Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Have to get a picture tomorrow of the house with the windows.

Right now we are still in NJ.  Board a train today at 1:45pm for ride back South to Virginia.

Be back home late tonight.

You are a regular Amtrak passenger, correct?  I'm thinking of booking my first Amtrak trip later this month, NY to Philly.  Question: How is their on-time performance?

The reason I ask is that when I take Metro-North train into NYC, the station is shared with Amtrak & it frequently seems the Amtrak trains are behind schedule, sometimes by many hours.  Not sure if that is typical or isolated to that one line, which is the Hudson line up to Montreal. From what I understand, there is a lot of freight trains that get priority schedule that impacts Amtrak, which hopefully is not the case between NYC & Philly.

36 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I just shut off my notification settings also.  Lots of notifications from my Roll Call

I leave notifications on the bell but you can check those in your own time.

Also managed content in activity. 

• Like 1

Go to basically any speed test site on the internet with your phone. I use:

https://www.speedtest.net/

Then take a screen shot of your results. I don't think you have a iphone for android phones it's  holding down the 'Power' and 'Volume down' buttons. For iPhone it's the 'Volume Up' and 'Power On' buttons on the side. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Lenny @lenquixote66.

I hope you are okay.

A number of your friends on here are worried about you as you have not posted recently.

Graham.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

A friend of mine on a Float away thread told me Lenny @lenquixote66 is well and she was in contact with him yesterday.

I believe I last posted Saturday or Sunday.My blood pressure spiked up very high necessitating at emergency visit to the doctor treating me for hypertension.I also accidentally overdosed on two medications As I have posted on here numerous times I have 16 medical issues besides Parkinsons and several of them decided to cause me problems this week.

Graham,I believe you are referring to Julie .We are not in conversational contact but we play each other in WWF .That keeps my brain active.

Thanks for your concern .

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

14 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I believe I last posted Saturday or Sunday.My blood pressure spiked up very high necessitating at emergency visit to the doctor treating me for hypertension.I also accidentally overdosed on two medications As I have posted on here numerous times I have 16 medical issues besides Parkinsons and several of them decided to cause me problems this week.

Graham,I believe you are referring to Julie .We are not in conversational contact but we play each other in WWF .That keeps my brain active.

Thanks for your concern .

Yes it was Julie who I have known for 4 years.

Sorry to hear your BP was very high and you had accidentally overdosed on a couple of medications.

I'm happy to see you posting on here.

Take care my friend.

Graham.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks like his last post was Sunday.  @lenquixote66 Now I'm worried.

I sure hope he is okay🙏

Many of my medical issues resurfaced this week.One of my doctors who is  a wonderful person as well as a doctor has been trying to get me a consult with a doctor who is considered to be among the very best on the planet.

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Then take a screen shot of your results. I don't think you have a iphone for android phones it's  holding down the 'Power' and 'Volume down' buttons. For iPhone it's the 'Volume Up' and 'Power On' buttons on the side. Hope this helps.

Yes, I do know how to do a screen shot. I don't know how meaningful these results are. Sometimes things go well and other times it takes forever for a website, like CC, to load.

Screenshot_20240209_124713_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b015a0ffa8a4f55e76f1c7c89128eb87.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes, I do know how to do a screen shot. I don't know how meaningful these results are. Sometimes things go well and other times it takes forever for a website, like CC, to load. Feel free to translate for me if these are good or bad results.

Screenshot_20240209_124713_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b015a0ffa8a4f55e76f1c7c89128eb87.jpg

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Yes it was Julie who I have known for 4 years.

Sorry to hear your BP was very high and you had accidentally overdosed on a couple of medications.

I'm happy to see you posting on here.

Take care my friend.

Graham.

There is no cure for two of the medical issues that I have,Venous Insufficiency and Parkinson’s.Both have gotten worse over the past year.

I took myself off the medications because the side effects are horrible and since the medications cannot cure the illnesses I have decided to live my life as long as it may be my way

I have had a wonderful life with many good friends.My father lived to age 85 with both of these illnesses and more.

Toby knows who the CC people are who I e-mail with and when I leave the planet or get to the point where I am unable to post on here.

Thank you to all those who have posted about me this past week.I sincerely appreciate your thoughts

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

There is no cure for two of the medical issues that I have,Venous Insufficiency and Parkinson’s.Both have gotten worse over the past year.

I took myself off the medications because the side effects are horrible and since the medications cannot cure the illnesses I have decided to live my life as long as it may be my way

I have had a wonderful life with many good friends.My father lived to age 85 with both of these illnesses and more.

Toby knows who the CC people are who I e-mail with and when I leave the planet or get to the point where I am unable to post on here.

Thank you to all those who have posted about me this past week.I sincerely appreciate your thoughts

It would seem that none of your issues are curable. If they were then you would no longer have those issues, correct?

• Like 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

It would seem that none of your issues are curable. If they were then you would no longer have those issues, correct?

I am dealing with 17 medical issues ,15 are curable.While theoretically one cannot die from Parkinson’s but illnesses related to the disease can cause one to leave the planet.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am dealing with 17 medical issues ,15 are curable.While theoretically one cannot die from Parkinson’s but illnesses related to the disease can cause one to leave the planet.

Well, if they are curable then why do you still have them?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, I do know how to do a screen shot. I don't know how meaningful these results are. Sometimes things go well and other times it takes forever for a website, like CC, to load.

Seems typical. One thing I learned from our last cruise is speeds vary greatly inside the cabin with on a balcony being the slowest, while near the door is much better and even best with the door cracked open. We were lucky in that our cabin was near the library where I could go and even get faster results.

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Seems typical. One thing I learned from our last cruise is speeds vary greatly inside the cabin with on a balcony being the slowest, while near the door is much better and even best with the door cracked open. We were lucky in that our cabin was near the library where I could go and even get faster results.

The numbers may look good but the service is terrible. It is not a location issue. I have had great service in the cabin, Solarium,  Windjammer. Something is very different since yesterday and not in a good way.

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The numbers may look good but the service is terrible. It is not a location issue. I have had great service in the cabin, Solarium,  Windjammer. Something is very different since yesterday and not in a good way.

I would suggest logging off the network and restarting your phone.  Reconnect and see if that helps at all.  I find that can help at times.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I would suggest logging off the network and restarting your phone.  Reconnect and see if that helps at all.  I find that can help at times.

Tried it, no better. Just went down to the internet desk. They get back at 4.

• Like 1

Sixty years ago today, the Beatles made their first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show.  

My sister sent me this picture today. Not sure the date it was taken, but the film was developed in May, 64. 

image000001.thumb.jpeg.92c6f2a5456ac1bc24beb2d48f971b94.jpeg

Needless to say, my drumming career never took off.  Maybe it had something to do with the quality of the instruments.  I had a good laugh over this. 🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 19