Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@h20skibum

+2 

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Wishing you a wonderful and enjoyable cruise, along with @Ozark_Kid, and, hopefully, Mark & Susan tested negative for their 2nd leg -- @h20skibum

Thank you. 

If nothing, the cruise planner has been consistently off on the sunrise information.  Today, it listed 6:52 as sunrise, so I went up at 6 am.  At 6:15 I kept singing “Here comes the sun”, and there it was.  Another beautiful sunrise.  

31110856-29D9-422F-9DD2-EB8CD26DE815.thumb.jpeg.9efb5824ab789ae7679cd6dd2cdf66c1.jpeg

There were more people on deck to see it this morning.  Maybe they realized it would be their last chance to see a sunrise at sea.  

We both had our Covid tests this morning, but it says we may not have the results emailed to us until tonight. 

We went to the MDR for breakfast this morning, and there was hardly anyone there.  They made a very good omelette. 

837098A4-1FAA-4A3E-BEE9-F5DFF5159A96.thumb.jpeg.d0a677addf60040be667e22110244729.jpeg

I hope everyone sailing this weekend has a wonderful cruise, and I want to see some of those pictures.  Maybe we can have a sunrise photo contest every day, to see where the nicest ones are. 

• Like 17

55 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Tell me about it.  So hoping that Sarah's test comes back positive.

Even if by chance it didn't we are still heading south in Feb for our 4 day Indy sailing.  Since we are driving it won't really matter what she tests at after the cruise and if she did have to quarantine it's no big deal for her as her classes are all on line anyway.  Just booked our hotels for the drive down.  leaving a lot more time than usual since it's just Sarah and I.  Buffalo to Columbia the first day, Columbia to Titusville (no hotels in PC that were under 35000 points so I couldn't use my free night)

Same thing for Vikki, Toby and I in March.  We have no worries about testing or quarantining.  The only worry I have is about flights with so many being cancelled so we have already made back up plans to drive.

Smart move stopping in Columbia.  That way, you can get to I-95 early in the morning to avoid as much craziness there as possible.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thank you. And yes, all dug out but 18F today.🙄

7F here and feels like -2F. Might have to plug in the tractor this morning to warm up the engine before starting. We got around another 6” or more last night. All fluffy, so I’m waiting for the wind to move it before I blow any. No need to move it twice. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

7F here and feels like -2F. Might have to plug in the tractor this morning to warm up the engine before starting. We got around another 6” or more last night. All fluffy, so I’m waiting for the wind to move it before I blow any. No need to move it twice. 

You have a block heater I see, do you use that  tractor to blow the snow? Any pics of tractor?

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

all dug out but 18F today.🙄

May be my pics will cheer you up a bit.... What I like about "our" winters is that every couple of days you get a respite from rain and winds, so that you can replenish your "batteries" and carry on.

Today being a Saturday, there were considerably more people walking [and even sunbathing and swimming] on the beach. We kind of expected it, and choose the less popular beach, but still is was quite crowded.

One of our grandkids, as well as his father, are running a mild fever, so we found ourselves, unexpectedly, with a "free" WE.... two days in a row walking the beach.

And, no matter the pebbles, shells and asphalt from the parking lot until the soft sand, I'm walking barefoot in the memory of my dear friend, who died of ALS, and the thing he most missed was feeling the sand under his bare feet. I cherish every step I take and think of him.

20220108_112332.thumb.jpg.3e5d760357185ae21be25cfbc5df299b.jpg

20220108_111133.thumb.jpg.2d822707e173aabb1a8374d2f2260992.jpg

20220108_111514.thumb.jpg.31d691bb10731567fea11e85db38de1d.jpg

• Like 31

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Merlin loves this weather. 

20220108_100134.jpg

• Like 18

Good morning to a chillin 18 degrees here in Ohio.

5 degrees with wind chill.

Never saw 2 German Shepherds move so quick to be outside and do what dogs do outside!

They could have set a record!

Their mom and dad will be home late tonight, their plane lands in Cleveland just before midnight.

It was nice having the grand dogs here, but it will be time to say goodby.

I will probably have a hairy reminder for weeks of all the remnants of their shedding left behind.

I want a little snow down to make in look nice in January, then I will be ready for Spring.

Stay warm.

Take care

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

And, no matter the pebbles, shells and asphalt from the parking lot until the soft sand, I'm walking barefoot in the memory of my dear friend, who died of ALS, and the thing he most missed was feeling the sand under his bare feet. I cherish every step I take and think of him.

I don't think I've ever read anything as touching as the heartfelt words you posted about your friend. It brought tears to my eyes.  Continue to take many, many steps in the sand with loving memories of your dear friend.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Thank you. 

If nothing, the cruise planner has been consistently off on the sunrise information.  Today, it listed 6:52 as sunrise, so I went up at 6 am.  At 6:15 I kept singing “Here comes the sun”, and there it was.  Another beautiful sunrise.  

31110856-29D9-422F-9DD2-EB8CD26DE815.thumb.jpeg.9efb5824ab789ae7679cd6dd2cdf66c1.jpeg

There were more people on deck to see it this morning.  Maybe they realized it would be their last chance to see a sunrise at sea.  

We both had our Covid tests this morning, but it says we may not have the results emailed to us until tonight. 

We went to the MDR for breakfast this morning, and there was hardly anyone there.  They made a very good omelette. 

837098A4-1FAA-4A3E-BEE9-F5DFF5159A96.thumb.jpeg.d0a677addf60040be667e22110244729.jpeg

I hope everyone sailing this weekend has a wonderful cruise, and I want to see some of those pictures.  Maybe we can have a sunrise photo contest every day, to see where the nicest ones are. 

Very beautiful sunrise photo!

The omelet looks really appetizing. I like loaded omelets that are neither under or over cooked. They did a good job!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

May be my pics will cheer you up a bit.... What I like about "our" winters is that every couple of days you get a respite from rain and winds, so that you can replenish your "batteries" and carry on.

Today being a Saturday, there were considerably more people walking [and even sunbathing and swimming] on the beach. We kind of expected it, and choose the less popular beach, but still is was quite crowded.

One of our grandkids, as well as his father, are running a mild fever, so we found ourselves, unexpectedly, with a "free" WE.... two days in a row walking the beach.

Beautiful pictures and what a touching way to honor your friend.  We have blue skies in New England today but I’m sure our RI beaches are deserted with the cold temps. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lots of cooking going on here. Yesterday I made chicken soup and a chicken pasta casserole. Late in the day we drove up to MA and dropped it on the doorstep of the Covid house.  DD days SIL is better but her and the two little ones all have runny noses & mild congestion. She’s just assuming they all have it.  Since they’re quarantined for 10 days anyway, she’s not going to go crazy trying to get more tests.  
Today I’m cooking a few meals for youngest DD.  She’s an accountant in the financial reporting area of her company, so the months of January & February are mandatory overtime hours, until 9 pm every night plus all day Saturday, in addition to her regular hours (all WFH).  Be nice if it was extra $$, but she only gets the hours as additional time off.   
Keeps me busy since I’m not going out much these days! 

• Like 11

16 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

This sent me down the rabbit hole of finally starting the project of organizing about 35 years worth of pictures.  Most of the recent ones aren’t even printed yet, they’re on our phones, our computer, an external device and a bunch of memory cards floating around.  First up is deleting all the obsolete ones (you know, when you take 5 shots of the same thing).  So this should keep me occupied! 

Good for you that is a arduous task. I have been doing mine off and on over the last 5 years. One thing that made it so easy was that all of my childhood and family photos were on slides. My dad had a good camera and took some really great pictures. I invested in a professional slide to digital convertor and successfully transferred hundreds of slides to digital pics. One thing nice about taking most of my pics now on my iPhone is that they go right to my iCloud and computer. Makes for easy organizing and storage. Good luck, it's a lot of work but I know you will be happy having them all organized.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Another beautiful sunrise.  

I'll say. Cheers to you and another great day. I hope your tests come back negative for your next leg. Have a great rest of your cruise.

28 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are at Epcot.

Glad you guys made it safely and are enjoying Epcot. I love it there. I wish they still had the restaurant "Alfredos' in the Italy section. I ate at the original in Rome. Home of the original Alfredo sauce. Have a great cruise.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Do you have an ice dance or chant you can do to make sure we don't get this freezing ice storm they are predicting for Sunday.     Our Son is picking us up around 10 am to drive us to Cape Liberty (about 2 hrs +/- hrs from Bucks County).     If you have pull, please use it so it is just rain and not freezing rain.    Thank you 🥰

For Debbie and Eric:

No ice,no ice

Instead some delicious pumpkin spice

On the ship for lunch a dish of potatoes or rice

No ice,no ice

On the next leg of your cruise

You will meet Marietta and Charlie from New York

and have a meal of fried rice and pork

You will have many things about to talk

As you reach for a celery stalk

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are at Epcot. Wasn't to long I thought of Graham.  Plan on eating fish and chips.

20220108_103231.thumb.jpg.1da25ba7d25f939a38254f814400ac67.jpg

Still have some Christmas stuff up.

20220108_103213.thumb.jpg.d2f8c6026e37a3ca4bab12c76a839286.jpg

The was our Lyft to Epcot. 

20220108_095246.thumb.jpg.b806092e4cc70835dee9fa9cc0c805a2.jpg

Had this is our room guard while we are gone.

20220108_093502.thumb.jpg.256c6300fe8a1286e8cdd6d2dc0157f5.jpg

Hope you enjoyed your fish and chips.

We had a cruise booked in March from PC and intended to have time in Orlando to visit Epcot and Magic Kingdom but cancelled because of covid😢.

Graham.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Lots of cooking going on here. Yesterday I made chicken soup and a chicken pasta casserole. Late in the day we drove up to MA and dropped it on the doorstep of the Covid house.  DD days SIL is better but her and the two little ones all have runny noses & mild congestion. She’s just assuming they all have it.  Since they’re quarantined for 10 days anyway, she’s not going to go crazy trying to get more tests.  
Today I’m cooking a few meals for youngest DD.  She’s an accountant in the financial reporting area of her company, so the months of January & February are mandatory overtime hours, until 9 pm every night plus all day Saturday, in addition to her regular hours (all WFH).  Be nice if it was extra $$, but she only gets the hours as additional time off.   
Keeps me busy since I’m not going out much these days! 

Hope everyone feels good very soon. 

Whenever I visit my daughter or she comes here, it's understood that I have to make chicken soup.  I think it isn't the soup so much as the mama nurturing and love that goes into it.  I love how when almost done, she lifts the bowl to her mouth to get every last delicious healing drop the spoon misses.  

• Like 9

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Beautiful pictures.   Love your pics.  Thankful you have good memories of your friend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Glad you guys made it safely and are enjoying Epcot. I love it there. I wish they still had the restaurant "Alfredos' in the Italy section. I ate at the original in Rome. Home of the original Alfredo sauce. Have a great cruise.

We Just rode the new Ratatouille.   It is now one of my favorites. 

A couple of years ago they opened a new Italian restaurant that is really good.  Actually one of my favorite places to eat in Disney.   It's called Via Napoli. You need to try it the next time you visit  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, clochette said:

We are ready to drive to our daughter who lives in NJ to board Anthem tomorrow, all 4 of us tested negative yesterday and after seeing the mess with the dining room on Oasis really glad I got the unlimited dining package I thought it would be a good way to avoid crowds.

Really excited about the cruise but the stress leading to it, was a bit too much.  Hope that everyone else cruising this weekend as a wonderful time.

See you tomorrow on Anthem.     We both tested negative yesterday.    completed our health questionnaire on the app today.    All set🤩

• Like 9

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Sounds great!    I usually am up with the sun, although Eric usually sleeps in till 8 or 9 am

• Like 1