Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Home safe and sound. Bit of a mission getting home. We both got on the flights we tried for but flights were very full so we ended up seating separately in middle seats for both sin-dxb and dxb-lon sectors.

Went to see Dr about the fainting episode and upshot is he's scheduled me for further tests and in the meantime I've had to legally notify DVLA (car licensing authority) and can't drive until they tell me I can. Probably until after results of tests are in.  Big change as I'm so use to the freedom of driving 🚗 

Idk what I'd do if I couldn't drive. That would be so awful.

I'm sorry you have to go thru this trying to figure out what caused it.

I am back to eye doctor today but I dont think he will be able to schedule me. I'm still having a discharge from my eyes and nose and he says cant touch after cataract surgery. Dont see him until later today but dont think surgery is a go yet.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Cable beach is in Nassau.  Short taxi ride from Port.   

There are a couple resorts in the area that sell day passes but taxi driver took us to a beach between 2 resorts where we could rent loungers for $20.   There was a decent outdoor bar with daily special of 3 drinks for $25.   Boy, they were strong drinks.  

Was it called Goodman's Bay? We have been there. We also did a day pass at Breezes on Cable Beach once. Glad you enjoyed it Sis.

Have a wonderful day in Coco Cay.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I feel like I'm in no man's land between D+ and pinnacle ... a too long stretch. 

We are also in that halfway space! Got there one cruise at a time....booked insides first, then once in a balcony and never went back to inside. Did a CL suites once 7 nights...DH said do not get used to it.😁 No fast track, no tricks no treats.😁 LOL 
Also did other cruise lines we enjoyed.

Hope your issues are resolving and you are feeling good.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We are also in that halfway space! Got there one cruise at a time....booked insides first, then once in a balcony and never went back to inside. Did a CL suites once 7 nights...DH said do not get used to it.😁 No fast track, no tricks no treats.😁 LOL 

I wasnt feeling bad. Just coughing. Not sure what is causing the coughing. I expected my gp to prescribe something. I went to him sick that day. Very disappointed in him. Referred a doctor who has no openings until may. I'm moving in may .. I hope. 

I was trying to not figure out how many cruises I need to hit pinnacle. They are coming slower. I have a 7 day booked on mariner and talked a friend into going so I cant easily back out. Mariner is just doing that one 7 day maiden voyage then 4 and 5 days. Not even a b2b, then I dont cruise again until oct. Last booked out of Galveston. My awesome TA added to that one, I'll be moved and have more time by then. Waiting for SW to open nov 3 bookings. Book a flight home. Day time choices were getting worse so I booked a flight to hobby. Just not home.

Lol compared to where I started at d+, 200 pts sounds like nothing, but with new higher prices, it's not what I planned. I saw couples spending weeks and months on a ship. I think those days of months on a ship have passed me by. "Just 200 pts" doesnt sound like a lot. Too much going on right now to cruise more right now. 

My realtor said he would have someone call me. I want some stuff done before I get there with furniture. Some stuff can wait. The guy just called. He will call me later with some estimates. He can do the painting and do something with 2 lights I want changed. And his daughter has a cleaning business. Havent decided about new cabinets and appliances. It can wait until I get there. I love the granite countertops. The pulls on the cabinets are built in, cant just change hardware. I think painting them is not a good answer either. See what it would cost to replace. Idk on the kitchen yet what I will do. Cabinets look dated though with that design. They are in good shape, just those pulls. The guy said 80s cabinets. Bldg built in 1991. He said well they used 80s style cabinets. I've never had real granite countertops so i hate to pull them out. I like them. So lots to decide .. then i can cruise. 

Maybe reward myself when I get moved with a suite. Lol. 

• Like 8

Sailing next Thursday on our 6th Rock and Romance music charter which is filled with music artist from the 70’s on celebrity summit , sailing in same exact royal suite for third cruise in a row extremely nice suite that even has a hot tub on the balcony. Wife totally loves this music, this year we will be listening to

Foreigner

Dave Mason

Don McLean

Peter Asher (from Peter and Gordon)

Cowsills

Randy Backman

and many others, really enjoy having the opportunity to talk to these artists and you can also get albums autographed. We will book next years cruise while on board for same suite . Flying Saturday to visit family before flying to Miami. Have posted pictures of this suite in past , suite has some very nice perks including free specialty restaurants and your choice of two liter bottles of your favorite liquor ( since we don’t drink much in suite we sometimes bring home the liquor) 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, George C said:

Sailing next Thursday on our 6th Rock and Romance music charter which is filled with music artist from the 70’s on celebrity summit , sailing in same exact royal suite for third cruise in a row extremely nice suite that even has a hot tub on the balcony. Wife totally loves this music, this year we will be listening to

Foreigner

Dave Mason

Don McLean

Cowsills

Randy Backman

and many others, really enjoy having the opportunity to talk to these artists and you can also get albums autographed. We will book next years cruise while on board for same suite . Flying Saturday to visit family before flying to Miami. Have posted pictures of this suite in past , suite has some very nice perks including free specialty restaurants and your choice of two liter bottles of your favorite liquor ( since we don’t drink much in suite we sometimes bring home the liquor) 

Oct 20 on harmony out of Galveston is a country music partial charter. I guess they couldnt fill the ship. Someone asked and for $400 you can purchase the bracelet to get into the music events, concerts, whatever you call music events. I've heard of the Bellamy brothers. I'm booked this cruise.

https://countrymusiccruise.com/

20240307_112901234.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I saw a comment on the thread for releases of itinerary that they think cruises are on purpose less than 14 days. 14 days get $250 obc from owning stock and they do it on purpose to keep under 14 days, so many TAs and such were 12 or 13 days, not 14. The TA I booked is 13 days sure enough. Lol. 

I feel like I'm in no man's land between D+ and pinnacle ... a too long stretch. 

Ah-ha, that may be a reason. There's just a tiny handful of 15 and over. Thought about the Singapore to Dubai Serenade in April but can't face the thought of a long flight to Singapore again. Its a good price though.

We will never get to Pinnacle. Too old now and we only cruise 2 or 3 times a year, and I want to start trying other lines. 

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Aw, thank you, Bonnie!  How are you feeling, my friend?

Feeling good, Maryann, thanks for asking.  No pain or even discomfort in the hernia area.  The surgeon prodded and poked pretty hard and I still felt no pain.  Hopefully, a good sign.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2024 at 4:40 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

DH & I are having a little getaway to Seal Rocks (approx 3 1/2hrs north of Sydney).  Max is being spoilt again by our housesitters.  We are staying at the lighthouse keepers cottage at Sugarloaf Point Lighthouse.  The weather is beautiful, the cottage is spacious and has views from every angle and having a working lighthouse up close from your backyard is pretty cool.D2B9A9BD-BD58-4D23-88A9-34BA714E1ACD.thumb.jpeg.1df8b79e0872823a52cd2a546f35f0d3.jpeg

EC2236D0-5CD8-425E-B409-E633D4D51203.thumb.jpeg.22bb7e10abcdeb3ed67d484bceeed58e.jpeg

0E04A3DF-BC5D-47AF-BF07-6E339764204A.thumb.jpeg.b163f96d2c8105cec8926606197d0a65.jpeg

7337BD11-9EEB-48EB-993D-250BEF513E20.thumb.jpeg.e495a5f88075b2c5b7212d05f98701c7.jpeg

3094FDB3-686B-4B21-A273-2EA220FCB53A.thumb.jpeg.1d40004a14f31a27af0c5a4b6b1bc121.jpeg

8EFFE869-6BB7-448C-ACCA-11C25526775E.thumb.jpeg.82ad1dcfc9fd9cbea622a814fe711a46.jpeg

0CFFF3D2-1C3A-4D17-964D-C61BD85FA4F9.thumb.jpeg.a3cc4b356d6bb4dae1859416524ecf48.jpeg

That’s beautiful.

• Thanks 1

@h20skibum Happy belated birthday.

On 3/6/2024 at 12:30 PM, Ocean Boy said:

It is wasting a morning away to me.😉

Some of us still need our beauty sleep. Can’t really say if it helps me, but I keep trying. 🤣  Like my motto “never give up”.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I had no idea cataract surgery costs so much to have. Corrective lenses arent covered by my insurance and for 2 lens to see near and far, $9,000 ! Plus whatever my co pay for surgery is. 

The free lens covered by insurance I'd have to wear glasses. For $3k x 2 eyes. He can do lens that I can see to drive. Far. To see far and near its $4,500 x 2 or 9k. Just for the lens for both eyes. Plus my insurance co pay for the surgery. My mom must have had better insurance. I'm sure she didnt pay this much. She did it about 5 years ago. I took her. I sure dont remember having to pay for a corrective lens. I would have remembered. A extra unexpected $9,000. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie had both eyes done for cataracts.  Really didn’t cost us much out of pocket for new glasses.  Surgery was fully covered.

My Mom had cataracts done in both eyes too.  She paid extra for the multi focal lenses and is glad she did.  Not sure what the extra cost was though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, George C said:

Foreigner

Dave Mason

Don McLean

Cowsills

Randy Backman

Great lineup. I watched a documentary on the Cowsills. It was very interesting. I did not know that the Partridge Family was based on their lives. The producers wanted actors to play the parts instead of the original musicians.

54 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

In between my nursing duties I made a cake for my daughter’s 44th birthday tomorrow.  She is so down in the dumps I hope this cheers her up a little.IMG_2195.thumb.jpeg.04bced84d6df95569b4ace4b1448612c.jpeg

I’m sure that will make her birthday special.Happy Birthday wishes for your daughter tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I was taking other women with me until covid. Didnt know I could get a extra solo pt until covid. I figured same price as 2 or 1. I took my best girlfriend who now lives in san antonio. I got a nice suite hotel in tampa and upgraded to a JS. To me a JS is a treat. She is worse than me. She didnt want to go to a single show. She wanted to curl up in bed and read books, so that's what we did. Last day we sat out on our bigger balcony and talked all day and then we walked around. We were on a smaller ship but didnt matter as we just hung out. 

She said though next time she wanted to do alaska with her husband. They did one of those teensy cruiselines last summer to alaska. So at least I put the cruising bug in her ear. 

Shes the one I saved out 2 quilts to take to her in san Antonio before I move from texas. Lol I'm thinking the 2 nights before my mainer cruise. Save a day of driving. She always took the time to spend time with my mom and exclaim over whatever mom was sewing. She was very good to my mom, though of course its mutual. Anyway, she is getting 2 of my moms quilts too. 

I still cant get over a $9,000 charge for lenses for cataract surgery. I started all this with a cough and a discharge from my eyes, improved but he said it's almost impossible to get entirely rid of. I forgot the term he used. He seems like a good doctor, lol, just unexpected. Well of course I want the lenses so i dont have to use reading glasses. I sure dont remember my mom having to make such a choice and I brought her to every appointment. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I was taking other women with me until covid. Didnt know I could get a extra solo pt until covid. I figured same price as 2 or 1. I took my best girlfriend who now lives in san antonio. I got a nice suite hotel in tampa and upgraded to a JS. To me a JS is a treat. She is worse than me. She didnt want to go to a single show. She wanted to curl up in bed and read books, so that's what we did. Last day we sat out on our bigger balcony and talked all day and then we walked around. We were on a smaller ship but didnt matter as we just hung out. 

She said though next time she wanted to do alaska with her husband. They did one of those teensy cruiselines last summer to alaska. So at least I put the cruising bug in her ear. 

Shes the one I saved out 2 quilts to take to her in san Antonio before I move from texas. Lol I'm thinking the 2 nights before my mainer cruise. Save a day of driving. She always took the time to spend time with my mom and exclaim over whatever mom was sewing. She was very good to my mom, though of course its mutual. Anyway, she is getting 2 of my moms quilts too. 

I still cant get over a $9,000 charge for lenses for cataract surgery. I started all this with a cough and 

I thought about it, just to make sure no one takes it wrong. This lady and I have been friends for over 50 years. Several couples of us hung out after college and she is the lady my friend was with. .. she has been married forever, but we stayed friends. One other lady left from the group. Her husband also passed, just 3 of us women left. Some friends stick. She and I will be friends forever. She and I hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon together. We were the only single women down there, much younger than now. We have had some adventures together. Hawaii.

So anyway I need to find time to see her before I move from texas. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

In between my nursing duties I made a cake for my daughter’s 44th birthday tomorrow.  She is so down in the dumps I hope this cheers her up a little.

Happy birthday to your daughter tomorrow.  I hope that does cheer her up.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Great lineup. I watched a documentary on the Cowsills. It was very interesting. I did not know that the Partridge Family was based on their lives. The producers wanted actors to play the parts instead of the original musicians.

I’m sure that will make her birthday special.Happy Birthday wishes for your daughter tomorrow.

Cowsills are not one of the main acts , but definitely want to see them , one of the things I love about these cruises is the interviews Gino Vannelli is on again and he was ready to quit the music business but waited outside A&M records and almost tackled Herb Albert asking for a job , Herb told him to come back in a couple of hours and after hearing him offered him a recording deal. Have a bunch of CDs and albums signed on this cruises.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

In between my nursing duties I made a cake for my daughter’s 44th birthday tomorrow.  She is so down in the dumps I hope this cheers her up a little.IMG_2195.thumb.jpeg.04bced84d6df95569b4ace4b1448612c.jpeg

I hope she has a nice day tomorrow. She deserves some happiness.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, sgmn said:

Home safe and sound. Bit of a mission getting home. We both got on the flights we tried for but flights were very full so we ended up seating separately in middle seats for both sin-dxb and dxb-lon sectors.

Went to see Dr about the fainting episode and upshot is he's scheduled me for further tests and in the meantime I've had to legally notify DVLA (car licensing authority) and can't drive until they tell me I can. Probably until after results of tests are in.  Big change as I'm so use to the freedom of driving 🚗 

Sorry you are temporarily restricted from driving.  Hope it’s doesn’t impact your ability to look after your gorgeous grandsons and hope the tests say the fainting was just a one off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1