Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

This stuff is really wet, heavy, and hard to move, too.

Storm decided to shift low and miss us almost completely.  Schools around here announced closings last night, winter parking bans in effect, some businesses didn't open and it was all for nothing.  My deck and lawn has a dusting and the street is wet and that is it!

Careful shoveling that cement, I hate that kind of snow.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Storm decided to shift low and miss us almost completely.  Schools around here announced closings last night, winter parking bans in effect, some businesses didn't open and it was all for nothing.  My deck and lawn has a dusting and the street is wet and that is it!

Careful shoveling that cement, I hate that kind of snow.

I'm glad it worked out for you. It is a mess here. I had to hand shovel the driveway as the wet sh!t kept clogging the snowblower.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well I guess you think highly of those doctors holding you together.😉

I don’t think you are starving. On a more serious note the 1st death reported on the world cruise .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Snowy day here on Eastern LI.

Schools are closed. The plow just went up and down the street.

Our local pharmacy called about a delivery that was scheduled for today but has been cancelled. Will deliver tomorrow. Totally understand.

But, Amazon just made a delivery.

Totally unnecessary given the snow in the driveway and front walk. I feel sorry for the Amazon drivers being sent out in these conditions.

Hoping everyone experiencing the storm is safe and warm. Wishing everyone a good day.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

From what I saw Long Island is suppose to have the highest totals, Pretty close to 1 foot or more !.

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm glad it worked out for you. It is a mess here. I had to hand shovel the driveway as the wet sh!t kept clogging the snowblower.

My DH and son both worked from home today because we were supposed to get that mess too.  We figured it would be a shoveling storm and too much for me to do alone.  I usually clear enough for them to get into the driveway and they do the rest.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

My DH and son both worked from home today because we were supposed to get that mess too.  We figured it would be a shoveling storm and too much for me to do alone.  I usually clear enough for them to get into the driveway and they do the rest.

The snow has stopped. I'm waiting for the snow plow to go by and block the end of the driveway. I'll have to shovel that out before the temperature drops and it freezes tonight.

• Like 8

Just came back from visiting a new periodontist close to my house , las visit to old periodontist they wanted to do thousands of dollars of work, new one just said to continue my cleaning 4 times a year. 
   Currently 63 in Dallas 😁

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did it start snowing there?    I attempted to get to work.  Roads got bad quick around me.  I got stuck ontop of buckingham mountain and ended up sliding down the hill and hit a street sign pole and mailbox.   My passenger side mirror now hanging off.   

Made it home slowly.  Will check out damage when it stops snowing.  Tomorrow I'll stop by the mailbox house.   From what I saw my car got the worst of it.  Their box was still standing.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm okay.   Besides the broken / hanging side mirror assembly.  I do have scratches down the whole the side.   Probably from street side pole.   Cars can be fixed.   I'm just glad I didn't hit anyone else. 

I'm hoping i didnt mess up the mailbox.  I will leave them a note tomorrow when I pass by On way to work.

On my way home there were cars stuck in various places.   I was so happy when I pulled in my driveway.   

Eric was oblivious to the snow.  He was still in bed when I got home.   Living retired life to the fullest🤣

It has stopped snowing.   We just finished shoveling our driveway and neighbors.   

To all shovelers it's a wet heavy snow, Be Careful.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Retirement sounds really appealing after today’s drive to work. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I don’t think you are starving. On a more serious note the 1st death reported on the world cruise .

I saw that earlier.  All they say is it was an elderly lady.  

I think reporters are getting too young.  Anytime I see a story that mentions an “elderly” person, then they mention an age, they are now referring to someone my age. 

To me, elderly will always be someone older than me. 

• Like 16

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Very Pretty, looks like heavy snow too. What are temps for the following days, wondering if the snow will stick around or melt pretty fast.

Nothing here in Virginia at all, beautiful bright sunny day about 45 degrees.

It is heavy & wet. About 12-13 inches was the final total.  Temps for the 5 days are mid-to-high 30's daytime & mid-20 night time but with the longer days & stronger sun, most of it might be gone by next week.  We won't be seeing 40's until middle of next week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

That and my 58 degree day with sunshine.  LOL

20 minutes ago, George C said:

Currently 63 in Dallas 😁

😠😒

lol, just kidding.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I saw that earlier.  All they say is it was an elderly lady.  

I think reporters are getting too young.  Anytime I see a story that mentions an “elderly” person, then they mention an age, they are now referring to someone my age. 

To me, elderly will always be someone older than me. 

I get it !  My friend’s husband drove his car into his neighbor’s bedroom and they referred to him as an elderly man on the news . I was offended because we are the same age.  It’s all relative. 

• Like 6

I'm okay.   Besides the broken / hanging side mirror assembly.  I do have scratches down the whole the side.   Probably from street side pole.   Cars can be fixed.   I'm just glad I didn't hit anyone else. 

I'm hoping i didnt mess up the mailbox.  I will leave them a note tomorrow when I pass by On way to work.

On my way home there were cars stuck in various places.   I was so happy when I pulled in my driveway.   

Eric was oblivious to the snow.  He was still in bed when I got home.   Living retired life to the fullest🤣

It has stopped snowing.   We just finished shoveling our driveway and neighbors.   

To all shovelers it's a wet heavy snow, Be Careful.

I'm sorry to hear about your accident Debbie and pleased no one especially yourself were hurt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I had the same issue. even with the snow blower in the slowest gear. Needed to do half-cuts  & it worked fine although it took me twice as long. But I got my 10,000 steps in!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

In case no one has said it, happy Mardi Gras.   I am ready with my beads and Voodoo doll.  Who else has a voodoo doll but me?

IMG_0661.thumb.jpeg.e4825678f42ae82fa43cb51b5aac81ce.jpeg

I always enjoy watching the antics on Bourbon Street, especially later at night.  Here is a live stream link if anyone is interested. 

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/louisiana/neworleans/bourbonstreet/?cam=bourbonstreet

Thank you for the reminder & link. Now that my driveway & roads are clear, I need get some of my kind of Voodoo.

Voodoo.webp.0631a462658652ef3f27e01959f7f701.webp

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I had the same issue. even with the snow blower in the slowest gear. Needed to do half-cuts  & it worked fine although it took me twice as long. But I got my 10,000 steps in!

This is the setup I had back in NJ. I did a rubber flapper mod on the blower. It could blow wet snow and and even blow water out of full of water puddles.

See how far it shoots the snow out.

The tractor I have know is bigger then this one, only need a snow blade on my current tractor to push snow here in Virginia.

Sold the set up you see in the Video before before we moved to Virginia.

Here is how you would make your walk behind blower more powerful.

Rubber bolted to impeller so  there is no gap.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am currently watching Obliterated on Netflix .One season ,8 episodes.It is a raunchy comedy /action movie that should be rated somewhere between R and X.

Perfect description.  I've been watching it one episode at a time, several days apart, when there's nothing better to watch.  It's entertaining, but not binge worthy.  

Glad you are ok, nobody was hurt, the car is driveable with no serious damage. 

Depending on the car, brace yourself for the price of a mirror. I spent $1,200 on one, installed. Granted, it's one of those high tech mirrors with Blind Spot monitoring, heated & dim-able, built in turn signal and folds when you lock the car. Still, that's a far cry from the $20 "sport" mirrors I used to buy at Sears Auto Stores in the 1980's & bolt onto the car myself.

Now I sound elderly. 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

On a more serious note the 1st death reported on the world cruise .

Oh No, that's horrible news.     I think they are at sea for 5 days heading towards Hawaii.   

The snow has stopped. I'm waiting for the snow plow to go by and block the end of the driveway. I'll have to shovel that out before the temperature drops and it freezes tonight.

We just did that