Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 minutes ago, Coralc said:

@grapau27 Merry Christmas! :classic_smile: Since we have been celebrating. I have a question for folks in Great Britain, including @sgmn and others. 

If biscuits are cookies, (and we love cookies) what do you call actual biscuits, that you have with butter or jam and do you have bread in a tube? It is one of those curious conversations. :classic_biggrin:

large_8b3e3f82-5f84-494a-bfa6-7ad40607a418.webp

Happy Christmas.

Screenshot_20211225_091732.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

Shortbread is better and tastier than crackers. But very different than here. Hmm. Thanks. Interesting. :classic_biggrin: The biscuit thing seems to be very different in other countries. 

The reason I asked, was that "bread in a tube" has been unavailable for weeks. We usually buy their French bread loaves, Crescent Roll sheets and the Grand layered biscuits. They are really good, easy and come in small cans of 5 for both of us. 

So, then we started talking about biscuits in other countries. I didn't want to monopolize the conversation, but I was curious. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

I think I’m caught up, for now anyway!  
@grapau27 I’m glad to hear your procedure went well and it’s now behind you. I hope it’s not too painful or uncomfortable while it’s healing. 

@h20skibum looks like a great stop on your way to FL.  Would you mind sharing info on the hotel that has those great Christmas decorations?

@Sea Dog your video of Jonathan on Christmas morning through the years was just beautiful and I love the song you chose. 

I’m sorry for all of those who’s Christmas plans have been impacted by either Covid cases or waiting for test results.  My Christmas wish is that this is the last holiday season we have to deal with this.  I know there are often other illnesses that come to call & ruin holiday plans (I can recall a couple of ours dealing with the “stomach bug”), but the scale of this one is so different.  

I also want to say I’m so glad I stopped being a lurker and joined this thread.  It’s really something special!  

Merry Christmas to you all 🎁 🎄

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@h20skibum looks like a great stop on your way to FL.  Would you mind sharing info on the hotel that has those great Christmas decorations?

That is the Fairfield Inn and Suites, at I77 exit 85 in Elkin, NC. Although it is listed as a 2 star hotel, it is one of the nicest Fairfield’s we have stayed in.  

60F6B6AC-90A3-487A-90B9-FE5811715E6E.thumb.png.2e1720c19a3fce3701a0f3a114d588e5.png

Their Christmas displays, inside and out, are fantastic.  There are full size, decorated trees at the end of every hall on every floor, decorated tree in the pool and spa area, and throughout the lobby and dining area. A few years ago we were talking with one of the staff, and they said they had over $250,000 in decorations. 

As a bonus, the Pirate’s Landing is at this interchange.  It is a very good, nautical theme, seafood restaurant with very reasonable prices. 

You will find us here every year on the first day of our drive to Florida. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I think I’m caught up, for now anyway!  
@grapau27 I’m glad to hear your procedure went well and it’s now behind you. I hope it’s not too painful or uncomfortable while it’s healing. 

@Sea Dog your video of Jonathan on Christmas morning through the years was just beautiful and I love the song you chose. 

I’m sorry for all of those who’s Christmas plans have been impacted by either Covid cases or waiting for test results.  My Christmas wish is that this is the last holiday season we have to deal with this.  I know there are often other illnesses that come to call & ruin holiday plans (I can recall a couple of ours dealing with the “stomach bug”), but the scale of this one is so different.  

I also want to say I’m so glad I stopped being a lurker and joined this thread.  It’s really something special!  

Merry Christmas to you all 🎁 🎄

Thank you Deb.

Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas.

Graham.

142404449_christmascat.gif.6d725af598b19b1f179ed76c33f150e9.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

Shortbread is better and tastier than crackers. But very different than here. Hmm. Thanks. Interesting. :classic_biggrin: The biscuit thing seems to be very different in other countries. 

The reason I asked, was that "bread in a tube" has been unavailable for weeks. We usually buy their French bread loaves, Crescent Roll sheets and the Grand layered biscuits. They are really good, easy and come in small cans of 5 for both of us. 

So, then we started talking about biscuits in other countries. I didn't want to monopolize the conversation, but I was curious. 

This is a selection of English biscuits.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211225_141708.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, George C said:

Merry Christmas y’all from Dallas where it will be in the 80’s

image.thumb.jpeg.1c90f537b506ea5493deca0c4e28ace9.jpeg

Merry Christmas to you. Last night it was in the upper 60’s. I went to our family Christmas party in shorts. Never done that before.

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Christmas day lunch.

Among our many presents from our Sarah was a memory tree decoration with several loving messages inside.

Graham.

IMG_20211225_133916.jpg

IMG_20211225_134123.jpg

IMG_20211225_143534.jpg

looks wonderful Graham. Have a fantastic day and Merry Christmas to you and Pauline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Merry Christmas to you. Last night it was in the upper 60’s. I went to our family Christmas party in shorts. Never done that before.

looks wonderful Graham. Have a fantastic day and Merry Christmas to you and Pauline.

Thank you Greg.

Happy Christmas.

Graham.

B5CD5CF9-9DF3-4D1F-ACC5-490C4659B53A.gif.5390788618b44aadef7b7803730bc490.gif

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sunshine3601 Just went to Walgreens to get an idea what our odds would be getting tested 1/7.  The Pharmacy was closed  A clerk said they let 4 schedule per day! Also they space each test out 2 hours!  It made no sense.   I think it's time to order the test.

One of my daughters ordered tests for us.Too many people ,adults and kids are getting Covid.

• Like 4