Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I just ordered a rolling stand for lanai.  Had to find a home for the old 55" LCD. Streaming makes for easy TV placement 

The one out by the pool is on a rolling stand. We purchased at Best Buy and was more expensive than the TV we bought for outside. Hint for outside Florida, buy the biggest cheapest set. I think it’s a TCL, was like $299 or $399 and I believe 60”

10 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think it’s a TCL, was like $299 or $399 and I believe 60”

This is how we ended up with 6 tv's.  Kept getting  higher def, bigger, better connecting smart TV's for less and less.  We'd upgrade the main TV in the family room, and put the old (perfectly good tv) in another room.  The TV in the basement has been in 5 different rooms. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Domino D said:

This is how we ended up with 6 tv's.  Kept getting  higher def, bigger, better connecting smart TV's for less and less.  We'd upgrade the main TV in the family room, and put the old (perfectly good tv) in another room.  The TV in the basement has been in 5 different rooms. 

Two of the bedrooms are there because of upgrades. 

This years top-of-the-line $2,000 TV will be a $200 budget TV in 2 years. Practically disposable,  if they were easy to dispose of.

TCL is supposed to be a great brand. Don't know about long term reliability but it is consistently ranked high by tech review websites.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

This years top-of-the-line $2,000 TV will be a $200 budget TV in 2 years. Practically disposable,  if they were easy to dispose of.

TCL is supposed to be a great brand. Don't know about long term reliability but it is consistently ranked high by tech review websites.  

We’ve had it outdoors (TCL) for two years now. Still working fine. I don’t think the display is as brite as the Samsung it replaced. Other than that, not a bad TV. 

You’re correct. We paid $5k for the 4K Sony that was the competition for OLED 5 years ago. Similar TV and size are now less than $2k. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We’ve had it outdoors (TCL) for two years now. Still working fine. I don’t think the display is as brite as the Samsung it replaced. Other than that, not a bad TV. 

You’re correct. We paid $5k for the 4K Sony that was the competition for OLED 5 years ago. Similar TV and size are now less than $2k. 

75" Samsung OLED was $1500 with soundbar

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Domino D said:

There is also a British series called Cruising with Jane McDonald on Youtube.  It was a tv series following a woman who was cruising around the world.  I don't remember if all the episodes were on there, but there was a lot. 

Jane was originally a singer on a cruise ship. She's from Yorkshire, a very warm vibrant lady who's been in a few day time chat shows and absolutely loves cruising and travel

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, singinalot said:

I think the only streaming service we don’t have at this point is Disney 🤷‍♀️

We signed up a couple of months ago just to watch Hamilton and Mulan.  We planned to then cancel.  Didn't realize that Mulan wasn't free until earlier this month.  I'll get around to cancelling one of these days.  That's how they get you though.  Before you know it, you've paid for the service for a year and haven't watched anything.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm still sinking up the new Samsung in living room. Kinda pissed I have to do each TV individually

I just needed to log into YouTube TV again.  Not only is it a pain to get all of the smart services set up, I've had to do it more than once on the same TV for some services.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@Sunshine3601 How are Eva and "Cory"? 😍 Do they get along?

Thank you for asking.  They are doing great and get along well.   Cory is now known as Sparky.  He's a ball of energy and wants to play non stop.   He is very clumsy where Eva is more gentle and graceful.  Eva likes to play too but now loves the Christmas tree we picked up this weekend.    I will upload some pictures as soon as we decorate the tree.  I want them to get used to the tree for a day before I decorate it.

I'm sure Sparky will think the decorations are new toys.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow, where do you put 4 tvs in a RV?

One big one in the "living room"...surround sound, Blu Ray...theater style.  One over front that we watch during breakfast, one in the bedroom, and one outside (which we rarely used) that you can watch in your folding chairs under the awning (think outdoor porch).  

The bus came with all of them.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you for asking.  They are doing great and get along well.   Cory is now known as Sparky.  He's a ball of energy and wants to play non stop.   He is very clumsy where Eva is more gentle and graceful.  Eva likes to play too but now loves the Christmas tree we picked up this weekend.    I will upload some pictures as soon as we decorate the tree.  I want them to get used to the tree for a day before I decorate it.

I'm sure Sparky will think the decorations are new toys.

Was one of the reasons we had to stop buying tinsel for the tree...years ago.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

One big one in the "living room"...surround sound, Blu Ray...theater style.  One over front that we watch during breakfast, one in the bedroom, and one outside (which we rarely used) that you can watch in your folding chairs under the awning (think outdoor porch).  

I had 3 of them figured out. Missed out on the front overhead. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

And to add, while enjoying the evening HH. 🍷

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Was one of the reasons we had to stop buying tinsel for the tree...years ago.  😉 

LOL my little furbaby loves dragging tinsel around the house!  He also loves to bat around the little ornament balls - I find them all over the place!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

LOL my little furbaby loves dragging tinsel around the house!  He also loves to bat around the little ornament balls - I find them all over the place!

Ours used to eat the tinsel, made a rather "sparkly" cat litter box cleaning.   Ughh...had to immediately take it off the tree.  

When one of ours was much younger...would find her more than half way up the trunk of the tree in search of adventures.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2