Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

33 minutes ago, island lady said:

Our August 2021 Jewel B2B (12 night each) Baltic and British Isles cruises were cancelled weeks ago, huge surprise being cancelled that far in advance.  The sent Jewel to Copenhagen versus our originally booked Amsterdam....with RCI cancelling them outright with no options.  😞 

Yes, that was a very odd switch-a-roo they did.    Sorry 😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, that was a very odd switch-a-roo they did.    Sorry 😞

Thanks..Disappointing for sure, plus I had Viking river cruise lined up to board same day as our last day on Jewel in Amsterdam (which I then cancelled).  😞   Soooo...the Baltic/British Isles will remain on bucket list, not checked off until future opportunity.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Italy is my dream vacation.  We were supposed to go two years ago and then everyone warned me my hip would not let me do much walking😥Had the replacement surgery but now have nowhere to go. SIGH

Total bummer....this Covid has messed up a lot of our dreams.  😞 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Boobies are big in the Galapagos I understand 😁

If you meant [blue footed] boobies, then ... yes --

One nice specimen

DSC06144.JPG

Their mating dance is famous and fun to watch

DSC06156.JPG

Proud mommy (BUT, when she has two, she [and the other brother/sister] kills one of them... she can "deal" with just one kid, apparently)

DSC06161.JPG

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks...appreciate the suggestion.  Though I am actually partial to Maui and the Big Island.  We just use Honolulu for transfer when needed.  Have a fondness for Kauai as well.  Beautiful!  🙂 

Maui to me is the most fun, kaui has the wettest spot on earth and the flowers are so pretty in yards. I dont have a particular fondness for the big island. It's either kona all rock or the rainy part, though I lived on the rainy side of Oahu, big island maybe just bad luck never saw hilo except in the rain. 

We once went to look at 50 acres near hilo cheap and real estate agent told us a story about mainland guys who were like oh we wouldnt mind the rain ...sold and gave up. Just keeping the jungle at bay near hilo on a big property can be daunting. 

I lived there for 10 years and saw all the islands. Broke up with my local bf and lived in Waikiki for a year even. Loved hawaii. Best ever weather year round. Local parties are the best. A hotel party I'm sure fun but after the real thing idk. 

Edited by firefly333
Spellcheck quit helping me!
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Nyhavn is ten minutes walk from the Admiral hotel and has many bars and restaurants.

That will be dinner one night.  The other night will be one of the restaurants at Tivoli.  Also have a Segway tour booked, a boat rental for the 8 in our group and a canal ride planned.  Looking forward to that first Sea day.

Another positive for us is that we were able to get direct flights there and back which is a huge plus.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That will be dinner one night.  The other night will be one of the restaurants at Tivoli.  Also have a Segway tour booked, a boat rental for the 8 in our group and a canal ride planned.  Looking forward to that first Sea day.

Another positive for us is that we were able to get direct flights there and back which is a huge plus.

It all sounds perfect.

We have had dinner twice at Tivoli.

We were guests of Denmark's  Anthon Berg Chocolate 3 times and they took us to see all the sights as well as a sail in a Schooner boat.

The Danes love their raw fish and Snaps drink and say Skol (cheers) before drinking it in one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I have stayed in Copenhagen 4 times.

Lot's of things to see and do.

Nyhavn.

Little Mermaid.

Tivoli theme park to name a few.

We have stayed in the Admiral hotel on the waterside twice.

We had been booked for Scandic Palace hotel as it is right there in the city center square and looked like a great location with a lot in walking distance and also near their metro.   Eric loved the fact there was even a KFC next door - LOL!    It seems like every country we go to he has to try their KFC.    I could live without but now it is a thing he does.   

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

If you meant [blue footed] boobies, then ... yes --

One nice specimen

DSC06144.JPG

Their mating dance is famous and fun to watch

DSC06156.JPG

Proud mommy (BUT, when she has two, she [and the other brother/sister] kills one of them... she can "deal" with just one kid, apparently)

DSC06161.JPG

Beautiful birds.     Oh no, that's horrible she "kills" one of her babies.    

What wild animals/birds do I find very strange at times.   

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

Check into the Copenhagen card.  When we went you could get it for a set number of hours.  24, 72 etc.  It saved us a bunch of money.  Transportation is included, entrance to most attractions and a canal tour.  FYI some attractions have multiple places to pay such as tour the castle, see the stables etc.  Food is very expensive there also.

Yes, I almost bought them for everyone as Christmas present last year.    So glad I didn't since they were non-refundable. 

I have used the London Pass and that worked very well and saved us a lot of money too

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, I almost bought them for everyone as Christmas present last year.    So glad I didn't since they were non-refundable. 

I have used the London Pass and that worked very well and saved us a lot of money too

The card gets you into Tivoli but does not get you on any rides.  When we were there they had an outside pantomime theater we sat and watched.  Very enjoyable.  We also went back a few times to walk around and have some beer.

26 minutes ago, Keksie said:

The card gets you into Tivoli but does not get you on any rides.  When we were there they had an outside pantomime theater we sat and watched.  Very enjoyable.  We also went back a few times to walk around and have some beer.

Yes, I will definitely look into the card when I know for fact that I will able to travel there.     I believe you can use for public transportation (trains, metro, buses as well as some of the canal cruises).

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, I will definitely look into the card when I know for fact that I will able to travel there.     I believe you can use for public transportation (trains, metro, buses as well as some of the canal cruises).

Yes you can use it for transportation.  There are a lot of attractions too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Italy is my dream vacation.  We were supposed to go two years ago and then everyone warned me my hip would not let me do much walking😥Had the replacement surgery but now have nowhere to go. SIGH

You will love it once you get there.  Wear comfortable shoes.