Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Good morning Oasis from Miami.  A few, very early pictures.  

E90DE2B2-08B7-45C6-9987-419BF71AA0F2.thumb.jpeg.42ad799f33807d27657ef6306faa3fb8.jpeg

We are already docked. 

FFD0071B-3A7E-4028-B446-065D4577285B.thumb.jpeg.b761efd134cf40f77b4e59a9be7e2e0c.jpeg

The Encore is coming in early too. 

C7BEAB2F-795A-4EA3-A2D0-089CB85A6EDE.thumb.jpeg.96e8c7cd774c00e1a1f7b3f7a6e4685f.jpeg

Now for some coffee.  

These are scenes I never see, so thank you. The only way I would enjoy those moments would be if I wasn’t disembarking for another week!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

There is mention of the problem on another thread from someone who is in the ship now.

Hopefully, they can fix it. Allure had a problem once that caused it to cruise at reduced speed for awhile altering its itineraries until it could get into the Freeport drydock. Of course, altered itineraries don't require mechanical issues these days.

Something similar was off in Nov as well. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

You clearly beat the sunrise today. Enjoy the coffee. 

We were in the dining room at sunrise, if there was one.  Cloudy and rain showers here today. 

17 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

These are scenes I never see, so thank you. The only way I would enjoy those moments would be if I wasn’t disembarking for another week!

There were a lot of sad faces around today, but they will get replaced with happy ones later. There were a few people on deck at 4:30 this morning, to enjoy the hot tub one last time, or get the skyline photo before the rain moved in. 

we are off to meet the other consecutive cruisers now. 

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are at Epcot. Wasn't to long I thought of Graham.  Plan on eating fish and chips.

20220108_103231.thumb.jpg.1da25ba7d25f939a38254f814400ac67.jpg

We used to love the Rose & Crown when my daughter had her annual Dance World competition at Epcot.  It was in the World Showplace Pavilion that's sort of hidden between Canada and the UK.  If our kids weren't performing, we'd usually hang out at the Rose & Crown for a pint.  For a change of pace, we'd sometimes go in the other direction and get a Moosehead draft from the Canada Pavilion.  Dance Worlds were not nearly as fun when they decided to move the competition to the Coronado Springs Convention Center for more room.  No more "around the world" adventures.

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Good for you that is a arduous task. I have been doing mine off and on over the last 5 years. 

I gave up trying.  I instead just moved a lot of old pictures to different Lightroom libraries.  My current LR library has a little over 14K photos.  

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

A few photos from the last few days. Lucy disappeared for about 30 hours. 

A30EF196-C9FA-4080-B168-1A302D6FB104.thumb.jpeg.9d7a39857a4d3b4181c5211926eeff22.jpeg

The walk of shame?

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I said you have nice toys...

He thinks your tractor's sexy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We’re in Ft. Lauderdale now, negative tests yesterday, preparing to board Edge tomorrow.  The Roll Call has gone silent.  I’m hoping all will go well.  I’ll post occasionally if so!

image.thumb.jpeg.210531a7e628ace20fceee30c3a473ed.jpeg

Our neighbors sail with you. Have fun

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

There is mention of the problem on another thread from someone who is in the ship now.

Hopefully, they can fix it. Allure had a problem once that caused it to cruise at reduced speed for awhile altering its itineraries until it could get into the Freeport drydock. Of course, altered itineraries don't require mechanical issues these days.

Unfortunately it never got the chance to use the Freeport dock. Oasis 'broke' it.

We sailed to Spain with two azipods. The dead one vibrated like crazy. Really felt it in our suite

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If I used that on our driveway I wouldn't have to worry about my next door neighbours complaining that I blew snow onto their yard...it would be the people beside them.

This is the setup I had in NJ when we lived there. John Deere 345 with a 42" snowblower on the front of the tractor. Did a flapper mod to it so it would really throw some snow, wet(icy) or dry snow didn't matter.

It worked well, the neighbors were very happy because I also did about 4 other driveways next to mine 🙂

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Unfortunately it never got the chance to use the Freeport dock. Oasis 'broke' it.

We sailed to Spain with two azipods. The dead one vibrated like crazy. Really felt it in our suite

I can't remember the year any longer. Allure was out of service for a week over in Freeport the time they built the cauffer dam around the stern so they could service the azipod. We were on the first week that she was back. I was nervous all week that the ship wouldn't be ready for our cruise. It was a huge relief whan it left Freeport for Ft. Lauderdale.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We’re in Ft. Lauderdale now, negative tests yesterday, preparing to board Edge tomorrow.  The Roll Call has gone silent.  I’m hoping all will go well.  I’ll post occasionally if so!

image.thumb.jpeg.210531a7e628ace20fceee30c3a473ed.jpeg

Hope everything goes well today for you and you have an amazing cruise on a lovely ship 

Graham 

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

The spout and shield are both hydraulic. I can drop the snow 1 foot away and with a quick change in seconds send it 85 feet the other direction. The view from the cab. 

The blower is 2,400 lbs and the rear wheels have a 1,000lb weight on each side. There is no bouncing around from being weighted heavy on one end. 

0D0C5EFB-98A0-43E4-A84B-8D2E0CA6EC18.thumb.jpeg.a00677eeb5dd60e37bfdb47713cc7514.jpeg

73A7E45F-A7DB-40C4-ADB9-273A295CC25F.jpeg.39e83eef21bd84a8022cc81077d248b7.jpeg

You have the best toys. Can I come over and play? That tractor and  blower would actually make clearing off a driveway fun.

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Harmony tomorrow 😁

I hope you have a fantastic cruise. Review or just an occasional post?

17 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I ate at Alfredo’s in Epcot about a month after the grand opening. 
My unsophisticated palate had never had real Parmesan cheese. Neither had my friend’s. 
We took one bite, looked at each other and said “Octagon soap”.

That was the laundry soap that was shaved off the bar and dropped into the wringer washer by our mothers. 
I learned to love that taste!

Alfredo's is so different than the Alfredo sauce most American's are used too. It took me a couple of times to get used to it but I like it. It's not has heavy as Alfredo sauce made with heavy whipping cream.

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The bad news is it's 21°F here right now.🤨

Good day to stay inside with a blanket and good book.

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

For those needing “a fix”, Sailing Doodles latest video has them going from St Thomas to the BVI with their base at Jost Van Dyke.  Enjoy. 

Thanks for reminding about SD. I have not been keeping up. Love to see video of JVD anytime.

14 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We’re in Ft. Lauderdale now, negative tests yesterday, preparing to board Edge tomorrow. 

Have a great time on Edge. I will look forward to hearing about your trip with some pictures.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I gave up trying.  I instead just moved a lot of old pictures to different Lightroom libraries.  My current LR library has a little over 14K photos.  

I don't think I know how make a library in LR? Could you explain how you do it? Do your photos go automatically there?

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think 2 of our cats got lose and are over at your house............

Pretty kitties!

• Like 2

Thank God for tile and wooden flooring. Update. We have a setback in the potty training of the pups. They have now decided it's easier to pee and poop in the the kitchen when we are not looking than go outside. Thank goodness we have tile. They do great at night in the crate but during the day they seem to want to potty anytime. We may have to crate them during the day. We do have a playpen and they seem to not potty in there but lately it has been a real challenge. They have also discovered faking it to get a treat. Smart pups. We are determined to get through this. I have read it's not uncommon for puppies to regress. Hard to know when a sniff is a sniff or a sniff to locate.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank God for tile and wooden flooring. Update. We have a setback in the potty training of the pups. They have now decided it's easier to pee and poop in the the kitchen when we are not looking than go outside. Thank goodness we have tile. They do great at night in the crate but during the day they seem to want to potty anytime. We may have to crate them during the day. We do have a playpen and they seem to not potty in there but lately it has been a real challenge. They have also discovered faking it to get a treat. Smart pups. We are determined to get through this. I have read it's not uncommon for puppies to regress. Hard to know when a sniff is a sniff or a sniff to locate.

Luckily when we bought our house there was only carpet in bedrooms, first thing we did was remove the carpet 😁, much easier to clean up hairballs 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, George C said:

Luckily when we bought our house there was only carpet in bedrooms, first thing we did was remove the carpet 😁, much easier to clean up hairballs 

When we bought our house there was carpet in every room except the kitchen.We removed all of it

54 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I don't think I know how make a library in LR? Could you explain how you do it? Do your photos go automatically there?

Sorry...I used the wrong word.  I meant to say that I moved old pictures to a different catalog.  I was just using the LR library module and must have had library on the brain.  Let me know if you need help with managing multiple catalogs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sorry...I used the wrong word.  I meant to say that I moved old pictures to a different catalog.  I was just using the LR library module and must have had library on the brain.  Let me know if you need help with managing multiple catalogs.

Right now the problem I have is my iPhotos are stored on my main hard drive and I'm running out of space. I have tried to move my main photo library to another external drive but iCloud gets confused. I just need to trouble shoot and get it figured out. I remember when I first got this iMac in 2010 and thought "256gb hard drive that should be enough?" NOT!!

• Like 2