds today.  She sounded like an angel during the height of her popularity.  I saw her at the Newport Folk Festival in the mid 60s and to me, she was the highlight of the whole evening.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 4:42 PM, h20skibum said:

I have had a hard time keeping up here the last couple days.  I have been taking care of patient 3225, otherwise known as my wife. 

IMG_0607.thumb.jpeg.eaeb4bf4e526202c23b26ec01cfa417e.jpeg

Everything turned out well, and we are back to normal.  

Lunch today was at a new Thai restaurant.  We have been there a couple of times, and haven’t found anything bad. 

You get a couple spring rolls with your meal, but we ordered some extras. 

IMG_0609.thumb.jpeg.90dc0695ccca6d83c029ecf8d9c29158.jpeg

Susan had shrimp fried rice. 

IMG_0611.thumb.jpeg.b5c70fd46c7f5a2f4d6706f1102eebb2.jpeg

I had Pad Thai

IMG_0610.thumb.jpeg.9ccdd3c37f92fe0706068588f0d2ccbc.jpeg

I was hesitant to order it, because I got violently ill on some I had at Universal Studios last year.  

Much better outcome today.  

Off to work a funeral dinner at our church tonight. 

Did your Pad Thai shrimp have the tails left on? I love Shrimp Pad Thai but hate when the tails are left on the shrimp. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Graham. I’m hanging in there.

Greg, have you tried an OTC called Hyland’s Restful Legs?

I found out about Hyland’s after I fell twice on vacation because of leg cramps. 
A pharmacist recommended Hyland’s Leg Cramps and I used them ever since. 
Then I found their Restful Legs. If I ride in a car for more than a couple of hours my legs start driving me crazy. 
Hyland’s to the rescue. 
Their stuff may not work for everyone, but they do for me. 
I’ve bought them at Walgreens and CVS. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Greg, have you tried an OTC called Hyland’s Restful Legs?

I found out about Hyland’s after I fell twice on vacation because of leg cramps. 
A pharmacist recommended Hyland’s Leg Cramps and I used them ever since. 
Then I found their Restful Legs. If I ride in a car for more than a couple of hours my legs start driving me crazy. 
Hyland’s to the rescue. 
Their stuff may not work for everyone, but they do for me. 
I’ve bought them at Walgreens and CVS. 

Yes I did try Restful Legs and it did not work. Also tried a cream that you rub on your legs and it did not work. I did have a little relief from taking magnesium pills. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Did your Pad Thai shrimp have the tails left on? I love Shrimp Pad Thai but hate when the tails are left on the shrimp. 

I had chicken Pad Thai, so no tails on it

Susan had shrimp fried rice, and no tails there, either.

I am slowly working my way through their huge menu.  Everything so far has been pretty good.

Edited by h20skibum

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Like OB, I too am curious how she sounds today.  She sounded like an angel during the height of her popularity.  I saw her at the Newport Folk Festival in the mid 60s and to me, she was the highlight of the whole evening.

I saw her in Carnegie Hall in 1965.I saw her recently on a PBS show that was a few years old but she sounded very good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Graham. I’m hanging in there.

I have two products for you to check .I bought them .They did not work for me but they worked for those who recommended them:

Australian Dream.It is a cream that comes in a jar.

Arnicare : A cream that comes in a tube.

• Like 1

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

I have two products for you to check .I bought them .They did not work for me but they worked for those who recommended them:

Australian Dream.It is a cream that comes in a jar.

Arnicare : A cream that comes in a tube.

Thanks Lenny I will check those products out.

4 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

@Sea Dog  Sorry to hear your knees are still troubling. I hope your two four legged nurses help get you back in high spirits .

@dani negreanu thinking of you and hoping you are still with your family enjoying every moment

where is and what happened to @Jimbo

Thank you! The pups have been good love monsters.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I saw him posting on one of the world cruise blogs on FB today.   I am wondering if he is taking a break from CC or playing monopoly

Poor Jimbo. I think his words and how he says things are taken out of context sometimes.  Deep down I believe he means well.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Poor Jimbo. I think his words and how he says things are taken out of context sometimes.  Deep down I believe he means well.

I guess I missed something.

• Like 1

My daughter and her husband are on the Wonder now and they were at CocoCay today.  I told my grandson that mom and dad were at CocoCay today and he said that's where Mr. Beast was. Mr. Beast does his favorite youtube videos.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I saw him posting on one of the world cruise blogs on FB today.   I am wondering if he is taking a break from CC or playing monopoly

I'd put my money on Monopoly.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@Ocean Boy  I they have ship models do you want me to get you one?

I so appreciate your thoughtfulness. However, I kind of keep my collection to ships that I've been on. Thanks so much again for your offer. I don't want to seem ungrateful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I did try Restful Legs and it did not work. Also tried a cream that you rub on your legs and it did not work. I did have a little relief from taking magnesium pills. 

I’m so sorry you’re having a hard time  I wish I knew a magic elixirs that would take the misery away. 
Hopefully shots will make a difference. 

• Like 2