Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

As you can see, I'm still not great at posting pictures.  I didn't realize I posted 2of the same pictures.🧐

William deserves twice the honor! Congratulations!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2024 at 7:25 AM, bobmacliberty said:

We weren't sure when our truck would arrive when we moved so we used your strategy of buying a new bed.  We thought about it in advance, picked out the bed in Cincinnati, and had it delivered the day after we arrived in Florida.  We therefore only had one night in a hotel.  We also had a TV delivered that day and bought 2 foldable beach chairs that we put in our great room.  We lived that way for about a week before the truck arrived.  This worked well for us because we were already in the market for a new bed and TV.  We put our bed from Cincy in one of the guest rooms.

If you do plan to buy a bed, be prepared for sticker shock.  Because you spend so much time in bed, we spent a little more to ensure that we sleep well.  Our Sleep Number bed cost about $10K.  You don't need to spend that much, but you'll probably want to spend at least $2-3K on a good mattress.

And I hear you on ceiling fans.  We have one in every bedroom, one in our great room, one in our office, and 3 on our lanai.  We don't have any in a closet though. 🤣

We too purchased the bed and mattress before we moved and had them delivered to our home in FL. Agree about sticker shock! It arrived before us. We packed all boxes and they just moved them from NJ to FL in trucks. Our movers also arrived before us in record setting 2 days. We had to have family in FL drive to our home and open for the movers and deliveries to be set up.

Had fans installed in two bedrooms, living room, office and lanai. Our house is much smaller, so not many were needed. None in closet either.

• Like 4

On 6/4/2024 at 6:13 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

I feel the same except it is flamingos for me.   I bought 2 small and one full size plastic flamingoes to put in my flower bed out front.

Eric then told me that is another swingers sign.

I googled and sure enough he was right.

So for now I put them in flower bed in backyard.

Who knew?

Flamingos too?  Really? 😲 

Hope your poison ivy is gone!

@Luckynana Maryann, congrats on William's achievement.  I enjoyed looking at his handsome picture twice.  Hope your eye feels better.

@firefly333 Jane, @bobmacliberty  gave some good advice.  Live in your place for a bit getting used to the vibe before running out to buy more furniture.  When we moved, our movers took a couch we didn't want anymore.  Hope everything goes smoothly for you.  Take a deep breath, relax and enjoy your new condo.  Love the balcony!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Debbi, feel better.

@Sunshine3601  + 1 🌺

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@h20skibum
Mark, I will be thrilled to read all about your version of "Summer of 2024". I really enjoy seeing the pictures and reading your log of what you guys did.

@h20skibum  + 1 

19 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie is much improved.  We are going to try to get to Atlantic City next weekend 🙏

@DaniDanielle

Marietta, so glad to hear it. Enjoy AC 😘

10 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Luckynana Maryann, congrats on William's achievement. 1) I enjoyed looking at his handsome picture twice.  2) Hope your eye feels better.

@Luckynana

Maryann, + 1 on all counts ((( )))

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/30/2024 at 11:39 AM, Arzeena said:

…Some Pinnacle friends were still grumbling.....they get the Zenith status but no access to Zenith Lounge/Michael's club and some other stuff. And likewise some Zenith people we know are grumbling that to get to Zenith you need 3000+ points compared to 700 to reach Pinnacle, and so on! Will be fun to read the boards in the upcoming days!😉

I’m happy about the change. Free premium drink package and premium wifi which I wouldn’t have had before. As for not being able to go into the Zenith lounge, the way I see it, is that I didn’t have it before and didn’t actually earn it so I’m fine with it. I’m just happy to get the extras since I’ve only sailed on X four times. Since they aren’t finished making the changes, I have a feeling they will do away with the free premium drink package and change it to the drink vouchers like on Royal. I’m still happy with that even though the drink package would be better. Normally, 6 drinks if plenty for us so all is good. 

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@h20skibum  + 1 

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@h20skibum
Mark, I will be thrilled to read all about your version of "Summer of 2024". I really enjoy seeing the pictures and reading your log of what you guys did.

Will do, but it probably will not start till after we bring our grandson from California here. Several fun things planned.  

We had planned on Kennywood Amusement park today, but rain changed our plans.  It would have just been us with our daughter and her two kids.  I just picked her up at the airport this morning from her ‘girls Florida trip ‘ with our granddaughter. They had lots of fun. 

• Like 10

22 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Our youngest grandchild, William, was inducted into the Junior National Honor Society.

IMG_20240604_172731113.jpg

Congratulations to this outstanding young man. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Sorry to hear you got that.  Some people must be more susceptible to getting it. We have poison ivy along the wooded edge of our property.  We were playing kickball with the grandkids last weekend, and the ball ended up going through some.  Both Susan and my son-in-law got it just from the transfer from the ball. 

It has never had an affect on me. 

I never used to get it until 5 or 6 yrs ago I had it really bad from head to toe.  Now I seem to get it at least once a year.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm sure it is very uncomfortable. Does depomedrol sound like what you may have been treated with? That is my usual go to. Hopefully, the discomfort goes away soon.

I called today.  The injection was Kenalog and the cream he prescribed is Betamethasone. 

I applied the cream last night.  Boy, he was right I won't need the cream and can just keep it should I get again.   

The Kenalog has done wonders.   Im pretty much all done.   Very minor itch between fingers.    Treating it early helped too.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I called today.  The injection was Kenalog and the cream he prescribed is Betamethasone. 

I applied the cream last night.  Boy, he was right I won't need the cream and can just keep it should I get again.   

The Kenalog has done wonders.   Im pretty much all done.   Very minor itch between fingers.    Treating it early helped too.

Yes, Kenalog is another that I frequently use. Good choice of treatment.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

New visitor to our backyard. Baby does not look very old at all. What a beautiful creature. 
IMG_4581.thumb.jpeg.2ff9e060269950ad2460d6f9df84ca33.jpeg

My mom saw what she thought was a dog lying down amongst the shrubbery in front of her house. Turns out it was a baby deer, even smaller than the one in your picture. Later on when I was over we saw the mama come back to get her baby. Absolutely adorable.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, voyager70 said:

My mom saw what she thought was a dog lying down amongst the shrubbery in front of her house. Turns out it was a baby deer, even smaller than the one in your picture. Later on when I was over we saw the mama come back to get her baby. Absolutely adorable.

This one had to be just days old. The baby was walking pretty wobbly.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

This one had to be just days old. The baby was walking pretty wobbly.

That’s just how the one at my mom’s house was. I had never seen one so young and small. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

New visitor to our backyard. Baby does not look very old at all. What a beautiful creature. 

Hopefully, (s)he has a long and healthy life ahead. Welcome to the world little one.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Awwww it can barely stand on its legs. SO adorable!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Hopefully, (s)he has a long and healthy life ahead. Welcome to the world little one.

Totally agree. I do worry as we have coyotes in the woods behind us too. I really want this baby to have A long healthy life.

• Like 5