Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I am a terrible friend.  Hanging my head in shame.  I totally forgot a lunch date I made for today with one of my closest friends.  I was having lunch with Jack, at home, when she called asking if I was ok and on my way.  OOOPS.  I felt awful.  By mistake I circled Wed. on my kitchen calendar.  I told her I could be there in 25 mins, tops.  She said she had things to do in the area anyway.  We then made another date for next Monday.  I told her lunch would be on me.  I was glad she only lives 15 mins. from the restaurant but I still feel bad.  This is honestly the first time this ever happened.  It better be the last.

For all those "exchanging" their medical procedures; Good luck for a successful outcome to each of you.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Slowly upgrading Laura to Le Creuset. Definitely going to take a while

I started buying Le Creuset a few years ago.  Their enameled cast iron is great to cook with and lasts for ever.  I really like their hardened non-stick pots and pans, very tough and evenly distributes the heat.  I even like their stoneware for baking.

Yes, their stuff is expensive but well worth it.  Luckily, their outlet stores have a few great sales throughout the year.

• Like 3

My wife’s surgery that was cancelled because the surgeon tested positive for Covid has been re-scheduled for this Friday.Due to my wife’s blood disorder it is quite scary to me.The reason why she chose to wait for this doctor to fully recover is because he is the only one who said he wanted to confer with her Hematologist before the procedure which is 2 1/2 hours.

My wife said she is going to tell the surgeon that if things do not go well that he has to adopt me.It is her sense of humor .

My youngest daughter will go with her and my other daughter will be here with me.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, singinalot said:

My baby sister, 27, is in France with her boyfriend, visiting my middle sister, 31. If you watched my wedding video, you’ll have seen them there.

this just happened 😭 my little heart is exploding. He proposed on the bridge in the Monet lily painting. They’ve been together 2 years and met while both worked at Disney.

77B364C8-154E-40FE-859A-1AB4653DD5ED.jpeg

2DB1C072-78CF-4E0F-A2B7-B74A1B70686D.jpeg

2A3127D9-F36B-4A90-A40C-D4F68C2801EB.jpeg

8351276C-C0D3-49CB-98CA-FB030EFB4D4D.jpeg

Congratulations

11 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

I started buying Le Creuset a few years ago.  Their enameled cast iron is great to cook with and lasts for ever.  I really like their hardened non-stick pots and pans, very tough and evenly distributes the heat.  I even like their stoneware for baking.

Yes, their stuff is expensive but well worth it.  Luckily, their outlet stores have a few great sales throughout the year.

I've been sticking to sales so far. I am not paying $500 for a Dutch Oven

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Looks pretty grim to me. Who's on your schedule to finish out?

Screenshot_20210913-135155_Chrome.thumb.jpg.defa71f223de2f5dbf380bd5fdddda5a.jpg

Just checked, remaining games are almost all against division leaders or wild card contenders. Ouch.

Mets fans are typically extremely pessimistic and extremely optimistic.  And always faithful. 

If something crazy happens, it will happen to the Mets. 😉

mr-met-crying - Meet The Matts : Meet The Matts

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, island lady said:

I will trade your eye doctor appointment for my dentist appointment coming up on Thursday.  😉 

So how does it feel to be home?     I imagine sad but happy. 

Disregard - I just saw your other post.   I'm playing catch up as I have had a busy Monday at work.   Just finally taking a break to eat lunch (diner) liner - whatever is but boy was I hungry and getting a headache from too much caffeine today.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 10:40 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I would like to do a paver driveway but it is 70 ft long. It also widenes to 3 cars as it approaches the garage. No idea what it would cost.

Yikes, that's definitely a lot longer than ours. Ours is 42.5' long x 32' wide so definitely not as large, but it's a rectangular shape so it doesn't get narrow up to the garages. Mike was thinking the estimate was around 9000.00, but he doesn't have the info with him. We also didn't make it by US Block this morning as planned. Not sure what I was thinking. 😂 I still had some last minute things to do. I was really wanting to get it started because we were told it would take about 10 - 12 weeks for the papers to be made and permits to get approved. Not sure if it will be done by the Holidays. 😕

• Like 1

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

My baby sister, 27, is in France with her boyfriend, visiting my middle sister, 31. If you watched my wedding video, you’ll have seen them there.

this just happened 😭 my little heart is exploding. He proposed on the bridge in the Monet lily painting. They’ve been together 2 years and met while both worked at Disney.

A day none of you will ever forget!

What a wonderful setting for a proposal!

I wish them bright and beautiful days ahead. 

On 9/12/2021 at 9:38 AM, Momof3gurlz said:

The pavers around our pool plus the walkway from the pool to the back deck are 1500 sq ft.  Total cost was $23,000.  $7k in materials and $16k in labor (which included a LOT of fill brought in plus a lot of grading).  

Yikes, you must have a large area. For our pool area it's only going to be about 13,000. 

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife’s surgery that was cancelled because the surgeon tested positive for Covid has been re-scheduled for this Friday.Due to my wife’s blood disorder it is quite scary to me.The reason why she chose to wait for this doctor to fully recover is because he is the only one who said he wanted to confer with her Hematologist before the procedure which is 2 1/2 hours.

My wife said she is going to tell the surgeon that if things do not go well that he has to adopt me.It is her sense of humor .

My youngest daughter will go with her and my other daughter will be here with me.

🙏🙏

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Well, it seems I can do multiple quote, but not singular.  Hmmm...

I'll tell you what, these Spam callers...I don't answer calls from my area code, since that's one the Spammers have been using for a very long time.  Doctor offices here have a different area code.  I'm waiting to hear from a testing location for my covid test before my colonoscopy next week.  Darn if the Spammers are now using that one, also.🤐

They are so annoying.   

Good luck with your test results 😍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

So beautiful - Congratulations to everyone 🥰

58 minutes ago, singinalot said:

For those that wanted to follow along, I’ve begun my Greece report 

You confuse me with the TSA Pre-check. That was something I had just gotten by the airline.  WE had to go through a big process to get Global Entry which also includes pre-check,  That required a visit to the local CBP office for fingerprint and pictures for the final step.

And, it works great. When we did our TA to Amsterdam 2 years ago,, our return flight to ATL, we just collected our baggage, went to the GE kiosk, and scooted through customs , no line.  

• Like 2