Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

100 was the cheapest I could find, and he didn't change the rate for the last 5 years...

Yikes. I feel bad for you. You could shave it all off and go with the bald look like me. I see more woman doing the shaved head look. Low maintenance.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Ha-ha.... Our cost of living here is so high 😢

I'm paying 100 pounds for cut, highlights and color for my short hair (luckily I go every 7 or 8 weeks).

Local hairdresser, nothing fancy.

Before him, I paid 125 pounds at another local hairdresser, out of sheer convenience -- my nail lady had a "table" there, and while she was doing my nails, he was coloring my hair....

But when he told me that he is "loosing money" with the 125, and wants 150, I said "enough is enough" and went "hairdresser shopping".

100 was the cheapest I could find, and he didn't change the rate for the last 5 years...

Yeap it's the similar  here for my hairdressers. It's my one extravagant , though I normally colour my own hair so only go to the hairdressers for cut and blow dry every two months. 

3 minutes ago, sgmn said:

It's my one extravagant

Same here.

For years I've colored my own hair, and DH (as my DIL) was trimming my hair and doing a very good job at it.

But with short hair like mine, the "white" shows very quickly, and it was a constant rush to "cover" it....

I didn't like coloring so frequently, and followed a friend advice: "try highlights -- they cover the 'white' quite well". She was right 😁

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, harryfat1 said:

So there’s no restriction on when you must buy the new tickets?  At least you can try and wait to see what happens in a year or so without a clock ticking over your head.

I looked it up on the Disneyland website:

"Unless otherwise stated, the amount paid for any wholly unused, expired Disneyland® Resort Theme Park ticket, except for special event tickets or tickets purchased from a third party, may be applied towards the purchase of a new Theme Park admission ticket at the current price so long as the new ticket purchase price is equal to or greater than the amount paid for the original ticket. "

Yeah, we are still working on using up SWA credits for the flights we had to cancel. Thankfully, they gave us extra time to use credits for flights cancelled in 2020.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

You brought back sweet memories.  After we were married and became parents, we were driving home from a night out.  I was tired and feeling "stressed".  The car radio was on and I heard "Can't you hear that groovy beat now baby..." It was the Cousin Brucie theme song that I had not heard in at least 15 years.  I had no idea he was still on the radio.  For a few brief moments until we got home, I was 16 again!

Murray the K was known as the fifth Beatle, but Cousin Brucie was my fave.

Yay, wonderful news.

@island lady Good to see you post again but sorry for the wifi problems. You're probably looking forward to your new Sunday digs.  Hope it's more wifi friendly.

@dani negreanu Your grands look wonderful!  Looks cool for those hot Israeli summer days.

We're still in NJ, enjoying every moment except for "killer" mosquitos.  Probably head home on Wed.  We're keeping clear of crowded places.  Most people here wear masks indoors.  I don't see many whip them off when exiting a store.  So strange to see since leaving Texas where masks were hardly worn.

Loving the Disneyland review.  I was in Disneyland once approx. 40 years ago and Disney World 27 years ago.  I think it's time for a return visit!

A friend of mine did the reverse trip.She and her husband went to Texas to see her daughter,SIL and 4 grandkids.

My very good friend(sadly she has passed)used to do our hair from her house.  When Charlie was very sick, pre-heart, she cut all of usfor free.  Later on when my grays were out of control she would highlight for only $20.00!  After she died my new hairdresser cut it so short there was no point in coloring as it would need it every week!!!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Do they go back to in school learning?

Thanks 🥰

They're 5 and 3, kindergarten supposed to start Sept. 1st. Today was the last day when my DIL found a "summer school" for them. July & August -- a very long vacation to deal with....

Starting Sunday, we'll split their care with our in-laws until Sept. 1st.

Delta is rampant here, so there are fears that it will spread further if the schools will be back on time, especially since the little ones under 12 cannot be vaccinated.

Due to the fact that this year all the Jewish holidays fall entirely in Sept., there're actually only 6 days of school.

Some argue that might be better to start October 1st, hoping that meantime, with the 3rd shot being offered, as of today, to teachers, pregnant women and those above 40 years old, the "curve" will flatten.

BTW, the immuno-depressed who were offered the 3rd shot more than a month ago, show excellent results in raising their antibodies level.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

One of my daughters has been cutting her husbands hair and her dogs hair .She never cut hair prior to the pandemic.

I couldn't stand my husband's hair after a couple months of lockdown.   So I cut it myself.     Everyone thought I did a really good job.   But it wasn't like we saw lots of people back then.   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ATG said:

I’m lucky, I have easy hair.  No curl, never colored, it just lays there.  I pay $13 senior rate at Great Clips.  My neighbor has curls and color.  I think she pays $30 for a cut.  Sometimes easy is good.

Pre-Covid I was going to a local beauty school for about 10-15 years.    Cost something like $8 for a shampoo, condition, cut,  blowdry and style.   

some people used to say "arent you afraid the students will mess up"  Actually quite the opposite the Teacher was always there to answer and assist so I felt very comfortable.    

I had some really good haircuts done there over the years but they closed down due to covid and doesn't look like the one in my area will re-open.     

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Due to the fact that this year all the Jewish holidays fall entirely in Sept., there're actually only 6 days of school.

Some argue that might be better to start October 1st, hoping that meantime, with the 3rd shot being offered, as of today, to teachers, pregnant women and those above 40 years old, the "curve" will flatten.

BTW, the immuno-depressed who were offered the 3rd shot more than a month ago, show excellent results in raising their antibodies level.

IMO a start date of October 1st makes much more sense.    Get that shot in as many arms as possible. 

Eric did reach out to his Transplant Doc, waiting to hear back.     He will definitely get a booster it is just a matter of does she want him to get now (he had his last dose March 25th) or wait till he reaches the 6 month mark.   

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

IMO a start date of October 1st makes much more sense.    Get that shot in as many arms as possible. 

My thinking exactly, whereas those who want to "open on time" insist that Sept. 1st is symbolically important -- meaning, we don't surrender to the virus, we live with it....

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric did reach out to his Transplant Doc, waiting to hear back.     He will definitely get a booster it is just a matter of does she want him to get now (he had his last dose March 25th) or wait till he reaches the 6 month mark.   

Here it was lowered to 5 months for everybody....

Speaking with a doctor friend this evening [about our mutual friend, who is still in the hospital, but on the mend], he readily admitted that, after 18 months, they're still in the "fog", and every hospital is following its own protocol re: treating Covid. They're constantly puzzled by Covid's "behavior".

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My thinking exactly, whereas those who want to "open on time" insist that Sept. 1st is symbolically important -- meaning, we don't surrender to the virus, we live with it....

Here it was lowered to 5 months for everybody....

Speaking with a doctor friend this evening [about our mutual friend, who is still in the hospital, but on the mend], he readily admitted that, after 18 months, they're still in the "fog", and every hospital is following its own protocol re: treating Covid. They're constantly puzzled by Covid's "behavior".

Hope to hear back from Eric's Doctor tomorrow.    

I hope your friend is getting stronger everyday. 

Yes, I have heard that here too.    Treat everyone case by case as not all treatments work for everyone.     Although I continue to hear good reviews on the monoclonal antibody infusion - bamlaninivab.   If administered early enough it seems to make a big difference.   

Schools re-open in my area last week of August.     A lot of our schools are arguing whether or not to have children wear masks during school day.     I think they will have.

My co-workers and I were just talking the other day about we all seem to get mild colds every September after kids are back in school and last year none of us did.     Will see what happens this September. 

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I couldn't stand my husband's hair after a couple months of lockdown.   So I cut it myself.     Everyone thought I did a really good job.   But it wasn't like we saw lots of people back then.   

My wife trimmed my 3 month beard last year and wants to trim it now.It has been 2 months since I have been to my barber.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Schools re-open in my area last week of August.     A lot of our schools are arguing whether or not to have children wear masks during school day.     I think they will have.

My co-workers and I were just talking the other day about we all seem to get mild colds every September after kids are back in school and last year none of us did.     Will see what happens this September. 

Schools here in NJ start after Labor Day.  

Schools in Texas have already started and 4 districts had to close due to Covid infection. 😟

Our TX Gov. who mandated NO masks for school kids now has Covid.  Most parents and teachers want the kids wearing masks which is very prudent since children are getting infected with the Delta variant.

When will this insanity and horror end?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Just watched Below Deck Mediterranean.

At the end of tonight's episode Captain Sandy confronts Hannah about having Valium on board.

Tomorrow night must be when Hannah gets sacked.

That's a good one. 

I just read an article that Below Deck season 9 is ready to start filming. Capt Lee will not be on board. The new Capt  looks like there will be no messing around, but who knows with the crews they hire.

Ok guys need help. Instead of an update I need to tell you the big BUZZ going around MK. 

No. Not the new Genie/FP system. 
No. Not the paying for magic bands. 
No. Not providing magical express after December of this year. 

But

Due to resurgence of COVID. Disney is evaluating if their ships will sail to there private island Castaway Cay. 
The pool buzz of all the grownups is that Disney will lose this stop   Because of Bahama restrictions. 
Nothing is carved in stone. 
Like I said I was creeping in on a conversation and heard the discussion. 

If it is true. And once Again I cannot confirm. I wonder if it would impact RCI on Coco Cay??????

Today being a mostly rainy day, the boys & Papa made Mickey pancakes for breakfast, then worked on a puzzle & played video games for a while. When the rain ended they spent some time outside on a couple of ride on toys we have. They went for a swim which never seems to get old.  We made cheesesteak’s and tater tots for dinner and currently watching the Patriots vs Eagles preseason game - seems appropriate for these Philly boys 🙂

A9E950C1-307C-4C4A-BDF8-115F149CEDCB.jpeg

D602A6A2-B8F3-42B5-87B1-9A3D14340407.jpeg

B58E2DB9-68DF-4BA0-A43C-925440C82E93.jpeg

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Due to resurgence of COVID. Disney is evaluating if their ships will sail to there private island Castaway Cay. 
The pool buzz of all the grownups is that Disney will lose this stop   Because of Bahama restrictions. 
Nothing is carved in stone. 
Like I said I was creeping in on a conversation and heard the discussion. 

If it is true. And once Again I cannot confirm. I wonder if it would impact RCI on Coco Cay??????

It's all BUZZY here too. :classic_biggrin: Bahamas now requires all cruise ship passengers 12+ to be vaccinated to dock anywhere in the Bahamas including Coco Cay. Royal Caribbean just announced all cruises out of Florida will be fully vaccinated as of Sept. 3. No more mixed. Unvaccinated cruisers will be denied boarding. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Today being a mostly rainy day, the boys & Papa made Mickey pancakes for breakfast, then worked on a puzzle & played video games for a while. When the rain ended they spent some time outside on a couple of ride on toys we have. They went for a swim which never seems to get old.  We made cheesesteak’s and tater tots for dinner and currently watching the Patriots vs Eagles preseason game - seems appropriate for these Philly boys 🙂

A9E950C1-307C-4C4A-BDF8-115F149CEDCB.jpeg

D602A6A2-B8F3-42B5-87B1-9A3D14340407.jpeg

B58E2DB9-68DF-4BA0-A43C-925440C82E93.jpeg

Love the pancakes!

The rain seems to have by-passed us here...meanwhile, my daughter's street in West Hartford was like a river today!  I couldn't believe it was her street in the pictures.

23 minutes ago, Coralc said:

It's all BUZZY here too. :classic_biggrin: Bahamas now requires all cruise ship passengers 12+ to be vaccinated to dock anywhere in the Bahamas including Coco Cay. Royal Caribbean just announced all cruises out of Florida will be fully vaccinated as of Sept. 3. No more mixed. Unvaccinated cruisers will be denied boarding. 

Of course this doesn’t count all the children

32 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Great news. I had not heard that. I wonder if the cruise lines did some back room deal with the Bahamas to get around the Florida ban on vaccine requirements.🤔

• Like 3