Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

32 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Congratulations Greg!

@h20skibum Are you getting drift smoke from the Sonoma County fire? It is a little alarming this early in the season. Our homeowner's insurance just went up to $6800/year at the other house. But at least we still have coverage. And we haven't even moved there yet. 🙄

I didn’t notice any here today, nor tonight when we were out to dinner.  

I think all homeowner insurance must have gone up this year.  Ours in PA increased by 25%.

Early flight in the morning back to Pa. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

It is 52°F and sunny in North East England at 06.27 am.

I hope everyone has a good sleep and are safe and well.

I had a Panna cotta with a white chocolate sphere last night.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day.

IMG_20240617_192613.jpg

• Like 16

On 6/16/2024 at 9:01 PM, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Happy Father’s day 😃🍻

Sipping a bit of Frey Ranch Straight Bourbon.  Big fan of this stuff!  

IMG_3380.thumb.jpeg.d539126900ad8f2f84bd9c14d37d7b63.jpeg

That looks nice, but I'm really digging that classy glass.  I'm a sucker for proper glassware.  I wish I had more cupboard space for more glassware, but my DW would probably kick me out 😉 

dp

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 6/16/2024 at 8:59 PM, DaniDanielle said:

Someone enjoyed the movie!IMG_9621.thumb.jpeg.218f9f6a3fc3e530fc501bdf0c18b6ed.jpeg

14 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We took our grandson to see this movie this morning.   He enjoyed it also, but didn’t want me to take his picture by the poster. 

I took my DD(20yo) yesterday evening for a belated father's day outing.  We were fans of the first one and my DD had been really looking forward to the sequel.  I'm glad it did not disappoint.  We both liked it.  My DD is particularly fond of these 2 movies, as she is in university to become a social worker.

dp

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Keksie said:

What does your realtor say?  Your realtor should be taking care of all this.  You should not be talking to the buyer.  Your realtor should talk to you and his realtor should talk to him.  Both realtors should be working with the title company to get this resolved.  We bought our house in Florida using Docusign.  We sold our house in Texas using the notaries at the UPS store.  

We also used Docusign. Buying and selling. Also used the notaries at UPS for some stuff. We did have realtors and both were great. Some things needed wet signatures so used UPS and Fedex.

• Like 3

On Wonder of the Seas - if you could pick 3 specialty restaurants which ones would you pick?

Has anyone taken a Viking cruise?  There is a Great Lakes Cruise I am thinking of but just not sure yet.  It goes a lot of places we would like to see and would take many separate trips and many miles to see if we did it with road trips or flights.  It is pricey but I think they include a lot of things that we normally have to pay for.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Keksie said:

On Wonder of the Seas - if you could pick 3 specialty restaurants which ones would you pick?

Has anyone taken a Viking cruise?  There is a Great Lakes Cruise I am thinking of but just not sure yet.  It goes a lot of places we would like to see and would take many separate trips and many miles to see if we did it with road trips or flights.  It is pricey but I think they include a lot of things that we normally have to pay for.

I would pick Hooked (because I like seafood) and Mason Jar for southern goodies.  And may be Giovanni's or 150. Giovanni's experience and ambience on the Wonder is very nice.
150 Central Park....Lobster Thermidore is very good. Very slow service. OK for a dining pkg include but IMHO not worth the $$$$.
There is also the Wonderland....if you have never been there before, it is something different to try. You will be the judge of your own experience.
I do not care for Chops very much any more.......yes, it is very good, but it is getting very boring IMHO.

I do like Playmakers for a different vibe.
I have not been to Izumi on the Wonder.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Our go to specialty restaurants on rccl are Chops and Giovanni’s, we are in minority on 150cp I didn’t like it after trying it a couple times , wonderland was  ok , we also normally do Izumi . A Great Lakes cruise sounds interesting. (We always buy UDP on rccl)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I would pick Hooked (because I like seafood) and Mason Jar for southern goodies.  And may be Giovanni's or 150. Giovanni's experience and ambience on the Wonder is very nice.
150 Central Park....Lobster Thermidore is very good. Very slow service. OK for a dining pkg include but IMHO not worth the $$$$.
There is also the Wonderland....if you have never been there before, it is something different to try. You will be the judge of your own experience.
I do not care for Chops very much any more.......yes, it is very good, but it is getting very boring IMHO.

I do like Playmakers for a different vibe.
I have not been to Izumi on the Wonder.

Thank you.  We have done Wonderland and while I loved it and would do it again, my husband not so much.  We always eat at Izumi and like it but with all the other choices.  What is Playmakers? Can anyone eat at 150 or is that for suites?  I think we will do Hooked and Mason Jar.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keksie said:

Thank you.  We have done Wonderland and while I loved it and would do it again, my husband not so much.  We always eat at Izumi and like it but with all the other choices.  What is Playmakers? Can anyone eat at 150 or is that for suites?  I think we will do Hooked and Mason Jar.

Only suite restaurant is Costal Kitchen 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dpostman said:

That looks nice, but I'm really digging that classy glass.  I'm a sucker for proper glassware.  I wish I had more cupboard space for more glassware, but my DW would probably kick me out 😉 

dp

I know the feeling!  We are at the point where we need to get rid of glassware if we intend to bring any new ones in.  All the special glasses for different beers, drinks, tasting etc etc multiply quickly and we don’t even drink wine so those aren’t really included … although we have a few in case if company that drinks wine .  options are endless 😆

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Anyone who is paying for it or has dining pkg.

150 is very "upscale" specialty restaurant. Check out their menu online. Nice ambience.
Playmakers is their "sports bar". On the Wonder it has semi indoor and outdoor seating. Outdoor seating is on the boardwalk and you can people watch.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I know the feeling!  We are at the point where we need to get rid of glassware if we intend to bring any new ones in.  All the special glasses for different beers, drinks, tasting etc etc multiply quickly and we don’t even drink wine so those aren’t really included … although we have a few in case if company that drinks wine .  options are endless 😆

Yup Exactly.  We do like wine, and have hosted a few wine tastings.  Some years ago, a few weeks before one of our first wine tasting, I just happened on a crazy sale at Costco where they had a Box of 4 Riedel wine glasses for $19.97 CAD. So of course... I bought 5 boxes 🙄, but they have been put to good use 😉 .  They are securely stored in a carrier box and we only keep a few out at a time and take the others out when needed.

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Like 6

21 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sounds like you have a great group.

We moved to TX from NY 20 years ago.  I still cannot bring myself to say "y'all". To this day, my NY friends and I never email or text.  We call each other to talk in real time.  Those phone calls usually last 1+ hours.  I call them the friends of my heart.

My best friends in HS all left NY for “greener pastures.”My friends Barry and Al are in Oregon .My friend Patrick is in NC.Like you ,we do not e-mail or text .It is solely phone calls that can be as much as two hours .

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Love to talk to him I never drank the stuff until probably 15 years ago. I was always a beer drinker. Now I drink less, enjoy more and don’t have a beer belly.

He has enjoyed trying many different ones and has been trying to build his collection! Last time we were in Orlando we went to The Polite Pig in Disney Springs, they have a great bourbon bar.

This is what he has accumulated so far 

IMG_0337.png

Edited by MancGirl21
Picture didn’t load
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, MancGirl21 said:

He has enjoyed trying many different ones and has been trying to build his collection! Last time we were in Orlando we went to The Polite Pig in Disney Springs, they have a great bourbon bar.

IMG_0337.png

Impressive he has a lot of good ones especially EH Taylor and Eagle Rare. I would recommend also getting Wild Turkey Rare Breed and the Henry McKenna 10 year bottled in bond. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MancGirl21 said:

My home has turned into a liquor store with my collection of Bourbon, Whiskey, Rum and craft cocktail ingredients. I’m really not an alcoholic just a chemist. 😉

IMG_4351.thumb.jpeg.865f1286c1403543bc8220b1775164f3.jpeg

IMG_4350.thumb.jpeg.9b800ebadbf8e6ce68290344c010f544.jpeg

IMG_4352.thumb.jpeg.ab2beec5dd0ecca1b1ee14f95a53fbe0.jpeg

IMG_4353.thumb.jpeg.a7e2a3e65264c7c77fb7759f0e02aa4b.jpeg

IMG_4354.thumb.jpeg.829706386a09737e649f1919d8b4b0c7.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

IMG_4352.thumb.jpeg.ab2beec5dd0ecca1b1ee14f95a53fbe0.jpeg

I hate to break it to you Greg, but Skrewball is the official whiskey of the Buffalo Bills.  It's tradition to do a shot when the Bills score a TD.  Every true member of the Bills Mafia has a bottle in their house.  Have you accidentally become a member of the Bills Mafia? 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

27 minutes ago, MancGirl21 said:

IMG_0337.png

While i have some “everyday drinkers”, I too like to try different Bourbons.  (note .. i do NOT drink whisky everyday for the record!  🤪)

It has led to a decent collection of bottles.  I believe I’m around 40 bottles at the moment.  I enjoy trying them and hunting for ones I want to try.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@firefly333

"You glow girl" !!!!!!!
That's what the butterfly said to the firefly!

Remember that firefly.

Yes I'm firefly. 

I went to the tail end of the water aerobics class, got involved in a discussion with the mgmt co of my oceanfront condo they manage. The teacher had to leave a bit early, class from 9 to 10 am Tues and Thursday. Chair yoga tomorrow. I have a goal of  meeting new people and getting back in shape. 

One of the ladies said she thought they played bridge down at the veterans  museum, the next bldg after mine. 1130 to 3 pm on Wednesday so for sure I will be there. No one knew what kind of bridge, I prefer duplicate but I'll do party bridge I'm so desperate to play some bridge. Tomorrow! Crossing fingers a new comer is welcome, without a partner. I cant wait.

That place that has tacos john was always on about (sandbar sports grill) I promised myself tonight. Its across from Ron Jon's that surf place. Pay parking until 5 pm so i can wait for 5 pm. John says i can sneak and park free at the pizza inn but idk, maybe tonight wait for 5 pm and decide.

I need a swim noodle for water aerobics class. I'll look around on my way to tacos. I'm down to 2 dish packs. Full of little tiny mostly cruise stuff I'm not sure what to do with. I have a hall closet I cant get the doors open eventually maybe there, but these 2 boxes are really hard to figure out where to put stuff. So 2 dish pack half empty boxes and 6 wardrobe boxes left to go. I didnt get much unpacking done today. 

I hope bridge welcomes newcomers and everyone not already paired up. High hopes. I love to play bridge. Honestly I think this place is perfect for me. All the ladies in the water aerobics about my age. Youngest maybe 60 up to maybe 80? But most here are older. I meet one lady who said she was 90. Lol. Quite a few have pets. I still think this was a perfect choice for me no matter how hard moving is. Next quest a noodle for the pool. I went back thru the library here, and found 2 J A Jance books I dont think I've read. One of my favourite authors. The library is quite a good selection of books. I think this is better than I could have hoped.

• Like 12