Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thank you Dani, wow Marina Bay, I can only dream, think its £750 a night while we are there. 

Do you recommend just the viewing platform of MBS or the rooftop bar. And we're you there at dusk? Did you have to book the bar in advance?

Wow, it was less than 350$ per night, including b'fast when I've booked so far in advance. Still, it was one the priciest rooms we've ever booked. With al that's happened in the world since then, I'm so glad we splurged!!!

Sky Park Observation Deck -- 

https://www.marinabaysands.com/attractions/sands-skypark.html

Since we were guests in the hotel, I could see the amazing views from the pool or enter the bar from there with our room card....

• Like 11

On National Pizza  Day the other day while we were in New Jersey visiting our Son, Our Son made us 2 homemade Pizza's

One was Pepperoni and the other one was a Greek Pizza.

Both were very good!

image(2).png     

image(1).png

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 13

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

On National Pizza  Day the other day while we were in New Jersey visiting our Son, Our Son made us 2 homemade Pizza's

Both were very good!     

image(1).png

That Greek pizza looks very good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Slowly passing a Carnival ship on the port side. Didn't see it on cruise mapper so I'm not sure which one it is. It's hot out here. 🥵

20240210_115510.thumb.jpg.74ec779fd2980919dab2099a2a31dda5.jpg

20240210_121416.thumb.jpg.fc0ddb46d57c1b3eb4764d78d970db04.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

Interesting thing. We are packing to move. Oh My Gosh! Packing is awful 🙄 with all of these years of accumulated stuff. We are doing the standard, discard, donate, sell, cleanout. We were going through stuff in the garage from my childhood bedroom. There was a "Yellow Submarine" type plastic trinket box. See. I am tying it into the Beatles/60's connection. Although this was from the early 70's. My vote was to toss it. Bill said wait. Let me look it up. He sells on eBay. 

And within minutes of posting it, he already had offers. Absolutely amazing. 😄 It is some rare thing from the Ridiculous Box Company and there are collectors. Who knew? Anyway, it sold for $150.00. (for a plastic box? ☺️) OrangeBox.thumb.jpg.f728b91bcd450a3cd94b05bd2e54648f.jpg

Major kudos to Bill, who can apparently spot a thing, among my now vintage items. 😄

Are you staying in CA or are you part of the exodus?  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

Interesting thing. We are packing to move. Oh My Gosh! Packing is awful 🙄 with all of these years of accumulated stuff.

I understand.   We were considering downsizing a few years back.  After awhile we both started remembering back of the other times we moved.  At that point we decided to stay put.  We didn't want to experience moving again!

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, George C said:

Ok , what is your prediction for tomorrows game , mine is KC 27- SF 20

Got to stick with the NFC, Lot's a points in this one 49er's 35- 23

I hope Mahomes can limit his crying for calls in this one and the winner isn't determined by bad calls by the refs.

This could be one of the games where Andy Reid is out coached.

• Like 3

Here is a picture as to what the house next's door to us is suppose to look like.

Somehow though when they got delivered the  pre made truss it made the roof look like the bottom picture. They aren't happy about it but they may still have to build something on the top so it looks like the picture.

Not sure how easy or hard that will be to do though. They may be stuck with what they have now.

*I couldn't get a straight on shot  this morning because they are over they today working on the house.

IMG_2289(2).jpg

20240210_135129.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Debbie is it on the Anthem?itinerary?

Yes, their usual 7 night itinerary from Cape Liberty to PC, Nassau and CocoCay.   I will be so happy to get back on Anthem.  I hope to find our favorite bartenders and waitstaff still onboard.    Our last cruise on Serenade in Sept. seems so long ago.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I hate it when the magic fairy dust gets sprinkled before I can hit the reply button.😃

I got dusted on the Romania Passport thread last night. I didn't say much of anything with one post, but 1 of the 3 pages went away over night. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Both were very good!

image(2).png     

image(1).png

They look delicious.    You had some great weather this past week to visit family in NJ.   Hope you had a great time!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

We call them snowdrops over here. Apparently this year is a bumper year for them. 

There were loads of other bulbs coming up which will look beautiful in a few weeks,  also a drift of early daffs in bloom 

The previous owner of my house had planted bulbs over the yard in various corners. Early & late blooming versions of snowdrops, tulips, daffodils, etc of all different varieties. From late Feb until mid-May, it was always a colorful treat of flowers suddenly appearing all over them place, perfectly timed to bloom as others were dying out. 

As time went on, the bulbs either died or squirrels and other animals dug them out.  Funny thing is, sometimes the squirrels would just relocate them to a different part of the yard and I'd have tulips or daffodils appearing in the middle of the front yard.

I tried to replenish them from time to time but I have a black thumb. So I decided to let nature take it's course and eventually most of the bulb gardens have thinned out.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I understand.   We were considering downsizing a few years back.  After awhile we both started remembering back of the other times we moved.  At that point we decided to stay put.  We didn't want to experience moving again!

With having to clear out my parents and Eric's Mom's house in the last 5 years it felt like we moved twice in those 5 years and have no plans of moving any time soon (if ever!)   

Have fun planning your garden and planting your seeds.   I look forward to seeing your adorable assistant, Kenzie, helping with the garden this summer😊     Soon Finley will be helping too!

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Here is a picture as to what the house next's door to us is suppose to look like.

Somehow though when they got delivered the  pre made truss it made the roof look like the bottom picture. They aren't happy about it but they may still have to build something on the top so it looks like the picture.

Not sure how easy or hard that will be to do though. They may be stuck with what they have now.

*I couldn't get a straight on shot  this morning because they are over they today working on the house.

IMG_2289(2).jpg

20240210_135129.jpg

If I was them, I wouldn't be happy that it isn't what I chose.   From the angle of the photo it looks odd.    Hopefully the builder can correct without compromising the structure.   

• Like 1