Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

48 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

In an emergency, you can make confectioner’s sugar by throwing granulated sugar into your very dry blender. 

I never knew that.  Thank you🤩

And I think it was that mentioning making Quaker oatmeal cookies with recipe.  Today was the first time I did that and they came out really good.  Eric says he may just like them better but he wants to keep trying to decide😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We got home from the hospital yesterday after waiting 1 1/2 hours while they looked for my cane. I last saw it in pre-op, where they said my things would be safe. 
Finally gave up, and left with no cane 

When we got home and settled, Dick needed to walk, since he missed three mile walk all week. 
I carefully got undressed and put a nightgown on. That’s when I realized I had a capped off needle on the inside if my elbow. I had seen many an iv needle pulled out, so was ready with a cotton ball and tape when I carefully pulled off the tape and pulled out the needle.
Holy Niagara Falls!
Blood poured out like I’d struck oil.  
I grabbed a bunch of Kleenex and pressed it against my arm, and they were immediately soaked through. 
The bed, carpet, nightgown and the left side of my body were soaked. 
Grabbed more Kleenex, pressed it against the inside of my elbow and scuttled to the linen closet. 
We had bought gauze pads because of last month’s surgery. 
I grabbed several pads, applied pressure and the bleeding turned off like a faucet. 
Evidently the capped needle as there so the middle of the night vampires could draw blood without turning on the light. 
The blood would have backed up waiting to be released, and I released it. 
Dick came home and about fainted. Not because of the blood, but because he thought something went horribly wrong. 
He threw everything in to soak while I tried to clean the blood off me. No shower because of the new pacemaker. 
Luckily, we’re ok with blood, at least so far!

He got down on the floor and cleaned the carpet and the bathroom floor, remade the bed, and then we watched Jeopardy!

Quite the homecoming, and still no cane!

I hope I didn’t ruin anyone’s dinner!

Oh my, sorry to hear you had to go thru that but thankful to hear you were able to stop the bleeding with the supplies you had.  

I would call hospital lost and found tomorrow or the surgical floor to ask about your cane.  

Welcome Home💕

• Like 3

2 hours ago, George C said:

My wife just found out that her 51 year old unvaccinated cousin just passed away from Covid . 

I am so very sorry to hear this, George.  How devastating.  May your wife's cousin rest in peace.  🙏

2 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

We found out at Valentine’s Day- my daughter said “Do you want to see what Noel gave me for Valentine’s Day?” It was an ultrasound photo! The baby is 3 months old now, and a very easy going baby- his parents are visiting now. We are expecting another son and his dog shortly, and then the last son and boyfriend arrive in a couple of days.

And then we lock down again. Sigh. I am actually grateful that, for us, Christmas is early (21st) because if it wasn’t, some people would probably act prudently and not be with us. 

Enjoy your Christmas with all of your family!🎄

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Like someone posted earlier, this thread is a sanctuary🙏! Outside is a battle field! 😥

Amen to that, Arzeena!  

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I bought a bag last week and it lasted 3 days in my pantry!  Did I mention Jack doesn't eat popcorn?😉

LOL!

57 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It is in Fort Lauderdale.  It is about 11 miles from where we are staying at the beach. 

Years past, we would go to Benihana for NYE dinner.  We usually go early, because the grandkids want to be back to the house to do their own celebration. 

I had gone to Benihana's for the first time when I lived in Ft. Lauderdale in the late '60's.  I remember it being so beautiful.  Once I moved back to NY I found out there was a Benihana in Mid-town.  Of course, it's not as pretty as the one in Florida..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This is her 1st baby and will be our 7th grandchild.  What a blessing.  Aubrey asked when the baby will hatch.  😂 She asked the same thing when they told her "driver" was on the way.  😆 

‘She just tested earlier before we opened the box.  She will have her blood test the morning of January 7th. We are leaving that afternoon to fly to Orlando and plan to cruise the 9th on Harmony.  

Maybe Caden will get a boy cousin to take care of😍

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We got home from the hospital yesterday after waiting 1 1/2 hours while they looked for my cane. I last saw it in pre-op, where they said my things would be safe. 

When we got home and settled, Dick needed to walk, since he missed three mile walk all week. 
I carefully got undressed and put a nightgown on. That’s when I realized I had a capped off needle on the inside if my elbow. I had seen many an iv needle pulled out, so was ready with a cotton ball and tape when I carefully pulled off the tape and pulled out the needle.
Holy Niagara Falls!
I grabbed a bunch of Kleenex and pressed it against my arm, and they were immediately soaked through. 
Grabbed more Kleenex, pressed it against the inside of my elbow and scuttled to the linen closet. 
I grabbed several pads, applied pressure and the bleeding turned off like a faucet. 
Evidently the capped needle as there so the middle of the night vampires could draw blood without turning on the light. 
Dick came home and about fainted. Not because of the blood, but because he thought something went horribly wrong. 
He threw everything in to soak while I tried to clean the blood off me. No shower because of the new pacemaker. 

He got down on the floor and cleaned the carpet and the bathroom floor, remade the bed, and then we watched Jeopardy!

Oh, Mimi, as if you haven't been through enough, between being in the hospital and losing your cane, to find the capped off needle causing you to bleed so profusely, and then Dick arriving home to find you in such a state!  I am so sorry that this has happened to you both;  and yet, you still have your wonderful sense of humor.  Love you, kid!😉🥰

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

When was this? Either we didn’t get the email or I deleted it thinking they were trying to sell us something. 

It was probably a couple weeks ago.  Got a reminder on the Celebrity one last Sunday, and a reminder from Royal this morning. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Oh, Mimi, as if you haven't been through enough, between being in the hospital and losing your cane, to find the capped off needle causing you to bleed so profusely, and then Dick arriving home to find you in such a state!  I am so sorry that this has happened to you both;  and yet, you still have your wonderful sense of humor.  Love you, kid!😉🥰

Well, I’d rather laugh than cry!

Laughing never gives me a headache. 

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Maybe Caden will get a boy cousin to take care of😍

Another boy would even it out some.  If she follows her two sisters the first will be a boy followed by two girls.  If you need some bakers to help you maybe the kids can help.  They made cookies with Shashey (Sharon) today.  They were all wearing chef Hats that Mickey signed at Disney.

412C202C-828D-402D-B441-4707B9FABF9C.thumb.jpeg.91e1fb53daa35b27cf646e5e1593be8a.jpeg

82A38F76-184B-4961-A5F6-10DBD2C8E630.thumb.jpeg.391aaf2b94c80b63d1a9e010165da056.jpeg

DBC373C5-EF3A-4C47-82E4-C826316E41F3.thumb.jpeg.f9706d771795399d0ee05abbd226029c.jpeg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I would say something did go wrong.  Could of been worse but that’s crazy.  I am thankful I have not found Sharon like that!  You have had a lot of crazy going on lately.  Time for things to ease up.  You are storing up stories to tell down the road. 

3 hours ago, George C said:

My wife just found out that her 51 year old unvaccinated cousin just passed away from Covid . 

Condolences to your family

Holy Niagara Falls!

Oh my so glad it ended well but what a thing to go through.  Not sure I could have handled it so well.

• Like 1

Holy Niagara Falls!

Not everyone would remain so calm and level-headed in a situation like that. Way to go!

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Another boy would even it out some.  If she follows her two sisters the first will be a boy followed by two girls.  If you need some bakers to help you maybe the kids can help.  They made cookies with Shashey (Sharon) today.  They were all wearing chef Hats that Mickey signed at Disney.

412C202C-828D-402D-B441-4707B9FABF9C.thumb.jpeg.91e1fb53daa35b27cf646e5e1593be8a.jpeg

82A38F76-184B-4961-A5F6-10DBD2C8E630.thumb.jpeg.391aaf2b94c80b63d1a9e010165da056.jpeg

DBC373C5-EF3A-4C47-82E4-C826316E41F3.thumb.jpeg.f9706d771795399d0ee05abbd226029c.jpeg

That’s so cute, even the littles got in on the fun!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yes, I could definitely use some helpers with more baking and wrapping tomorrow.  Have the driver bring everybody💕

They look like serious bakers and love the Chef hats.

Eric bought a Chef hat from gift shop at Buckingham Palace when there in 2018 that he bought out for me to wear today.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Santa’s helpers!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Holy Niagara Falls!

OMG that sounds horrible and you were by yourself in the house. Thank goodness you had the presence of mind to apply pressure. Well done for keeping so calm.

What a shock for your hubby

Glad it had a happy ending 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Your grandchildren look so cute and look like they are having a great time. 

We only have one grandchild, a little boy called Isaac who is 8 months old. He is adorable and I wish I could post a photo of him but his parents won't allow us to. 😢 

Yesterday they sent us a little video of him discovering he can suck his toe.  It's the sweetest thing, especially the BIG grin on his face when his dad asks what he's doing, adorable 💕 

They are coming down to stay over Christmas, along with our other son and DIL once they get released from covid quarantine. 

I can't wait 

• Like 10

Got our Moderna boosters yesterday.  I had a mild headache last night and a sore arm this morning.  The shot actually hurt this time and there was a trickly of blood flowing from the injection site.  Don't think the nurse was particularly careful.  No big deal...should be all good later today.  Micheline said that she didn't even feel the needle and has had no side effects.

• Like 8

Just had to show the ribs and hot wings we had yesterday for lunch.

First time we had ever been to this place, had no idea how good the food was there. This was the best meal we had out since we been here in Virginia  for our 11 months here,

Needless to say we had plenty of leftovers to bring home.

https://www.facebook.com/Hickory-House-BBQ-1261297984013286/photos/pcb.1693389917470755/1693382800804800

20211218_134923.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 12