Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Yom Huledet Sameach, Dani, a very Happy Birthday.  May all your birthday wishes come true.

Dani shares a birthday with a very special young lady, my granddaughter who just turned 11.  Time just seems to melt away.  Here she is in her daddy's helmet all those years ago.  He's a volunteer firefighter. 

image.thumb.png.a0cf31bdaded214d4856a314ca68bf0b.png

Happy Birthday to your Granddaughter💐    Such a cute photo💖

• Thanks 1

Happy St.Patrick’s Day to all who celebrate.Many years ago I entered a poetry competition sponsored by Paddy’s Irish Whiskey.

I did not win a cash prize but I did win a certificate reading Leonard ……….Honorary Irish Poet.I also received a letter advising that if I brought the certificate to a bar that served Paddy’s whiskey I would receive a free beverage.

There was an Irish bar close to where I was working and I brought it in .I received a shot of whiskey.The certificate was then framed by me and I hung it on a wall in my office.

Later on it hung on a wall in the bar in my then home.Currently it is in my closet .

• Like 6

19 hours ago, George C said:

I now will make Seadog jealous, we want to an interview with Gino Vannelli and Pablo Cruise . On the way up to the interview Gino got on same elevator as we were on , told him how much we enjoyed his interview a few years ago about Herb Albert and said my what’s his cd in her purse . During interview he repeated Herb Albert story and added that Stevie Wonder asked him to open for him, then said someone had cancelled and there was a opening, host called him and no other white guy had ever appeared, host then told him we will consider you off white . Will add pictures later . Tonight we will listen to Don McLean.

On another note.Just finished watched a great documentary on Herb Alpert on Amazon Prime called “Herb Alpert Is” and it’s fantastic. I highly recommend watching this. I had no idea he is also a very famous painter and sculptor. The story of how he gave his own song “Close to You” to the Carpenter’s is very interesting. I also learned what an amazing great human being he was. Go check it out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Is anyone really good at colors. Decorating isnt my forte. Sure anyone can hire someone to change out countertops etc but I dont have a artistic flair. My painter wants a color of "white" so he can go in this week and paint. I cant make up my mind. Yesterday I wanted heron plume, today I'm back to alabaster. 

This shows the color of the cabinets and the granite countertop. My real estate agent and this guy are both pushing for new cabinets. For sure new appliances so ignore appliance color. If I get rid of cabinets, I'd lose the granite countertop. Right now I need a paint color. One thing at a time. . .. anyone have a preference? 

20240316_134949043.jpeg

20240316_201829994.jpeg

20240316_201818259.jpeg

20240316_201744269.jpeg

20240316_201730030.jpeg

I wouldn't be able to pick out a paint color without knowing color of countertop, backsplash and cabinets.  If you are just painting for the sake of painting and then going to overhaul the kitchen, then I would go with whatever, probably pure white or leave it what it is now and not waste money on painting to just repaint.

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I wouldn't be able to pick out a paint color without knowing color of countertop, backsplash and cabinets.  If you are just painting for the sake of painting and then going to overhaul the kitchen, then I would go with whatever, probably pure white or leave it what it is now and not waste money on painting to just repaint.

My thinking is it's hard to paint once I move in furniture. The color right now reminds the painter of a hospital. That's why I'm painting and cleaning and shampooing carpets before I arrive with stuff. Cabinets and appliances i can work around once i arrive with furniture. But painting is sure easier before i move my stuff in. He suggests a non pure white hospital color for such a large place. Painting it all, bathrooms, kitchen, bedrooms .. I cant say it really needs it, but I know it's so hard to paint around furniture. Hes also replacing kitchen overhead light and the fixture in one closet I dont like and am sure I want replaced. .. agree appliances I want to pick out myself. I'm not artsy but can measure and do that. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I like Fleur de Sel!  But then my whole house is Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray…it has grown on me!

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@firefly333

I second that 👍

Thanks I'll go back and look at that one. I told him to pick. He keeps insisting I pick.

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

My thinking is it's hard to paint once I move in furniture. The color right now reminds the painter of a hospital. That's why I'm painting and cleaning and shampooing carpets before I arrive with stuff. Cabinets and appliances i can work around once i arrive with furniture. But painting is sure easier before i move my stuff in. He suggests a non pure white hospital color for such a large place. Painting it all, bathrooms, kitchen, bedrooms .. I cant say it really needs it, but I know it's so hard to paint around furniture. Hes also replacing kitchen overhead light and the fixture in one closet I dont like and am sure I want replaced. .. agree appliances I want to pick out myself. I'm not artsy but can measure and do that. 

Definitely have as much done before you move in, especially painting bedrooms.  Pain to move furniture to paint later. I would change out any flooring I want replaced too.   Kitchen I would do all at once, not piecemeal, but that is just me.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@firefly333

I second that 👍

I third that👍🏼

Looks close to the Agreeable Gray that Helen used, which is the trending color now. As you continue to update your condo that color will fit in well.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have just got home after 4 relaxing night's in the Lake District.

This was Friday's dinner and a picture of Lake Derwent water next to Keswick.

IMG_20240315_183947.jpg

IMG_20240315_193349.jpg

IMG_20240317_162950.jpg

IMG_20240316_112220.jpg

Looks lovely! Yummmy cheese plate!

What is the yellow dish with the apple/pear slices?
I miss pictures of your lovely Pauline.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Thanks I'll go back and look at that one. I told him to pick. He keeps insisting I pick.

I like all the ones that lean towards gray and I don’t think you would need to repaint. It goes with everything. 

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Is anyone really good at colors. Decorating isnt my forte. Sure anyone can hire someone to change out countertops etc but I dont have a artistic flair. My painter wants a color of "white" so he can go in this week and paint. I cant make up my mind. Yesterday I wanted heron plume, today I'm back to alabaster. 

This shows the color of the cabinets and the granite countertop. My real estate agent and this guy are both pushing for new cabinets. For sure new appliances so ignore appliance color. If I get rid of cabinets, I'd lose the granite countertop. Right now I need a paint color. One thing at a time. . .. anyone have a preference? 

20240316_134949043.jpeg

20240316_201829994.jpeg

20240316_201818259.jpeg

20240316_201744269.jpeg

20240316_201730030.jpeg

My advice would be to slow down and wait until you get over there and look at the property itself as far as lighting, etc.  It would be worth your while , I think , to stay in a hotel while they paint.  It depends how long you expect to live there because you may want to think of resale. The appliance looks outdated and maybe just reface the cabinets.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Looks lovely! Yummmy cheese plate!

What is the yellow dish with the apple/pear slices?
I miss pictures of your lovely Pauline.

Duck egg set English custard, nutmeg, honeycomb,toffee,apple,red sorrel. 

IMG_20240313_180523.jpg

• Like 19

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Duck egg set English custard, nutmeg, honeycomb,toffee,apple,red sorrel. 

IMG_20240313_180523.jpg

Pauline always looks gorgeous.  Her outfit is color coordinated to the room decor. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1