Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Customers not bad there...it was the "personal shoppers" that were clogging the aisles even worse than usual. 

This has become an even bigger problem in the last year or so...not just at off times.  The Kroger where we used to live used different separate shopping carts for personal shoppers than regular shoppers.  They were bigger and took up more aisle space.  You'd think the personal shoppers would learn, since they shop at lot more than others, but they are equally oblivious to what's happening around them and leave the carts right in the middle of the aisle.  I hate grocery shopping.

• Like 2

Dani, on the not noticing front…my mother knew my dad pretty well.  😉  At 16 when I had a fender bender (no one explained to me that slamming on the brakes did not mean the car would instantly stop…) the car looked bad…. My mother said we’ll tell your dad after it’s been repaired.  Evidently being presented with a bill was less distressing than seeing the mangled fender.

I took eight inches off my waist length hair…and my husband did not notice…

Yes, luckily, my brother must have been going through his “I want to be a fireman” phase!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

This has become an even bigger problem in the last year or so...not just at off times.  The Kroger where we used to live used different separate shopping carts for personal shoppers than regular shoppers.  They were bigger and took up more aisle space.  You'd think the personal shoppers would learn, since they shop at lot more than others, but they are equally oblivious to what's happening around them and leave the carts right in the middle of the aisle.  I hate grocery shopping.

Yes, these carts are huge and have 8-10 boxes each on them of individual orders.  Makes me wonder if they are getting paid by the order.   They are always in a hurry and don't care if they are blocking you off from the aisles.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Question Royal experts? I forgot to get a print out from guest services of all our charges as it itemizes everything and it's it good indicator of how much you spend and to keep track of how much we drink.

Is there a way to get that information? I went to the cruise planner for past cruises and there is not a tab. Do I just call? Can they get that information to me about a past cruise? Thanks for you help.

You should be able to call and ask for them to email you.    I am not sure how far back they can go with past cruises, never hurts to ask.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

That's a nice size turkey you've gotten, Debbie!  Sounds like you'll have turkey sandwiches the day after Thanksgiving.  I love turkey sandwiches with lots of mayonnaise, on white bread (that's the only time I buy white bread..specifically for my turkey sandwich), with a cup of Egg Nog.  Heavenly!!

We're all  traveling up to Connecticut for Thanksgiving at our oldest daughter's home.🦃

Are you driving or flying to CT?       Safe Travels.

I think I like leftover turkey sandwich better than turkey day!      I love it on white bread with Hellmans mayo and some cranberry sauce that I make.

Oh no, I forgot I have to get egg nog and rum.   Off to the liquor store after work!     thank you for the reminder. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Dani, on the not noticing front…my mother knew my dad pretty well.  😉  At 16 when I had a fender bender (no one explained to me that slamming on the brakes did not mean the car would instantly stop…) the car looked bad…. My mother said we’ll tell your dad after it’s been repaired.  Evidently being presented with a bill was less distressing than seeing the mangled fender.

I took eight inches off my waist length hair…and my husband did not notice…

Yes, luckily, my brother must have been going through his “I want to be a fireman” phase!

to add to not noticing, years ago my husband shaved off half his mustache on a weekend.  took me a day before I noticed.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

I never been to a Piggly Wiggly store but I remember when I first heard of their name, back in the mid-1980's, when I was working my first corporate job for a consumer goods company.  I worked closely with the Shipping & Distribution departments and would see their name all over various reports.  My first thought was they were a butcher shop chain specializing in pork. LOL

Anyways, the history geek in me wondered about the origins of their name. For those interested, you can read it here:  https://www.pigglywiggly.com/about-us 

What I found interesting is they proclaim themselves to be one of the first self-serve grocery stores.  Prior to that, customers would hand their shopping lists to grocery clerks who would then gather the products off the shelves.  Sounds similar to today's "personal shoppers". Proving the old adage: What is old, is new again"

• Like 4

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Raining again this morning here west of Orlando, but should clear up and actually be a bit cold for us tomorrow with high in the upper 60s.  But sunny, dry and beautiful through the rest of the week.  

Happy with our condo they assigned us on the top (4th floor)...as per my request.  Being a light sleeper I am very conscious of guests walking around above my head.  😮 

20211121_130605.jpg

20211121_131009.jpg

20211121_131028.jpg

You have a knack for picking great rental spots Pat!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think I like leftover turkey sandwich better than turkey day!      I love it on white bread with Hellmans mayo and some cranberry sauce that I make.

I am with you on this except for the cranberry.  Sharon has a traditional fluffy soft roll recipe her grandma would make.  I use the larger leftover ones to make the turkey sandwich, Mayo and some onion or garlic salt.  Sooo good.  The last few years I have brined a turkey breast.  It makes it so moist.  I just thought,  maybe I sould try Sous vide!

Oh no, I forgot I have to get egg nog and rum.

Wow, I am so glad you posted this.  I forgot about the egg nog too.

• Like 4

Are you driving or flying to CT?       Safe Travels. 

Thank you, Debbie.  We are driving.  Actually, our daughters are driving; 5 in one car, 4 in the other.  Jim is happy to not be driving this trip.

to add to not noticing, years ago my husband shaved off half his mustache on a weekend.  took me a day before I noticed.   

Same here.  Sometimes I don't even notice, until he finally brings it to my attention.

14 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

You have a knack for picking great rental spots Pat!

She really does!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I never been to a Piggly Wiggly store but I remember when I first heard of their name, back in the mid-1980's, when I was working my first corporate job for a consumer goods company.  I worked closely with the Shipping & Distribution departments and would see their name all over various reports.  My first thought was they were a butcher shop chain specializing in pork. LOL

Anyways, the history geek in me wondered about the origins of their name. For those interested, you can read it here:  https://www.pigglywiggly.com/about-us 

What I found interesting is they proclaim themselves to be one of the first self-serve grocery stores.  Prior to that, customers would hand their shopping lists to grocery clerks who would then gather the products off the shelves.  Sounds similar to today's "personal shoppers". Proving the old adage: What is old, is new again"

While in college we had a Piggly Wiggly store within walking distance.  The one thing I remember is they had this game machine.  After you made a purchase they gave you a card to put in the machine to see if you won anything.  One time before payday we had just enough to buy bread or milk.  We bought some bread, took the game card to the machine and won $7.77!  We then went back and got milk!  Those were the days.

• Like 5

In 2005 I was going to California to visit relatives.I shaved my beard wondering if they would realize it.The day before I left I was visiting with my sister in law and it took hours before she realized it.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I use the larger leftover ones to make the turkey sandwich, Mayo and some onion or garlic salt.  Sooo good.

I love doing that too. I also do a turkey bowl where I take turkey chunks, stuffing, mashed potatoes, egg noodles and gravy and mix it all together. It carb overload but so good.

• Like 6

Today was the first day in over a week I was able to take it at my own pace. Grocery store. Pick up pumpkin rolls. Visit with my brother. 

I have been so busy coordinating a garage sale of all the remaining hoarder items for three days this past weekend. It was the mother in laws / uncles side by side 4,000 square foot duplex with 70 years of their memories. My DH is the only surviving relative.  No will. And estate settled recently. 

Over all. I was surprised at some of the items that sold for great prices. Too think I almost threw some of it out but at the last minute said what the hell, maybe someone would buy it. 

The hot ticket items were my DH childhood toys. Most of them in almost perfect condition

All the games had all their pieces. 
Metal cars/trucks,  fire trucks,  police cars, mini oil trucks, tanks, hot wheels in original cases. 
GI Joe tanks bunkers 5 buildings and other accessories $$$$

But some surprise items that went fast

old playing cards

Cigarette lighters Zippo and souvenir ones

old store bags. Woolworth Isalys . Howard Johnson. I had them and more pinned on a wall as a gimmick and someone bought over half of them. And I just did it as a joke.

oil lamps

plain regular lamps 

CD player 

old 30, 35, and 8 mm movie projector 

old records from Bing Crosby. To Elvis. 

Car parts

filters 

spark plugs

ladders

framed pictures 

beer steins

What did not go?

over 400 drinking glasses

dishes

pots/pans 

Dinner ware 

Christmas trees

Christmas ornaments 

routor complete design kit

big yard shredder. 

it is done!!!!!

We are donating everything and anything left to   A church group coming to take what they need to provide for families in need. 

The gently used blankets are going to animal welfare if the church does not want.

Then a dumpster. There is nothing but debris left in house. 

Oh. It was a cold and windy weekend. My DH. Brought our movable fire pit to keep warm.  He kept his “man” gloves that he could wear when lifting the grate so he would not get burnt. Well someone just took them and walked off with them. I am sure other items were pocketed, it is what it is. 

Finally the house goes on the market. 

And when we’re talking about out with the old and in with the new, our additional garage is well under way and will be done in about a week. 

What a long process. 

See pictures. 

92E7EBC0-F517-465B-A1C4-6F1ACC8CA994.jpeg

59E654C2-89A4-400E-AF96-847DE12ECD11.jpeg

A6F1C6B5-C9A0-4809-B5E3-DF2055105F71.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 14

45 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Same here.  Sometimes I don't even notice, until he finally brings it to my attention.

I usually don’t shave more than once a week.  Sharon usually notices a day or two later.  She says, oh you shaved!  Then she softly rubs her cheek on mine and gives me a nice, soft kiss.  😊 Now tell me, why in the world would I shave more often?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We may have talked about this but do have Lightroom?

I do have Lightroom on my phone.  I may have to experiment with it a little.  

I have an old version of Photoshop on my desktop, and GIMP on my laptop.  Either of those would probably work too, but trying to keep things phone based now. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, I never heard of WaWa.  I never saw one in NJ.  All I need are a few items for a fresh salad.  

My goodness Bonnie.  We have WaWa everywhere here in South Jersey.  Most of our gas stations are at WaWa.. I always give 3 of our grandsons gift cards  in their stockings where they can get food, drinks, etc.  They loved the ones I gave them from WaWa.  Two of our grandsons go there after school with their friends for snacks and drinks before heading to the Park.  I'm not sure which I'll buy this year, since Starbucks just opened (another popular venue for the kids) in the parking lot next to WaWa.🤷‍♀️

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, I never heard of WaWa.  I never saw one in NJ.  All I need are a few items for a fresh salad.  

In the 1970’s many of my friends and relatives moved from Brooklyn to NJ,mainly south Jersey.There seem to be WaWa’s near everyone’s homes.

Toby loves their coffee.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I have an old version of Photoshop on my desktop, and GIMP on my laptop.  Either of those would probably work too, but trying to keep things phone based now. 

Lightroom Mobile works pretty well just by clicking on the Auto button, especially in pulling up some of the shadows.  I'll usually start there and if necessary, add some clarity or up the saturation on specific colors.  The new masking feature is really good at selecting the sky or the main subject.  If you select the sky, you can reduce the exposure of just the sky about 1/3 to 1/2 stop and it will really make the blue in the sky pop, like looking at it through a polarized lens.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Lightroom Mobile works pretty well just by clicking on the Auto button, especially in pulling up some of the shadows.  I'll usually start there and if necessary, add some clarity or up the saturation on specific colors.  The new masking feature is really good at selecting the sky or the main subject.  If you select the sky, you can reduce the exposure of just the sky about 1/3 to 1/2 stop and it will really make the blue in the sky pop, like looking at it through a polarized lens.

Does Lightroom mobile require the monthly subscription?

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Over all. I was surprised at some of the items that sold for great prices. Too think I almost threw some of it out but at the last minute said what the hell, maybe someone would buy it. 

After my parents died. I knew that they had some expensive stuff that would be worth a lot to sell. There were a few other things I was ready to throw in the trash. Luckily I had a appraiser come in and the stuff that I though wasn't worth anything ended up selling for a lot including a molded plastic Herman Miller rocker.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

It's fun and very easy. Just adjust to your liking.

35 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Auto does work well. I like playing around with all the settings.

23 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Does Lightroom mobile require the monthly subscription?

No it's free for IOS and Android.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

No it's free for IOS and Android.

I used Lightroom from its start but when my old computer couldn’t handle the upgrades a couple years ago I dropped the subscription to Photoshop and Lightroom.  I just downloaded the Lightroom app.  It’s wanting me to sign in.  I will see if my old sign in will work.  If not I will probably delete it.  The app that came with my phone works good for me.

I have a Samsung but was trying to see if if the iPhone 12 Pro had adjustable iso and aperture like the Samsung which helps with night photos.  I found an article that says it does not have it built in but you can by a pro setting through the Lightroom app.  So maybe someone with both the iPhone and the app can check it out to see if it works.

• Like 1