Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had been booked for Scandic Palace hotel as it is right there in the city center square and looked like a great location with a lot in walking distance and also near their metro.   Eric loved the fact there was even a KFC next door - LOL!    It seems like every country we go to he has to try their KFC.    I could live without but now it is a thing he does.   

Scandic Front next to the Admiral is very nice.

Also a big fan of trying American chains overseas. Burger King is everywhere in Barcelona

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

DD had to make a point of visiting McD’s in Paris and Rome in February. 

Vincent: “No man, they got the metric system. They wouldn't know what the f**k a quarter pounder is.” ...

Vincent: “They call it a Royale with cheese.”

Jules: “Royale with cheese?"

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

This had to be 35 years ago in Germany or Austria, we went to a McDonalds after a week of bad meat and spaetzle in our included hotel in Innsbruck, and I ordered a Fish McAhoy and pomme Frits.  Was Devine. 

Ahh... memories... sang Grizzabella

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow!!!  We (boos has been working and was oncall this past weekend) have been so busy non stop since last Wednesday moving into the Townhouse. Many many trips back and forth between home, storage, and Townhouse. So much collected junk over the years. 

This morning, we close on selling our home. Due to COVID19, we actually signed the papers yesterday afternoon. We left the house at 7pm for the last time. So much relieved to be finished and my body and especially my bad are glad for a few days of rest. Looking forward to the future when we can begin moving into our new home. Hopefully, we will be in it this time next year. 

I will probably hop on my Scoot and go for a ride. I’ll pack the drone and see what kind of trouble I can get into. 

M8

D3A57837-1AAE-485E-8426-112821013A4D.jpeg

51BA36F1-348A-464D-A281-905C56DC4E65.jpeg

064DE44F-2763-44A6-914E-3649D34F7AE2.jpeg

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Wow!!!  We (boos has been working and was oncall this past weekend) have been so busy non stop since last Wednesday moving into the Townhouse. Many many trips back and forth between home, storage, and Townhouse. So much collected junk over the years. 

This morning, we close on selling our home. Due to COVID19, we actually signed the papers yesterday afternoon. We left the house at 7pm for the last time. So much relieved to be finished and my body and especially my bad are glad for a few days of rest. Looking forward to the future when we can begin moving into our new home. Hopefully, we will be in it this time next year. 

I will probably hop on my Scoot and go for a ride. I’ll pack the drone and see what kind of trouble I can get into. 

M8

D3A57837-1AAE-485E-8426-112821013A4D.jpeg

51BA36F1-348A-464D-A281-905C56DC4E65.jpeg

064DE44F-2763-44A6-914E-3649D34F7AE2.jpeg

Congratulations on the sale!!    Btw I love that driveway.    

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Congrats on completing step 1.  I'm not looking forward to moving out of our Ohio house.  We'll move a few things to Florida but will sell/give away much of our current belongings.  Sounds like a lot of work.  Less work though than building new.  Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We honeymooned in Hawaii in 1993.  Spent a couple of days on Waikiki and then a week on Maui in what was the Embassy Suites in Kaanapali at the time (now a condo).  We took our kids to Hawaii about 15 years later and spent 10 days at the Westin Maui.  That has become our go to Maui hotel.  Love the location right next to Whaler's Village and I've always been able to use SPG/Bonvoy points for free rooms.  We took our kids to Oahu for a day to show them Waikiki and where we stayed.  What a traffic nightmare.  We'll stay with the slower pace of the other islands.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

This had to be 35 years ago in Germany or Austria, we went to a McDonalds

DS, 12 y then, liked his hamburger "dry" (just the patty ... go figure 🤣).

Off he went on a youth tennis team to Austria. At McDonalds he ordered one hamburger "dry" ... He got three (drei 😁)... Luckily, the coach spoke German and the misunderstanding was solved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

This morning, we close on selling our home.

Looking forward to the future when we can begin moving into our new home. Hopefully, we will be in it this time next year. 

M8

Congrats.  Glad you got past that step.  Hoping the construction goes quickly and you all are in the new house soon. 

18 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Maui to me is the most fun, kaui has the wettest spot on earth and the flowers are so pretty in yards. I dont have a particular fondness for the big island. It's either kona all rock or the rainy part, though I lived on the rainy side of Oahu, big island maybe just bad luck never saw hilo except in the rain. 

We once went to look at 50 acres near hilo cheap and real estate agent told us a story about mainland guys who were like oh we wouldnt mind the rain ...sold and gave up. Just keeping the jungle at bay near hilo on a big property can be daunting. 

I lived there for 10 years and saw all the islands. Broke up with my local bf and lived in Waikiki for a year even. Loved hawaii. Best ever weather year round. Local parties are the best. A hotel party I'm sure fun but after the real thing idk. 

Mahalo!  How nice to have experienced 10 years in the islands!  🙂 

We have only been there a few times, but spent weeks at a time when we did.  Indeed love Maui the best, but found real laid back, unhurried charm on the big Island.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I know what you mean. I'll take the Mercedes GL. 😁

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Her car is the Porsche. 😎. Love the new GLE450. All glass dash and touch screen. 

49 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Either one will do. I'm not picky. 😁

38 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

You can pick Davekathy and I'll have the other one.😎

Both nice cars.

My goal is to convince the Boss to go condo.  Then to go urban and have no car, until I can get a self driving one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

We have only been there a few times, but spent weeks at a time when we did. 

We've only spent 1.5 days pre-cruise in Honolulu and then overnight in Maui and Kauai, one stop in BI and Kona.

We fell in love with all those islands, would like very much to return, but getting there is a PITA....☹️

• Like 2

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Scandic Front next to the Admiral is very nice.

Also a big fan of trying American chains overseas. Burger King is everywhere in Barcelona

I got a kick out of the McDonalds located right on the beach over the sand in Nice...and they served wine!  😉 

• Like 2

Finally cut up one of our ripe Pineapples Bucky grew, which he picked a few days ago.  Cut off it's head, and stuck it in some water for a few days ....before stuffing it into some dirt in a pot later to grow more victims.  😉  

It said "You are going to do WHAT with my body?"....Some got cut up and went into Bucky's tropical rum drink last night, some was cut up and saved for breakfast this morning...but the rest went on this homemade pizza I made, along with Bacon, BBQ chicken, fresh Portobello mushrooms, Italian cheese, fresh shaved Parm cheese, and thin sliced onions.  Yummss!!  Was good!  

20201221_171128.jpg

20201221_171717.jpg

20201221_173547.jpg

• Like 7