Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

How has your weather been?  

Not too bad. Sydney and Halifax were beautiful.  The first port in Greenland was misty and cold.  The last 2 ports have been off and on foggy and cold. I had on 4 layers and was warm enough.  

• Like 14

28 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Not too bad. Sydney and Halifax were beautiful.  The first port in Greenland was misty and cold.  The last 2 ports have been off and on foggy and cold. I had on 4 layers and was warm enough.  

Have a great time. Those temps would be welcome to me as we have been in a heat wave.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sure glad we booked our flights for Thanksgiving week earlier this month.  I just checked prices.  The same flight went up $300 pp.

Prices are crazy we paying about 2k each going first to Miami, never paid anything close to that before and prices for our march cruise is about the same . Very happy MSc is moving to Galveston in November 2025 will definitely book that. 

have you seen the commercials for Doctor Odessey ? About doctor on a luxury cruise ship . Many decades ago on my first or second sovereign of the seas one of the doctors sat at our table , very nice man and he bought wine for table every night. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

So I'm late in catching up & replying but hopefully he had a brisket sandwich. Or any sandwich for that matter as they are that good.  They usually don't stay under the heat lamp for long as people snatch them up as soon as they are made right in front of you.

He only got a breakfast sandwich on our way home this morning... we had already eaten lunch when we stopped on the way down.  And he got more (different flavor) jerky when we stopped the second time.  

He's definitely addicted, though... he got his dog a Bucky toy and a collapsible water dish to keep in his truck for when she goes for a ride with him, and he got t-shirts for him and his wife, and he got her a box of fudge (like 8 different flavors), and he got matching travel cups for himself and his wife.  

I got myself the big 32-ounce double-walled stainless steel water bottle... gonna take it on my cruises with me.  I get three 6-packs of Coke Zero as my amenities for each cruise, and I can pour them into the big bottle with some ice and take them to the Solarium with me each day. I also got a baby onesie for a girlfriend who just found out she's gonna be a grandma, and yet another snarky t-shirt for myself. (I had trouble deciding which one to get! 😁)  My son and his girlfriend don't like "stuff" cluttering their apartment, so I got them Buc-ee air fresheners for their cars and tubes of Buc-ee lip balm.  

Now I'm sad that I won't get to experience Buc-ee's for another whole year, though... it's almost as bad as cruise withdrawals!

• Like 5

Andi and I made a long weekend trip to one of our fave places, McCall ID, for our anniversary.  

What would a post of mine be without mentioning that on the way through Oregon, I found some nice bottles.  WA has a crazy liquor tax (over 20%), so it was nice to pay MSRP for a change.

IMG_4958.thumb.jpeg.2d56c04c3c845075443e47b2ef1a8a2f.jpegStevie was very excited when we got home (we have a regular house/petsitter), but that excitement has obviously worn off.

image.thumb.jpg.51c102e5d24a6679e4fb64fb1a78b9b1.jpg

• Like 17

31 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Andi and I made a long weekend trip to one of our fave places, McCall ID, for our anniversary.  

What would a post of mine be without mentioning that on the way through Oregon, I found some nice bottles.  WA has a crazy liquor tax (over 20%), so it was nice to pay MSRP for a change.

IMG_4958.thumb.jpeg.2d56c04c3c845075443e47b2ef1a8a2f.jpegStevie was very excited when we got home (we have a regular house/petsitter), but that excitement has obviously worn off.

image.thumb.jpg.51c102e5d24a6679e4fb64fb1a78b9b1.jpg

I bought the JD Barrel Proof Rye and love it. Very solid.

• Like 2