Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So how does it feel to be home?     I imagine sad but happy. 

Disregard - I just saw your other post.   I'm playing catch up as I have had a busy Monday at work.   Just finally taking a break to eat lunch (diner) liner - whatever is but boy was I hungry and getting a headache from too much caffeine today.

Yeah, not so much caffeine (I only drink one cup coffee a day at the most) but if I ever have to go without breakfast (my most important meal 😉 )...I get an awful headache.  Could be another reason you got the headache...tummy saying "feeed mee!!"   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

We get lots of spam calls on our landline.  Luckily, when home, Jack has the TV on and the screen always lists who the caller is when the landline rings which isn't often.  When it lists potential spam, we know we don't have to rush to pick the phone up. 

With the cell, sometimes it's not convenient to get to it before seeing it listed as potential spam.  

@sgmngorgeous wedding pictures of a beautiful, happy couple.

We only use a landline at home 

We're invited to 3 weddings in the next month - today (good friends), Sunday (our DIL's sister) and mid-October (next door neighbors).

Can't say we're not a bit wary being among so many people. You're supposed to be either vaccinated, after COVID or to show a negative PCR.... The venue management has to check.

We haven't been to a wedding for the last 5 years....

Weddings and cruises are the only places were I can dance. I absolutely like dancing.

Not sure about dancing at those weddings, though.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Pretty names but I have to ask why Wivenhoe? 

You and your Wife are in our prayers for a successful surgery Friday🥰

Wivenhoe was the name of a character on a TV show that we watched.

We liked the name.In 1985 we went to an animal adoption center to look for a kitten that we planned to name Samantha.We saw a beautiful kitten and on the cage was written Punky.We adopted her and felt that we should not change her name .She lived with us 19 years and was the most lovable cat imaginable.

Thanks for your wishes re my wife.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

We get lots of spam calls on our landline.  Luckily, when home, Jack has the TV on and the screen always lists who the caller is when the landline rings which isn't often.  When it lists potential spam, we know we don't have to rush to pick the phone up. 

With the cell, sometimes it's not convenient to get to it before seeing it listed as potential spam.  

My cell really only rings when it’s someone on my contact list. 
At least a dozen times a day I get a banner from my carrier saying potential spam or potential junk call silenced. 
So far, when I look at them, they are mostly spoofs, showing local caller id, and originating elsewhere. 
Voucemails are transcribed, and inevitably they’re selling car warranties or notifying me our computer is being wiped out or the federal government is after me. 
So nice not to have to answer the cell and get that garbage. 

• Like 3

@lenquixote66

You are definetely an ANGEL in disguise.

Thank God you were there to help your wive's coworker in her time of need.

I believe in good Karma.  I do not seek revenge in any way or form to anyone by wishing them bad Karma.

You and your wife deserve great things.  And as the time for her surgery is rescheduled I will light a candle at our churches Blessed Mother Mary statue.  She has helped me in the past by lets just say I believe in miracles, and a little help from above never hurt anyone.

Keep us posted.

Take care, be safe, stay calm

All my caring concern.

Sue

Addendum:  I see the surgery is this Friday.  Got the Mrs. Covered.  Prayers for the quickest safest healing.

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 6

@Sea Dog So you understand how hard it is to buy something, over researching and over analyzing.  Well I finally pulled the trigger and just received my new camera.  I have a lot to learn about it before the October 2 cruise.  I am hoping to get some good photos and maybe video to share with our CC family here.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My cell really only rings when it’s someone on my contact list. 
At least a dozen times a day I get a banner from my carrier saying potential spam or potential junk call silenced. 
So far, when I look at them, they are mostly spoofs, showing local caller id, and originating elsewhere. 
Voucemails are transcribed, and inevitably they’re selling car warranties or notifying me our computer is being wiped out or the federal government is after me. 
So nice not to have to answer the cell and get that garbage. 

Most of the time my phone warns me of spammers but if a call comes through and it’s not in contacts, I don’t answer it.  I have never set up phone messages either.  If someone needs me and I don’t answer they can text me.

12 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Roasted Garlic 

I have never roasted garlic.  How do you do it and how do you use it.  I am looking for a new way to me to use up my garlic.

We put the cloves in foil with a little butter, cover it and bake till it's a brownish color. It's like eating candy to me. I love it, but I don’t make it very often. 

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks so much for posting these.  Your pictures are fantastic!  We board her in 5 days.  It's so great feeling that cruise excitement again.

Thanks, enjoy your cruise. After the test cruise I couldn't wait for our October Odyssey cruise so we are doing a b2b on the Freedom right now. They are only doing 3 and 4 night cruises and a 3 or 4 is just to short.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paul from Maryland said:

I put Wet & Forget on my roof once a year, every other year at the most.  Easy to use, just spray it on let the rain wash it off.  It stops the black algae stains from gaining hold.  Roof looks so much better without those black algae stains.

On the back side of the roof, which gets less sun, it also stops moss from growing.

Our deck is on the back side, so this year after pressure washing the deck I also sprayed it with Wet & Forget.

We went to ACE hardware to pick up our gallon of Wet & Forget yesterday.   Totally depressing to see all the black mold on the the pavers in our screened court yard when we got home.  All summer of neglect with us being gone.  The mold demons took over.  😛

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

LOL...I don't rush to pick up my cell phone that is ringing at all.  If it is near me, I will glance over to see the incoming number.  I am pretty much a "let it go to voice mail...call you later"...kind of lazy gal.  

Happily same thing...my phone scans the call and will let me know if scam call or telemarketer.  😉 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We applied for Global Entry a few days ago and I was surprised (amazed in fact) that we received conditional approval in one day.  Who knew our government could move so fast?  We'll need to drive a few hours to Sanford, or maybe Palm Beach for our interview, but there are dates available throughout October/November.  We'll schedule the interviews as part of a long weekend trip somewhere.

There is an office right before the gate to PE you could also go to if you could get an appt before or after your Allure cruise.

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Nick  Alex wedding_070821-694.jpg

Nick  Alex wedding_070821-686.jpg

Beautiful photos and cute couple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

There is an office right before the gate to PE you could also go to if you could get an appt before or after your Allure cruise.

Allure is out of PC.  Is there an office there?  I didn't see it on the list but it would be great if we could make that happen.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Speaking of spam, has anyone been sent gross spam text?  The spammer sends a text to about 20 numbers from usually a gmail account.  I haven’t seen any way to block it.  I haven’t received one for a couple weeks now but a couple months ago several people around here were getting them. Maybe AT&T or gmail is getting it under control.

I do recall receiving a couple of them maybe last spring or late winter but haven't in a while.     After Eric's Identity was stolen last March we are on high security alert for everything and anything.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We're invited to 3 weddings in the next month - today (good friends), Sunday (our DIL's sister) and mid-October (next door neighbors).

Can't say we're not a bit wary being among so many people. You're supposed to be either vaccinated, after COVID or to show a negative PCR.... The venue management has to check.

We haven't been to a wedding for the last 5 years....

Weddings and cruises are the only places were I can dance. I absolutely like dancing.

Not sure about dancing at those weddings, though.

My son has been to four weddings this summer and has another one to attend next month.  Some were cancelled from last year to keep all safe and all chose outdoor venues.  Three of four went without a hitch, all attending were to be vaccinated, no issues reported after.  Unfortunately, the last one he attended was not so lucky.  The bride ended up feeling sick a few days after the ceremony and tested positive.  Twenty people that attended the wedding ended up positive, all had been vaccinated.  The wedding was a distance away so all had rented houses or had gotten hotels.  My son had stayed in a house with a total of six people.  One in the house tested positive but my son and the other four were all negative.  I felt so bad for the bride and groom as they took all the steps they could to try to keep everyone safe.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog So you understand how hard it is to buy something, over researching and over analyzing.  Well I finally pulled the trigger and just received my new camera.  I have a lot to learn about it before the October 2 cruise.  I am hoping to get some good photos and maybe video to share with our CC family here.

What did you end up deciding on? Right now I'm leaning towards a Sony A7R III. The thing is a beast.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Thought we needed some representation for Calico  Cats.

Here is a picture of one of our cats "Jessie"

20210914_092951.jpg

Another beautiful kitty.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have only had a Colonoscopy but I am due for both .

They suck, but please schedule one.  ❤

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Tower Bridge 

20210913_122445.thumb.jpg.c320de37506e769dbe589e83f720a58e.jpg

Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures of London.  We have attempted to go to London 3 times, all TA's.  Our last attempt was out of Southampton on the Anthem October 2020.  I know we'll get there someday...sigh...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

The old and the new

Plus pic of one of the tower ravens. The story goes that if the ravens were to ever leave the tower it would fall

20210913_112247.thumb.jpg.dcec41f53830de6b57e56faca45d76ad.jpg20210913_135202.thumb.jpg.1db2041bf70a534e937f67aab6dadea5.jpg

Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos.     Reminds us of the wonderful trip of London we had in fall 2018.    Hope to get back some day soon as there is so much more we want to see and do.     

The wedding photos are amazing.    So happy that special day was able to take place with family and friends all present🥰

I read online there are currently 7 ravens (6 by Royal Decree).     Jan 2021 Merlina went missing for a couple of weeks and is presumed dead she was known as the "Queen".     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1